Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 198 of 230 FirstFirst ... 98148188196197198199200208 ... LastLast
Results 2,956 to 2,970 of 3449

Thread: Coronavirus

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Rhody View Post
    Guys come on no personal experiences on the internet they don't count. I was accused of this in another thread and all I did was vent about a lazy person in my life

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    Personal RELEVANT experience is necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by The20thK View Post
    Or anecdotes.

Quote Originally Posted by benny01 View Post
    Or anecdotes.
    Anecdotal isnít a bad word.

Quote Originally Posted by The20thK View Post
    Yup

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Sorry to burst the bubble on your big ace in the hole here Dr. Facebook, but:

https://www.politifact.com/factcheck...ve-stopping-a/

Oh my. Facebook? That explains a lot about you.

https://www.wusa9.com/article/news/v...2-afe9fa7759a0
    GJO- You will never be forgotten. "MORE THAN MINFINITY"!

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncsinmo View Post
    Oh my. Facebook? That explains a lot about you.

https://www.wusa9.com/article/news/v...2-afe9fa7759a0
    My goodness. Talk about completely clueless. YOUR CLAIM was popularized on Facebook, hence why I called you "Dr. Facebook" and showed you that YOUR CLAIM (that, once again, was popularized on Facebook) is false. Even funnier, is that this link you provided gives much of the same info I showed a picture of and linked to from PolitiFact (not Facebook)....and goes entirely against your claim.

Also, as The20thK already noted, messages like that are included on products to protect the manufacturers from litigation.

Please learn to process the very simple information being presented to you (but also thank you for starting my day with a gigantic horse laugh).

PSD: where the moderators consistently cave to crybaby tattletales and it's a lot safer to be openly racist, hateful, and ignorant than to be a little rude to the racist, hateful, and ignorant

Quote Originally Posted by GottaBelieve View Post
    To suggest a person would have died anyway when the proximate cause of death was acute COVID infection is flat out ridiculous. I treat colon cancer daily. The median survival for stage 4 colon cancer is about 3 years. So yeah , Herman Cain died of COVID. Same is true for all these other people.

By this argument no one dies of anything specifically because we all have a pre-existing condition called mortality. Itís a false idea that COVID isnít the proximate and most direct cause of death for these people who would be otherwise alive today. Thatís called a preventable death.

With respect to masks, there is clear and convincing data that any mask reduces droplet transmission risk - and pretty significantly at that. Itís all relative with respect to efficacy as N-95 is better than surgical or cloth, but all are way better than nothing. Itís a good idea to wear a mask of any kind to reduce infection and transmission risk. Are the eyes a potential source of risk - maybe. But far less so than nasal-oral. Not having eye protection doesnít mean you donít wear a mask. It just means you have a nominally higher risk than someone with eye protection on as well. The risk from the eyes is real but quite small.

With respect to school, no physician I know of is claiming it is a hard open or close situation. Itís all degrees of risk/benefit.

I would say if the background risk of covid in any given area is very low (as defined by local health departments and data), the adherence to mask wearing full time by all students and teachers and staff is close to 100%, students can at all times be kept 6 feet apart or greater, and classes move in cohorts (no hallway mingling, staggered movement), then itís safe to reopen. But all of these criteria must be met for truly safe reopening. If they canít be met, then even if you open you will have to shut down very fast with clusters of cases.

I hope this helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Stealing this from the Met's forum and thanks to Gotta for it. He's an oncologist so all you guys who keep saying that COVID isn't a direct cause of death with people who have co-morbidities can really just put that to rest. But I am sure some of you have more advanced medical degrees to say otherwise.
    Last edited by metswon69; 08-07-2020 at 02:57 PM.

Dr. Facebook trumps any doctor, any day.

PSD: where the moderators consistently cave to crybaby tattletales and it's a lot safer to be openly racist, hateful, and ignorant than to be a little rude to the racist, hateful, and ignorant

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Stealing this from the Met's forum and thanks to Gotta for it. He's an oncologist so all you guys who keep saying that COVID isn't a direct cause of death with people who have co-morbidities can really just put that to rest. But I am sure some of you have more advanced medical degrees to say otherwise.
    So your saying a guy testing positive for covid that dies in a car accident should be listed as a COVID death? I donít agree.

As for the rest of the post, thanks for sharing that, good info.

Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    So your saying a guy testing positive for covid that dies in a car accident should be listed as a COVID death? I donít agree.

Hes saying a lot of patients with underlying comorbidities who catch covid and die should rightfully be listed as a covid death as opposed to death by "underlying comorbidity".

Earlier that seemed to be an argument against the covid numbers, people suggested those with comorbidities shouldnt be listed as covid death.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

What a clown comment, dude. You've brought this up, what now? Five, maybe ten times?

Yet, despite being pushed for it, you have refused to provide a single shred of evidence that it actually happened. Do you even understand how an adult conversation works or are you just here to spread misinformation (and then play victim when called out for it)?

Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    Hes saying a lot of patients with underlying comorbidities who catch covid and die should rightfully be listed as a covid death as opposed to death by "underlying comorbidity".

Earlier that seemed to be an argument against the covid numbers, people suggested those with comorbidities shouldnt be listed as covid death.

This is true but you're completely side-stepping the fact that what BDawk thinks is his big "gotcha" moment here is some make believe tale that he expects us to blindly take at face value (and then gets really pushed out of shape and confrontational when we don't).

13. 08-07-2020, 04:03 PM
    Reason
    Stop replying to the bots- TT

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Great info. I wouldnít argue against anything he says. And I dont think anyone has (that Iíve seen). And I donít think this Dr would argue against the fact that people have been counted as Covid deaths simply cause they have Covid at the time of death.

No. When is a car accident a co-morbidity btw?

Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post

I think thereís grey area, take my wifeís friend for example.