Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 68
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Flock of Sheep No.97 near BAAA BAA lane
    Posts
    10,600
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    No, it's really not. "White news" on the internet is the Stormfront "news" section.

    I have no problem with it really, I just think it's funny we have asian news, jewish news, muslim news, catholic news, mexican news, and black news, and all these things are fine. But "white news" in the title makes it racist.
    No, it isn't racist. White is the largest ethnic group in America and has been for the longest time. The news media focus on the largest audience. Of course, I wouldn't call it white news in mix companies because of the awkwardness of that statement. But minorities are highly aware that it is a white-centered in it's reporting because their issues aren't highlighted as much if at all. The problem comes when some whites criticize minorities for creating their own news or events that highlight their issues that mainstream news doesn't cover.


    Stormfront isn't white news but white craziness that a small minority subscribe to
    Last edited by WES445; 02-11-2020 at 03:57 PM.

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    31,865
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    No, it's really not. "White news" on the internet is the Stormfront "news" section.

    I have no problem with it really, I just think it's funny we have asian news, jewish news, muslim news, catholic news, mexican news, and black news, and all these things are fine. But "white news" in the title makes it racist.
    That's why they typically call it something else. I forget the comedian, but he was talking about people complaining about BET by saying "if there's a BET why isn't there a WET?" and he was like "there is, it's called NBC, CBS, ABC, Fox, etc.

    https://www.newsweek.com/fox-news-wh...ration-1067807

    The article is from 2018, but 94% of Fox News' audience is white. If people really feel like they need to see white news, they should just go watch Fox. If they really feel like they need to see a station called white news, Fox should just change their name.

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    31,175
    Quote Originally Posted by WES445 View Post
    No, it isn't racist. White is the largest ethnic group in America and has been for the longest time. The news media focus on the largest audience. Of course, I wouldn't call it white news in mix companies because of the awkwardness of that statement. But minorities are highly aware that it is a white-centered in it's reporting because their issues aren't highlighted as much if at all. The problem comes when some whites criticize minorities for creating their own news or events that highlight their issues that mainstream news doesn't cover.


    Stormfront isn't white news but white craziness that a small minority subscribe to
    So ... if an asian person walks around calling black people the n-word it's not racist because they are both minorities?

    My point was that having a race in the title and stated direction of a news channel has that feel to it. Just like if the next channel up the dial was titled "White News" people would equate it to racism. And "White news" would likely have a slant about non-whites as "the other" much as Black News is likely to as well. It's just an odd place to put your flag. BET has been around as long as I remember, but the "news" is a little different level of responsibility in my mind.

    I'm fully aware that caucasians are in the majority, but your "white news" is not limited to "white" at all. Dominated? Maybe. But not limited.

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    31,175
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    That's why they typically call it something else. I forget the comedian, but he was talking about people complaining about BET by saying "if there's a BET why isn't there a WET?" and he was like "there is, it's called NBC, CBS, ABC, Fox, etc.

    https://www.newsweek.com/fox-news-wh...ration-1067807

    The article is from 2018, but 94% of Fox News' audience is white. If people really feel like they need to see white news, they should just go watch Fox. If they really feel like they need to see a station called white news, Fox should just change their name.
    But they don't have an up front statement that they are excluding other races. That's what makes it odd.

  5. #20
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    right here
    Posts
    23,589
    Quote Originally Posted by flips333 View Post
    Multiple channels report the same facts in different ways, or leave out important details to appease their followers. It's the problem with the news.
    so I'm assuming you're against this new Black News Channel?

    what's wrong with having this channel which is specifically for black news, that is not intending to be on either political side. don't like it, don't watch it.
    Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    Either care about all of it like a decent human being or shut the **** up and stop selective outrage based on whether it serves your political purposes.

    a person is smart. people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals.
    #TrumpDerangementSyndrome
    the anti-Trump movement seems to be getting dumber

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    30,232
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    No, it's really not. "White news" on the internet is the Stormfront "news" section.

    I have no problem with it really, I just think it's funny we have asian news, jewish news, muslim news, catholic news, mexican news, and black news, and all these things are fine. But "white news" in the title makes it racist.
    I think theres 2 main reasons for this. 1 is because white is the majority demographic. 2 is because our country has a very racist history.
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

    "i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

    "God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

    "don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    30,232
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    So ... if an asian person walks around calling black people the n-word it's not racist because they are both minorities?

    My point was that having a race in the title and stated direction of a news channel has that feel to it. Just like if the next channel up the dial was titled "White News" people would equate it to racism. And "White news" would likely have a slant about non-whites as "the other" much as Black News is likely to as well. It's just an odd place to put your flag. BET has been around as long as I remember, but the "news" is a little different level of responsibility in my mind.

    I'm fully aware that caucasians are in the majority, but your "white news" is not limited to "white" at all. Dominated? Maybe. But not limited.
    No, think about it. Let's take the incarceration statistics regarding crack from the 80's. If we were to replace crack with any other substance and then transpose those statistics onto the white community, how long do you think that substance would continue holding that harsh of a sentence? If white suburb America was getting the same prison sentences as black inner city america, how long would that go on for? We both know those laws would change almost instantly. No way white suburb America would allow that for themselves. They have a voice. Their voice is inherently built into our economic and judicial system. Other voices have to go out of their way to be heard.

    A white majority country guarantees that white interests will never be ignored, they will always be prioritized. It's just the nature of how society works. No one will EVER seriously talk about banning whites or Christian's from america. But for muslims this was a legitimate reality. Societies inherently prioritize majority populations.

    To me white news sounds racist because something must be being implied. Because we know there is no need for specific platform for white voices to be heard. Maybe it is maybe it isnt, either way it doesnt sound good.
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

    "i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

    "God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

    "don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Flock of Sheep No.97 near BAAA BAA lane
    Posts
    10,600
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    So ... if an asian person walks around calling black people the n-word it's not racist because they are both minorities?
    This is totally out of left field to me
    My point was that having a race in the title and stated direction of a news channel has that feel to it. Just like if the next channel up the dial was titled "White News" people would equate it to racism. And "White news" would likely have a slant about non-whites as "the other" much as Black News is likely to as well. It's just an odd place to put your flag. BET has been around as long as I remember, but the "news" is a little different level of responsibility in my mind.

    I'm fully aware that caucasians are in the majority, but your "white news" is not limited to "white" at all. Dominated? Maybe. But not limited.
    Of course, you know that Caucasians are in the majority, but I don't think you understand the weight that carries in the mass media. You might remember when TV only had four or five channels to watch. One wouldn't call it white TV, but what was racial make-up of those shows? We are talking sixties and early seventies. They weren't anti-black or pro-white, they just didn't have minorities on a large majority of those shows. Blacks who watch those shows, including myself, didn't think these shows paint blacks as the "other" but that we weren't in the picture. We were absent in their view of America, just like the nightly news does sometimes with certain black issues. That didn't mean I didn't enjoy The Untouchable, The Wild, Wild West or a good John Wayne movie. It just means shows like Star Trek, Mission Impossible caught my interest more for having Blacks in them. My folks fall head over heels for the Nat King Cole show, because it showcases Black music, at the time, in a fullness that the white shows either ignored or tease us with. That is what the Black news channel is trying to catch. I think since I never seen it.
    Last edited by WES445; 02-11-2020 at 06:39 PM.

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    31,865
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    But they don't have an up front statement that they are excluding other races. That's what makes it odd.
    Did Black News say they were going to exclude white people? I don’t think they have said they’re going to exclude anybody.

    Heck, I remember one year where the BET awards had more white winners than the Oscars had winners of color.

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Corona, Ca
    Posts
    16,860
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    No, it's really not. "White news" on the internet is the Stormfront "news" section.

    I have no problem with it really, I just think it's funny we have asian news, jewish news, muslim news, catholic news, mexican news, and black news, and all these things are fine. But "white news" in the title makes it racist.
    We’ve literally had white news forever. Who do you think owns the traditional media outlets? If you control the information, you control the narrative. If all the media is owned by white people, who controls the narrative?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  11. #26
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    45,781
    Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    real news
    lulz

    "there's no scraps in my scrapbook"

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    31,175
    Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    I think theres 2 main reasons for this. 1 is because white is the majority demographic. 2 is because our country has a very racist history.
    1. Yes, and that is not at all my point.
    2. Just curious, what country doesn't?

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    31,175
    Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    No, think about it. Let's take the incarceration statistics regarding crack from the 80's. If we were to replace crack with any other substance and then transpose those statistics onto the white community, how long do you think that substance would continue holding that harsh of a sentence? If white suburb America was getting the same prison sentences as black inner city america, how long would that go on for? We both know those laws would change almost instantly. No way white suburb America would allow that for themselves. They have a voice. Their voice is inherently built into our economic and judicial system. Other voices have to go out of their way to be heard.

    A white majority country guarantees that white interests will never be ignored, they will always be prioritized. It's just the nature of how society works. No one will EVER seriously talk about banning whites or Christian's from america. But for muslims this was a legitimate reality. Societies inherently prioritize majority populations.

    To me white news sounds racist because something must be being implied. Because we know there is no need for specific platform for white voices to be heard. Maybe it is maybe it isnt, either way it doesnt sound good.
    Are you making an argument that racism exists? I know it does.

    The "regular" news being white dominated is NOT the same thing as labeling it "White News". MSNBC doesn't tell non-white people that their news is NOT for them.

    I find it odd that's all.

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    31,175
    Quote Originally Posted by WES445 View Post
    This is totally out of left field to me

    Of course, you know that Caucasians are in the majority, but I don't think you understand the weight that carries in the mass media. You might remember when TV only had four or five channels to watch. One wouldn't call it white TV, but what was racial make-up of those shows? We are talking sixties and early seventies. They weren't anti-black or pro-white, they just didn't have minorities on a large majority of those shows. Blacks who watch those shows, including myself, didn't think these shows paint blacks as the "other" but that we weren't in the picture. We were absent in their view of America, just like the nightly news does sometimes with certain black issues. That didn't mean I didn't enjoy The Untouchable, The Wild, Wild West or a good John Wayne movie. It just means shows like Star Trek, Mission Impossible caught my interest more for having Blacks in them. My folks fall head over heels for the Nat King Cole show, because it showcases Black music, at the time, in a fullness that the white shows either ignored or tease us with. That is what the Black news channel is trying to catch. I think since I never seen it.
    I get it, it's just that saying "this is news for black people" for one channel is not the same as MSNBC's message that is trying to be inclusive. One is exclusive (blacks only) in its intent, the other is not.

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    31,175
    Quote Originally Posted by KobeOwnSU View Post
    We’ve literally had white news forever. Who do you think owns the traditional media outlets? If you control the information, you control the narrative. If all the media is owned by white people, who controls the narrative?
    The money.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •