Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by NBA all the way View Post
    We didn't even qualify bc we sent Robbie freaking Hummel with 3 other old washed failed NBA dudes.
    Looking at the talent level in that sport, guys liek Robbie freaking Hummel should be good. It's not like it's a massive talent sport. It's conditioning and physicality since there's alot of grabbing and hand checking. But get 10 guys who are good college players but failed pros and actually have them play legit Olympic level type settings to get used to the game and they should do fine.

I mean just go to the big 10 and get all their guys who have failed in the NBA or may not get drafted. Get some crap like Jimmer, Hummel and maybe like a Sam Dekker type and that team should do okay if they actually played that style of 3 x 3 officially.
    Last edited by crewfan13; 07-27-2021 at 09:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by PAOboston View Post
    Think there are three issues: roster construction, style of play, roster familiarity.

High end talent is not an issue but having some actual big men is. The two big lineup France out out there in the 3rd quarter swing the game. I like Bam as a 5 in the NBA but heís a 4 in FIBA basketball. He was getting abused by Porier and Gobert on the boards. Outside of McGee, USA has no other size. The lack of quality American big men is actually quite alarming. Also, having some more grinder type guys in the mold of Draymond (maybe like a Smart etc) could help too.

Style of play is also an issue. The rest of the world plays with FIBA rules all the time and as a result the style of play is much different. It is more of a half court game and much more physical (with less fouls). The USA was reduced to a jump shooting team today. They rarely attacked. Itís as almost they were surprised they didnít get calls when trying to get to hoop. NBA rules and all the Pave n Space stuff have made these guys soft I think. The game has changed so much over the last 20 years. The rest of the world is much better prepared at this point to play this style while the US basketball (NBA, AAU) keeps going in a different direction stylistically.

Third issue is roster familiarity. A lot of the other countries have played together a lot more than USA guys. Team USA is a mismosh of high end talent that has never played together. Some of the teams like Australia/France/Spain has had their teams playing together since the youth level. All the players know each other and how to play together. Basketball is at a point where team USA just canít out talent everyone anymore and think that might be more an indictment on basketball development and Team USA than it is the players.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yeah team US thought they could run that small ball bs they do in the NBA lol Ö not so much

Alright time for a W.

New starting 5.

Dame
    Holiday
    Booker
    KD
    Bam

I think I like these white uniforms better.

60 to 30 at half good guys

+54 win, I'll take it!

I've always wondered what would happen if Team USA actually tried to build the best team, and not the best collection of talent.

Dont get me wrong, I love Middleton. But when KD and Tatum are already on the roster, plus a bunch of other scorers, he's redundant. Not sure Keldom equals it out too much, but you don't need both Lavine and Booker, but that would have been even more pronounced if Beal didn't bow out.

You wonder if they'd be better off finding guys who are used to being role players. Like honestly, what's the harm of having a Duncan Robinson at the end of the bench. Elite shooter who's used to shooting without getting a ton of touches. And it's easier to hide guys on defense in international play, especially since teams don't just seek out the pick and roll to get a good math up and isolate.

Jrue is probably a perfect fit for that and a good addition to the tram. But when you already have scorers like Dame and KD, you'd think adding a few specific role guys to the team would make sense.

3x3 was fun finishing on a shot rather than a clock. Seeing the Latvia guy throw up a 2 pointer (they go by 1ís and 2ís) up 19-18 to win the gold was awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As far as 3x3 goes, I think this author makes some good points on how to improve it.

https://slate.com/culture/2021/07/3x...solutions.html

Quote Originally Posted by ciaban2.0 View Post
    As far as 3x3 goes, I think this author makes some good points on how to improve it.

https://slate.com/culture/2021/07/3x...solutions.html
    Hopefully it's a troll article because that's a list with the stupidest **** a mind could conceive.

Quote Originally Posted by crewfan13 View Post
    I've always wondered what would happen if Team USA actually tried to build the best team, and not the best collection of talent.

Dont get me wrong, I love Middleton. But when KD and Tatum are already on the roster, plus a bunch of other scorers, he's redundant. Not sure Keldom equals it out too much, but you don't need both Lavine and Booker, but that would have been even more pronounced if Beal didn't bow out.

You wonder if they'd be better off finding guys who are used to being role players. Like honestly, what's the harm of having a Duncan Robinson at the end of the bench. Elite shooter who's used to shooting without getting a ton of touches. And it's easier to hide guys on defense in international play, especially since teams don't just seek out the pick and roll to get a good math up and isolate.

Jrue is probably a perfect fit for that and a good addition to the tram. But when you already have scorers like Dame and KD, you'd think adding a few specific role guys to the team would make sense.
    I don't think it's the role player mindset, just bigs who can defend and shoot.

Imagine a healthy Davis at Center, Covington at PF, along with Durant, Jrue, and Lilliard. Teams would struggle scoring against that team, while also getting blown out on the other end.

Then you have Myles Turner at C and Bam off the bench and a more rugged defenders. This team is soft defensively.

That Spain versus Slovenia game should be good, they're both 2-0 in their group.

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    I seen that, like what a resounding comment of support lololol Love should really contemplate hanging it up. He's not been in shape since he inked that extension.

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast