Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 201 of 230 FirstFirst ... 101151191199200201202203211 ... LastLast
Results 3,001 to 3,015 of 3445

Thread: Coronavirus

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncsinmo View Post
    Informing people how ****ed up of a person you are is not crying to mommy and daddy. It's informing people how ****ed up of a person you are.

I'll always have a few unsolicited late night PMs from you to remind me that you are a very messed up individual. Seek some help for your anger.
    Please refer to my last post instead of turning this thread in to your personal "Dear Diary".

PSD: where the moderators consistently cave to crybaby tattletales and it's a lot safer to be openly racist, hateful, and ignorant than to be a little rude to the racist, hateful, and ignorant

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Please refer to my last post instead of turning this thread in to your personal "Dear Diary".
    Again. I've seen your definition of PMs. Life is way too short to be PMing with you. I'll stick to calling you out as I see you in a public fashion. At least I can keep you somewhat leashed when others are viewing. I have zero desire to read another PM like the ones you sent me. You're an angry person.

Quote Originally Posted by The20thK View Post
    Iíd imagine that your friends and I agree on most of this conversation.

Healthy middle age adults to young babies shouldnít be highly concerned about contracting Covid. Less than fractions of fractions would die or have any serious deficit from it.

Look at NYCs data on hospitalization rates and deaths vs infections. It will tel you all you need to know about how to handle this problem.

So we should be following that data... but because we have a media that hates our president and itís an election year, we have to rank our economy to make sure we get him out. But the Liberals couldnít even get that right!!! They nominated Joe Biden!!! The one person on this earth who may be dumber sounding that Donald Trump!!!!
    Yeah, no. They say everyone should be concerned about contracting it. They are seeing long term or permanent heart and lung damage. They are seeing people in their 30's and 40's suffer strokes and a handful of other odd ****. A few of them are just as batty conspiracy theorists as we have here, though they largely agree on the seriousness and the death counts. It's weird that all this denial comes from a bunch of folks from a particular side of the nuts on a sports forum. A lot of anecdotes.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack the Ripper View Post
    He knows better than any doctor.
    It is never about a single doctor. There are a lot of idiot "doctors".

Its about the scientific consensus. That exists for a reason. Fauci is a prime example of someone credible pushing the consensus.

The understanding is that Covid related deaths (itd important to understand that this means if a death was accelerated by any amout of time due to covid, it was tallied correctly. One hour, one day, one week.) are severely underreported.

The evidence points to something; those who go against that are essentially throwing out conspiracies and even if they end up being right years down the road they're wrong now.

Science is about Garbage In,Garbage Out. What is determined is according to the best available data. As said data improves- which happens with a new virus- conclusions will become more and more accurate over time.

Anecdotal reports of incorrect reporting are nothing more than that. Anecdotes. Doesn't- necessarily -dismiss that individual case but it does not validate a widespread covid conspiracy in any way.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by blams; 08-08-2020 at 07:53 AM.

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    What was that example?

I thi k the car accident we all unanimously agree is a bogus count. But I think other ones where infection lead to death is still a legitimate count.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    My wifeís friend was diagnosed with brain cancer (after beating breast cancer) after getting scans from not feeling well. Cancer had already spread to her bones. Terminal with only a short time to live. Tested positive in the hospital, dies a week later (wasnít expected to make it much longer than that anyways).

Listed as covid related.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Okay but it still had nothing to do with what i said. There are going to be nefarious circumstances where COVID is counted as a primary cause of death when its not. That's what happens when there is funding involved. Some hands won't be clean.

I dont think anyone is arguing that but that doesn't mean an overwhelming number of cases where the COVID virus expedited death or was the primary cause are negated. Anecdotal evidence like you are mentioning doesn't change that either.
    Which brings me back to my original question, how real are the numbers?

Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    My wifeís friend was diagnosed with brain cancer (after beating breast cancer) after getting scans from not feeling well. Cancer had already spread to her bones. Terminal with only a short time to live. Tested positive in the hospital, dies a week later (wasnít expected to make it much longer than that anyways).

Listed as covid related.
    Not to be callous but do you believe Covid sped up the inevitable?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    Which brings me back to my original question, how real are the numbers?
    Do you feel Covid numbers are under or over exaggerated?

Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

Quote Originally Posted by koldjerky View Post

He believes they are under exaggerated. People "believe " in a lot of things due to personal experience.

Click here to register!

Well, that is exactly what a Covid related death would be.

Click here to register!

Quote Originally Posted by benny01 View Post
    Yeah, no. They say everyone should be concerned about contracting it. They are seeing long term or permanent heart and lung damage. They are seeing people in their 30's and 40's suffer strokes and a handful of other odd ****. A few of them are just as batty conspiracy theorists as we have here, though they largely agree on the seriousness and the death counts. It's weird that all this denial comes from a bunch of folks from a particular side of the nuts on a sports forum. A lot of anecdotes.
    Im not sure where they are working but Iíve been in NM and AZ this whole time and seen a vast amount of Covid patients. The only worry anyone should have is getting it and giving it to someone who is at risk for serious illness or death. There has been very little evidence to show there could be long lasting side effects, although I know they are currently studying it.

One could also say that it is weird that all the fear-mongering is coming from a political persuasion as well. Be willing to look at your own biases when assessing your positions. I am basing my professional (not expert by any means) opinion on what I have seen and the opinions and experiences of the 100ís of coworkers I have spoken with.

Interesting that everyone complains about anecdotes and stories but when I posted official data from NYC about the deaths statistics and the age of those who are dying... no one responded. You just kept arguing over dumb crap.

Well here it is again. And Iíll say it again... if you are relatively young (under 55) and relatively healthy (not immunospressed) then you have no more to fear about Covid than you do the flu.

https://www1.nyc.gov/site/doh/covid/covid-19-data.page

I mean, sure. She had a couple weeks max.

Is it fair to list that as covid?

I believe the numbers arenít real.

Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    It is never about a single doctor. There are a lot of idiot "doctors".

Its about the scientific consensus. That exists for a reason. Fauci is a prime example of someone credible pushing the consensus.

The understanding is that Covid related deaths (itd important to understand that this means if a death was accelerated by any amout of time due to covid, it was tallied correctly. One hour, one day, one week.) are severely underreported.

The evidence points to something; those who go against that are essentially throwing out conspiracies and even if they end up being right years down the road they're wrong now.

Science is about Garbage In,Garbage Out. What is determined is according to the best available data. As said data improves- which happens with a new virus- conclusions will become more and more accurate over time.

Anecdotal reports of incorrect reporting are nothing more than that. Anecdotes. Doesn't- necessarily -dismiss that individual case but it does not validate a widespread covid conspiracy in any way.

If only science were that easy in todayís political climate...

I wish you were right but I think everyone can agree that money and politics have damaged science irreversibly. Anyone, conspiracy theorist and normal folks alike, can take stats and skew it to their perspective.

A great example would be that Hydrochloriquine study that The Lancet put out. After asking for further documentation of the conclusion , the reporting lab refused to give it and the 3 of the 4 doctors who had originally peer-reviewed the paper pulled the endorsement.

For the record Iím not sayin Hydrochloriquine works.... just using the peer-reviewed article as an example how people can use ďscienceĒ and manipulate data to validate their positions.