Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Embiid or Simmons...who you keep

If it comes down to it, if I'm Elton Brand and the Sixers management if it comes down to who I keep, Simmons or Embiid long term I keep Embiid easily and trade Ben Simmons

I keep Simmons and dump Embiid for any bit of value I can find. And I will argue this to the grave so I dare ANYONE to try to change my mind.
    The Baker has come. Believe the hype.

MTM is my puppet and I am his puppet master.

Quote Originally Posted by Giannis94 View Post
    lol yet some considered it trolling from you

I prefer embiid. I think it's easier to build around embiid, but his injury history scares the crap outta me. I think I'd start putting feelers out on both to see what the packages could be and figure it out from there though to be honest. Try to be as descrete as possible and call a few teams with guys you can trust that you might be interested in and see what the starting offers look like.

Embiid or Simmons...who you keep

Trade Embiid and keep Simmons and fill out roster to maximize Simmons. Heís a safer bet to actually make it healthy and productive at the age of 30. Embiid will not have the longevity in NBA.

All this being said, after the post Embiid put up, the 76ers are falling apart. This could be it for the process.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by PAOboston; 02-10-2020 at 10:00 PM.

I would keep Embiid and trade Simmons...Simmons can't shoot and yeah sure he can pass and he can slash and dash his way into the paint but that can only take y'all so far...Embiid does more

Keep both. if forced to get rid of one Keep Simmons. But seriously keep both.

[Nick Young on Embiid & Simmons] They always trying to break up a good team like the 76ers thatís how it starts ... the media turn the 2 stars against each other .....

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    [Nick Young on Embiid & Simmons] They always trying to break up a good team like the 76ers thatís how it starts ... the media turn the 2 stars against each other .....
    diva stars and enabling mgt blame the media

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

I'd build around Embiid. But who knows if he can stay healthy. As for Simmons, will he stay the same only shooting from 4 feet from the basket and mainly chase triple doubles? But now 76ers stuck with big money tied up to Horford and Harris at neutral value for trades if lucky. Probably fetch more trading Embiid. But he's the more win now piece. Also 76ers are better with Embiid playing then Simmons. Thunder and Pelicans have a ton of picks though. That be a nice bidding war.

Not sure if Embiid asks for a trade and has a list of teams or not. Unless 76ers flip him where ever for best offer. Hard to say. I know they had to sign Horford first before signing their own. But still a odd make up of a team though. Seems they ran out of gas after the Christmas championship game. Even Horford mentioned the locker room isn't right but wasn't gonna get into it leaking out whats happening. But you know Embiid has got to be sick shooting threes cause Simmons is a ***** scared to shoot from near the basket or draw contact cause he's scared to miss some free throws. Right now I doubt Simmons has high value like most here claim. I wouldn't want him.

So stating that i'd trade Simmons for a PG or picks and young players or something. But this draft isn't the greatest. Still the Horford signing could be a mistake as well. Be hard to trade off other then matching junk salary. Horford nice glue guy but high mileage. Horford was a beast with a week break versus Giannis last playoffs game 1. But game 2 Horford looked like he was 60 out there. He was 3 steps behind. 76ers should of kept Hinkie. Also coach Brown has got to go. Looks clueless. Also Elton Brand should be fired.

Should of rented Kawai for Simmons other year and enjoy the trophy. But you let the Raptors have it instead. Now the team is in turmoil and might need a breakup anyway now. Then more time to gel with new players. Then again maybe both Embiid and Simmons get traded. Trading Horford and Harris could be a challenge though. Value wise at least. Around the league they could be neutral or negative at this point.

I'd build around Simmons personally

I'd prefer Simmons. Either way, both players aren't ready yet to be the best player on a championship team.

Simmons needs a killer mentality closer/scorer next to him, someone like Damian Lillard.

Embiid needs an elite guard to pass him the rock.

Bret Brown

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

The media have been after the Sixers since they started with Hinkie.

This is just part of creating a new narrative that tanking doesn't always work like OKC.