Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    did ya read the post.. i said i know its AL/NL but its MLB so i just figured conferences would be better just for the argument i was making lol. Couldnt think of a better way to put it at the time is all
    Yeah, I read the post....unacceptable usage of the term conference.

"there's no scraps in my scrapbook"

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Yeah, I read the post....unacceptable usage of the term conference.
    i hate baseball purists lol

i hate baseball purists lol
    I'm OK with the 3-batter minimum rule. The late-inning L/L and R/R matchups have been overused in recent times. Too many commercial breaks.

Future Hall of Shamers:
    (1) B.A.L.C.O. Barroids (2) Mark McJuicer (3) Jose Chem-seco (4) Rafael Palmeiroids (5) Ken Chem-initi (6) Jason Gi-andro (7) Ryan Fraud (8) Muscle Melk (9) Woman-Ram (10) Shammy Sosa (11) Roger Clear-mens (12) A-Roid (13) Ryan HGHoward

Quote Originally Posted by dodgerdave View Post
    I'm OK with the 3-batter minimum rule. The late-inning L/L and R/R matchups have been overused in recent times. Too many commercial breaks.
    that is barely a change... how did you feel when they added a wildcard? or the DH talk? be honest now

that is barely a change... how did you feel when they added a wildcard? or the DH talk? be honest now
    I'm not taking the bait from you. You already know my stances on those issues.
    Last edited by dodgerdave; 02-14-2020 at 02:08 AM.

Future Hall of Shamers:
    (1) B.A.L.C.O. Barroids (2) Mark McJuicer (3) Jose Chem-seco (4) Rafael Palmeiroids (5) Ken Chem-initi (6) Jason Gi-andro (7) Ryan Fraud (8) Muscle Melk (9) Woman-Ram (10) Shammy Sosa (11) Roger Clear-mens (12) A-Roid (13) Ryan HGHoward

The 3 batter rule is stupid

Yup.

I'm not taking the bait from you. You already know my stances on those issues.
    Its not bait... its making my point for me... any type of change that is legit change you and your baseball purists omg STOP MESSING WITH THE SPORT people are the problem. Adapt or watch your sport die period.

Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    The 3 batter rule is stupid
    it is... but its a super minor change that really doesnt matter thus the purists for the most part are fine with it to a point and are alright with it to a point to stop actual change from happening....

YOU PEOPLE ARE THE PROBLEM... Stop thinking like its 1920... this sport cant further without change LIKE MOST SPORTS... sports need to evolve with time because of people... it sucks because people suck but it needs to happen and if the sport refuses to change because of the people whom are borderline moronic then the sport will suffer.

There going to be relievers that will have a harder time making teams, tho....guys who've rarely even SEEN 3 batters in most of their appearances. This will also result in some lineup changes as teams are less likely to set up the left right left sequences they have in the past.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Its not bait... its making my point for me... any type of change that is legit change you and your baseball purists omg STOP MESSING WITH THE SPORT people are the problem. Adapt or watch your sport die period.
    it is... but its a super minor change that really doesnt matter thus the purists for the most part are fine with it to a point and are alright with it to a point to stop actual change from happening....

YOU PEOPLE ARE THE PROBLEM... Stop thinking like its 1920... this sport cant further without change LIKE MOST SPORTS... sports need to evolve with time because of people... it sucks because people suck but it needs to happen and if the sport refuses to change because of the people whom are borderline moronic then the sport will suffer.
    I'm open to well thought out changes. You're acting as though MLB is going to go the way of the dodo bird if they don't consistently implement changes to appease people that don't really care about the sport to begin with. This is a billion dollar industry. Not to say it's infallible as currently constructed but I don't know why people make these sort of "the sport will die" statements. No major sports league has ever "died" in any of our lifetimes, and I don't expect that to change before any of our deaths.

I like(d) the changing of the divisions and addition of the wild card. I disliked making the All-Star game "count". I like(d) the addition of instant replay (even if could be vastly improved). I'm not a big proponent of the universal DH idea but won't be surprised if I end up preferring it to the current style of NL play.

*but yes, some of these people who are violently opposed to any sort of change to their precious game can be laughable; there's a middle ground here though between "let's change as much as we can to shorten games and appease people that are hardly even fans in the first place" and "don't you dare mess with my favorite game....get off my lawn"

28-man rosters in September is a bit extreme. I think something like 32 would be more ideal. Teams need to get some feel for up -and-coming players, especially if they are already eliminated from postseason contention or have already clinched. But yes, 40-man rosters were too much.
    How bout if as teams get mathematically eliminated, they can add "x" amount of player?

Go to 28 Sep 1st. As soon as a team is eliminated, they can add up to 4 more guys.

i mean its true... stop ****ing with the game will equate to baseball dying off like everything else that has not evolved... we all love our teams but how many of us watch multiple games daily from other teams? dont lie or bs... the sport needs to evolve... it cant just sit here and stay the same because old fat white guys want the sport to be what it was 90 years ago...

good **** baseball try everything even if it fails :claps:
    The biggest thing I hear is itís boring because games take too long. Itís the evolution thatís dragging these games on be it pitching changes, stepping out of the box, amount of television commercials, replay challenges, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by thawv View Post
    How bout if as teams get mathematically eliminated, they can add "x" amount of player?

Go to 28 Sep 1st. As soon as a team is eliminated, they can add up to 4 more guys.
    I mentioned that earlier. In each of the past two seasons, the Orioles did not use the entire 40 man roster. But when we were competing? That roster was filled out completely. The competing teams are using it now for pinch runners, defensive replacements and additional relievers. I'm fine cutting it to 30 and leaving it at that.

The picking the opponent part is awful. Terrible. Just so bad.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast