Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Do The Clippers Have All The Pressure & No Excuses to Come Out the West?

They have arguably the best player in the world and best 2 way player and reigning Finals MVP in Kawhi Leonard. He has been load managing all season, not playing in back-to-backs, and should be the freshest of all the superstar level players entering the postseason.

Clippers have the ‘dawgs’ that the Lakers nor other teams have. Dawgs like Kawhi, PG, Pat Bev, Montrezl, Lou Will (offensively), and they just won the trade deadline stumping the Lakers and acquiring another dawg in Marcus Morris. I mean Jackie MacMullan said, who’s gonna score on the Clippers? They really do have the best perimeter defense in the league with the biggest shot makers and 3 pt shooters (add Shamet, Jamychal Green).

They have the best bench in the NBA led by Lou & Trez. And they have a championship level coach in Doc Rivers.

They’ve beaten the Lakers 2-0, and if wasn’t for the postponed game due to the tragedy of Mamba, it would’ve been 3-0. I’m a Laker fan and I’m a firm believer of that.

I don’t care if my Lakers are 3 games ahead of the Clippers in the loss column. Clippers are still the best team in the West, and they’ve proven that.

FSN & ESPN and all their analysts and experts have the Clippers as the favorites.

So my question is, when the expectation is such and everything I’ve brought up that supports my notion of the Clippers being head and shoulders above everyone out west... do they now have all the pressure to win the Western Conference crown? With a stacked team assembled by Jerry West, his son Ryan West, Lawrence Frank, Michael Winger, Lee Jenkins, with the coaching of Doc Rivers, Tyronn Lue & Sam Cassell, and the ownership of Steve ‘Ballz’ Ballmer.... are there also no more excuses ?

Thoughts.

(PS: Yes I’m a Laker fan and dead scared of the Clippers)
    Last edited by LaVar Ball; 02-11-2020 at 02:58 AM.

I agree with everything, apart from Clippers having a coaching advantage. There is a large LeBron fanbase and a general believe in him to goat during the playoffs, which is why the Lakers are still slightly ahead of the Clippers at bookmakers. I'm a long time Lakers fan as well, but as a realist, I don't expect a title at all at this stage. Lou and Harrell are boarderline stars off the bench, how can anyone match that? I can imagine PG choking when it gets tough, but do they even need him offensively?

I also believe that if the Clippers finish 2nd or 3rd, they will make it to the conference finals easier than the Lakers. They might get OKC in the first round and also avoid Houston/Utah. Lakers will have their hands full with Portland if they meet?!

I dont have them coming out of the west.

Kawhi is a cyborg but the only person who has a chance of stopping/besting him in the post season plays on the Lakers and I can't wait to see that matchup.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Facts can be hypothetical.

Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    Kawhi is a cyborg but the only person who has a chance of stopping/besting him in the post season plays on the Lakers and I can't wait to see that matchup.
    Same... I hope they meet in the conference finals, that would be epic.

LeBron plays for the most successful team in NBA history and has Anthony Davis. He will be under extreme pressure every season.

I don't know. I don't think the Clippers have any real pressure at all, even though they should. On paper, they have the best team in the NBA and arguably the best player, who plays 2 1/2 quarters of every game and takes 1 out of every 4 games off. The fact that they're only the 3rd seed in the West should be the top story of every sports show, especially if they end up with a potential playoff gauntlet of OKC - Denver - Lakers - Bucks, which isn't out of the question, and only have home court for 1 series. But I think Kawhi's heroics last year and the fact they're still only the 2nd most popular team in their own building gives them a built-in bye from pressure for 1 year. No matter how good they are, the story is still LeBron James.

Now, if they don't win this year, then the 2020-21 season will represent all the pressure in the world. The franchise bet the house on these 2 seasons. They mortgaged their entire future for 2 guaranteed years of Kawhi and PG, and they're resting them specifically for this post season run. If they don't win a title in 1 of the next 2 years and lose 1 or both of their stars, the franchise is in shambles. So this year is still the Lakers pressure year, but if the Clippers don't make the Finals, next season is all about them.

I love it, but to answer your question, I personally don't thinks so... right now I feel both LA teams have tons of pressure and absolutely NEED to come out of the western conference for their respective sakes. For the Clippers, their championship window could be VERY very small, and if they can't get it done in two years... we might see George and Kawhi walk, and there could be many years of struggles/lack of picks. For the Lakers, Lebron's legacy is also tied to them and he's getting older... they need to come out, cause if they don't, do they have to worry about Davis leaving in this off-season? I mean, it seems unlikely, but what if things go awry? What if they get thoroughly beaten by a team in the west (be it the Clippers or another team)? Maybe Davis starts exploring his options.

We don't know how it'll all end, but we all know that at least one of these teams will be labeled as a choker (maybe both if something crazy happens).
    Quote Originally Posted by P&GRealist View Post
    Sometimes, perception isn't reality.

But Tittays are forever.

I FOUND THE LEGENDARY THREAD

https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...es-to-Redskins

They’re gonna beat the Celtics in Boston tonight. Book it!

Doc & Morris make their return and the Klaw goes off!!!

Clippers just beat out the Lakers... again... and signed Reggie Jackson as their backup PG.

Lakers backup is an old past his prime Rajon Rondo

Again, no excuses !!!

Quote Originally Posted by LaVar Ball View Post
    They’re gonna beat the Celtics in Boston tonight. Book it!

Doc & Morris make their return and the Klaw goes off!!!
    I booked it. You owe me money.

Quote Originally Posted by Saddletramp View Post
    I booked it. You owe me money.
    It's just the regular season

Clippers top 10 >>>>>> Lakers top 10

Clippers
    Coach: Doc Rivers
    1. Kawhi Leonard
    2. Paul George
    3. Patrick Beverley
    4. Lou Williams
    5. Montrezl Harrell
    6. Marcus Morris Sr.
    7. Reggie Jackson
    8. Landry Shamet
    9. Ivica Zubac
    10. JaMychal Green

Lakers
    Coach: Frank Vogel
    1. LeBron James
    2. Anthony Davis
    3. Danny Green
    4. Avery Bradley
    5. JaVale McGee
    6. Rajon Rondo
    7. Kyle Kuzma
    8. Kentavious Caldwell-Pope
    9. Alex Caruso
    10. Dwight Howard

You may be more obsessed with trolling the clippers than Giannis94 is trolling the Sixers and that’s saying a lot
    <a href=https://images.app.goo.gl/RaiMUpUeDMoeqDZt7 target=_blank>https://images.app.goo.gl/RaiMUpUeDMoeqDZt7</a>

8/24/2

Quote Originally Posted by Iggie View Post
    You may be more obsessed with trolling the clippers than Giannis94 is trolling the Sixers and that’s saying a lot
    I am not trolling. I’m just saying the clippers need to be held to a higher standard than the lakers. Their team is better, their superstar player is better, and their organization from top to bottom is better.

When you are the best organizations, you should be under the most scrutiny. But somehow, it’s always the Lakers and LeBron who are under scrutiny.

Best, deep, most stacked team Clippers deserve the most attention and respect and the most scrutiny.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast