Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 204 of 230 FirstFirst ... 104154194202203204205206214 ... LastLast
Results 3,046 to 3,060 of 3445

Thread: Coronavirus

Quote Originally Posted by koldjerky View Post
    I agree with you. Masks and social distancing I think is key.

Iíve said from the beginning that itís hard for me
    To really touch on the financial aspect as myself and fiancť have had no issues due to the ability to work remote with no wage decrease or time lost.

I do think there are some adaptive traits that have been made by bars and restaurants but due to it being summer, itís made it easier. There should still be ways to handle the openings of businesses with a capacity limit, social distancing, and masks.

My grandparents are in an independent living facility and yesterday I saw them for the first time (outside FaceTime) through their window (thankfully they are on the first of three floors). Itís sad what is going on but the people out there deliberately breaking these precautions is whatís continuing this ďlock down.Ē

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Same here... being an RT, Iíve not been financially hurt by this at all. Actually because I travel for work (I work contracts at different hospitals during different times of the year) my skill set has actually been in higher demand. That usually puts my right smack dab in the middle of this crisis. Currently working at the VA Center in PHX, which is way cool to work with vets.

But Iíd agree that the worst part of this is that fact that our elders are so alone. I call my parent every other day or two and just talk with them for an hour or so. I think I gonna start sending them presents through Amazon to brighten their days!

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    There you go again with the "fear" thing. Do you equate seat belts and bike helmets with "fear" as well?
    Jesus says that's the wussification of society.

Quote Originally Posted by The20thK View Post
    For those following the thread:

Iíve sworn off speaking to trolls like Spiff. It is hard to do because every 100th post he makes has a valid point and deserves a response.

But Iíve learned over time not to engage with him because it always revolves into insults.

If anyone reads his posts, thinks he is making a good point, and wants me to respond, then simply ask me and I will.

I just wonít respond to him.
    Cool. Keep gaslighting, dude.

Disagreeing with people and asking for citations on their wild claims is in no way trolling. You can pick and choose your spots to play "diplomatic" but it's obvious you simply don't like that I have been calling out the consistent ******** posts of those on a mission to paint COVID-19 as nothing more than a minor annoyance that the loony lefties are using to take down poor, misunderstood Donald.

Your silence and side stepping says as much or more than any reply you might pen. Make no mistake, I don't care whether you respond to me or not. I just want you and anyone else reading to realize that I know exactly what you are doing and why you are doing it.

PSD: where the moderators consistently cave to crybaby tattletales and it's a lot safer to be openly racist, hateful, and ignorant than to be a little rude to the racist, hateful, and ignorant

Same here... being an RT, Iíve not been financially hurt by this at all. Actually because I travel for work (I work contracts at different hospitals during different times of the year) my skill set has actually been in higher demand. That usually puts my right smack dab in the middle of this crisis. Currently working at the VA Center in PHX, which is way cool to work with vets.

But Iíd agree that the worst part of this is that fact that our elders are so alone. I call my parent every other day or two and just talk with them for an hour or so. I think I gonna start sending them presents through Amazon to brighten their days!
    Worked in the ER (as a registrar) when I lived in FL so i knew quite a few traveling nurses. Always wanted to do that (the traveling part).

My mom worked marketing for DME and worked with RTs a lot so she introduced me. Went on a few walk alongs and visitations at a few hospitals she went to. Really loved the idea and went to college for it. Long story as to why I dropped out but I never went back for it. Looked at associate programs but nothing was around me.

Do wish I went back and I guess I always could but

Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    Sorry, I should have clarified. I donít know the answer. I ďfeelĒ they are overexaggerated if I had to choose. I was only attempting to gather others perspectives on my experiences that I could speak to.
    You do realize that you and maybe one or two others experiences are still anecdotal at best right? I know a nurse who works Elmhurst hospital in Queens where at one point they were storing bodies in commercial trucks they were so overwhelmed.

You dont see me bring it up time after time because its not a universal experience You dont speak like someone who "feels" like the numbers are exaggerated. You speak like from your experiences that you are sure.

My wifeís friend was diagnosed with brain cancer (after beating breast cancer) after getting scans from not feeling well. Cancer had already spread to her bones. Terminal with only a short time to live. Tested positive in the hospital, dies a week later (wasnít expected to make it much longer than that anyways).

Listed as covid related.
    Yea of course thats a covid death, you just said she got it and it killed her. What should the death be listed as??

If she had the flu and it killed her, I would 100% expect that to be on the death report. Why wouldnt I have the same expectation for covid?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    You do realize that you and maybe one or two others experiences are still anecdotal at best right? I know a nurse who works Elmhurst hospital in Queens where at one point they were storing bodies in commercial trucks they were so overwhelmed.

You dont see me bring it up time after time because its not a universal experience You dont speak like someone who "feels" like the numbers are exaggerated. You speak like from your experiences that you are sure.
    Kind of where I was going with the question. Feel like too many people are using personal experiences as what the truth is. I said it before but I only know a few that had had the disease and all recover (one says she has some residual effects after two months but nothing crazy) so youíd think Iíd be a passenger on the hoax train as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

Coronavirus

And I agree with you that everyone should be concerned. If Iíve given the idea that hat I am not concerned, please forgive me... that wasnít my intention.

I think we should be concerned but not living in fear. Right now, they govt and the media has people living in fear.
    I disagree. If anything the opposition to sensible precautions have made things worse. People have not taken the virus seriously enough. People should be staying home as much as possible, limiting there interactions, and then following the precautions when they do go out. Even those that follow the second part seem to have forgotten about the first part

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    I disagree. If anything the opposition to sensible precautions have made things worse. People have not taken the virus seriously enough. People should be staying home as much as possible, limiting there interactions, and then following the precautions when they do go out. Even those that follow the second part seem to have forgotten about the first part

I donít think anything you said goes against what I said.

I agree that people havenít taken it serious enough. I agree that we should be staying at home as much as possible. I agree that we should be limiting our interactions. I agree that when we go out we should be taking precautions.

I donít agree with the govt saying when we should go out, where we should go and what kind of interactions we should have. Thatís all.

Mets, your an oncologist?

What do you make of the NYC data showing the death rates by age?

Certainly itís the largest sample size of data that we have right? So it should be the data available to make decisions on how to move forward with fighting this virus.

Iím sure there are more than just my experiences.

I also realize the stories you bring up.

Itís a sad deal all around. I have no hidden agenda here, aside from what the resident troll suggests. Iím giving my opinion and seeking information, trying to have intelligent discussion. I appreciate your posts.

Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    Yea of course thats a covid death, you just said she got it and it killed her. What should the death be listed as??

If she had the flu and it killed her, I would 100% expect that to be on the death report. Why wouldnt I have the same expectation for covid?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    I disagree as she was terminal and likely to die in the next week regardless.

Quote Originally Posted by koldjerky View Post
    Kind of where I was going with the question. Feel like too many people are using personal experiences as what the truth is. I said it before but I only know a few that had had the disease and all recover (one says she has some residual effects after two months but nothing crazy) so youíd think Iíd be a passenger on the hoax train as well.

I never called it a hoax.

Mets, your an oncologist?
    He has never said such a thing. However, he did share a post from the Mets forum that was written by an oncologist.

What do you make of the NYC data showing the death rates by age?

Certainly itís the largest sample size of data that we have right? So it should be the data available to make decisions on how to move forward with fighting this virus.
    Why would a single city's data be the largest sample size that we have? And what exactly are you attempting to infer with NYC's data? I mean, we all know this has a much greater effect on the older population; that is very old news at this point.

PSD: where the moderators consistently cave to crybaby tattletales and it's a lot safer to be openly racist, hateful, and ignorant than to be a little rude to the racist, hateful, and ignorant

I never called it a hoax.
    Black or white bdawk it's 2020 ain't no grey anymore

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    One More Time