Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Native Burial Sites Blown Up for Border Wall

Native burial sites blown up for US border wall

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-51449739

That sounds kinda shady. It really wasn't something they coulda went around somehow?
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

On top of everything else, we have done to the Native Americans, why not. Not covered in American news and had to dig it up in a BBC news.

US news focused on the National Monument. This pointed out the burial sites.

I’m betting on the Trumper response to be something like “big deal most of America is probably a burial site but yada yada something about white person neglect” or maybe a blunt approach like “sorry but illegal Mexicans are a more important issue than dead Indians. MAGA biyatch”

I remember when I found out that cemeteries re-use land, and the majority of the cemeteries ever in the US have been built over.

It's unfortunate, but people's history is lost every day.

Some years back, when they were excavating in Tampa for the Hockey Arena or the Convention Center, they came across some bones from several burials. The builders were concerned (almost terrified) that they were Indian remains which would, of course, meant some sacred mystical burial ground. A secondary concern was that they were the remains of dead slaves. What would they do with that?

Fortunately, it was determined that they were probably remains from soldiers from some old place called Fort Brooke (from before statehood). Since they were just plain old white soldiers, no one gave a spit and the construction quickly proceeded.

Sometimes things just work out.

It probably wasn't a confederate soldier burial site tho. If it was, we'd have the statue situation all over again..

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

Sounds like the start of a Stephen King novel

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

I'd read that ****

If King's story ends with something appearing in Trump's bedroom, I will read it.
    Last edited by WES445; 02-11-2020 at 10:45 PM.

Oh ****! The wall is going to be haunted by gggggg-ghosts!

Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    Some years back, when they were excavating in Tampa for the Hockey Arena or the Convention Center, they came across some bones from several burials. The builders were concerned (almost terrified) that they were Indian remains which would, of course, meant some sacred mystical burial ground. A secondary concern was that they were the remains of dead slaves. What would they do with that?

Fortunately, it was determined that they were probably remains from soldiers from some old place called Fort Brooke (from before statehood). Since they were just plain old white soldiers, no one gave a spit and the construction quickly proceeded.

Sometimes things just work out.
    I love it when a plan comes together.