Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    he is also demanding they donate the money they got from a world series win to charity... what a pos. What you are saying is that the dude that got hot coffee burned himself and knew the risks right? did every team know the risks of what the astros were doing? if you are gonna make a point at least think it through.
    Bingo

Quote Originally Posted by Zmaster52 View Post
    Canít wait for someone to sue Mike Fiers for ruining their career bc he used pine tar or because heís a head hunter...too bad Fiers is a ďheroĒ and cheating is only bad when the Astros do it.

Can somebody file a lawsuit against Bonds and Selig for the steroids? What about Phil Niekro for using a nail filer?

This lawsuit is a ****ing joke. Bolsinger - like Fiers, is just another nobody who wants their 15 minutes of fame.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Never mind. It's not worth it at this point. Suffice it to say you and I are just not going to see eye to eye on this, and there's no reason for this to become any more heated than it needs to. @R. Johnson#3
    Last edited by mightybosstone; 02-11-2020 at 02:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    what was his era/whip for the 3rd of an inning 4 runs and 7 base runners? i will wait... if you are gonna bring up stats then lets use those stats.. tell me what that 3rd of an inning era and whip was compared to his career.
    Not sure the point you want to make, but if you remove that game against Bolsinger, his career stats go from
    8-19 with a 4.92 ERA through 230.2 IP
    changes to
    8-19 with a 4.77 ERA through 230.1 IP

He sucked before, he sucked after, he would have sucked if it never happened.

Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    Never mind. It's not worth it at this point. Suffice it to say you and I are just not going to see eye to eye on this, and there's no reason for this to become any more heated than it needs to. @R. Johnson#3
    Donít worry dude, no heat on my end at all. I think the lawsuit is silly tbh. Iím just having fun watching you be in denial about the suspicion of buzzers being used.

Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    Donít worry dude, no heat on my end at all. I think the lawsuit is silly tbh. Iím just having fun watching you be in denial about the suspicion of buzzers being used.
    Well, I'm glad you're having fun. And if any hard evidence ever comes up proving that the Astros used buzzers in 2019, I'll gladly jump into this forum to eat some crow and tell everyone else they were right. Until then, I'm happy to be "in denial." As a journalist, my brain tends to point to needing proof before I'm willing to believe something. I tell my writers all the time to back up statements from sources with facts and data. I treat everything that way. (It's probably why I'm not especially religious.)

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    We live in a litigious society. Any reason to sue and try to make an easy buck. This is among the dumber potential lawsuits i've seen but then again someone got millions of dollars from McDonalds for not being warned that hot coffee was "hot".
    Quote Originally Posted by Midnightbottle View Post
    Guy was garbage he's doing this to make easy money. He's no different then the dude who did this cause his coffee was to hot. Maybe he'll slip on pee pee at Costco after this.
    You should both look up the actual facts about this case along with the images of the third degree burns the woman received on her thighs and genitals before bringing it up as "hurr durr who doesn't know coffee is hot" in the future.

Well, I'm glad you're having fun. And if any hard evidence ever comes up proving that the Astros used buzzers in 2019, I'll gladly jump into this forum to eat some crow and tell everyone else they were right. Until then, I'm happy to be "in denial." As a journalist, my brain tends to point to needing proof before I'm willing to believe something. I tell my writers all the time to back up statements from sources with facts and data. I treat everything that way. (It's probably why I'm not especially religious.)
    I don't believe you.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Facts can be hypothetical.

I don't believe you.
    Now who's in denial?

Now who's in denial?
    Clearly me and I have pages among pages of reasons why I should be in the punishment thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Facts can be hypothetical.

to me the reason the lawsuit isn't silly is the further it can go forward, the more details may come to light on what actually did or didn't happen......I mean I understand his thought process, just don't know the courts could see anything as proof of loss of income
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    to me the reason the lawsuit isn't silly is the further it can go forward, the more details may come to light on what actually did or didn't happen......I mean I understand his thought process, just don't know the courts could see anything as proof of loss of income
    I think we're already starting to see some details trickle out, though, like the Codebreaker piece from the WSJ and The Athletic piece from Rosenthal and Drellich that just came out today on Beltran's impact. I'm not sure there's a whole lot more for us to know unless this leads to a larger investigation on all of baseball or an investigation on any cheating after the 2017 season.

And I don't think for a second that this is the real reason this guy is filing a lawsuit. For those quick to point out that he's asking $31 million to go to charities, the lawsuit also claims he's seeking damages for himself. It's a cash grab and a chance to grab the spotlight.

Jesus. I didn't realize your baseball takes were even worse than your basketball takes. You should stick to the NBA forum.

Bottom line, this suit strikes me as a bit pathetic. Should every pitcher that got mashed during the steroids era have sued MLB? Are the Red Sox also going to get sued for their sign stealing strategies in 2018? And how in the hell do you even prove that (A) He necessarily got hit around in that game because of the sign stealing, and (B) That single game was the primary factor in him getting sent down?

The dude was not a good major league pitcher. Period. He had one competent season as a reliever, and he should be thankful for that. But when you've got a career 4.92 ERA, a career 1.51 WHIP and a negative WAR, I'm not going to feel sorry for you. Also, the dude is only 32. Instead of working on a lawsuit against the Astros, how about getting on the mound and working on your game? If your stuff was any good and you were worthy of making a major league roster, you'd still have a chance to be one. One game did not end your career...
    All that may be very well true, and yet 12 trash can bangs in 29 pitches still probably prematurely ended his chance as a big leaguer.

You guys forget that for some of these fringe guys all they have is hope to stick around as long as they can and love of the game. He has a right to be pissed and if the Jays are willing to testify that his performance that day was the reason they sent him down then hes got a real case.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

How do you even prove that (A) He necessarily got hit around in that game because of the sign stealing, and (B) That single game was the primary factor in him getting sent down?
    https://amp.usatoday.com/amp/4712164002

1. "An astros fan who wrote a web application to document every instance of trash-can banging found that the most bangs took place in that Aug. 4, 2017, game. And the most bangs in the game came when Bolsinger was on the mound. According to the lawsuit, there were bangs on 12 of his 29 pitches."

2. "He hoped to pitch well enough in the second half of the season to carve out a regular roster spot for himself as a reliever.

By the time that nightmare of a night was over, Bolsinger had been demoted. He has not pitched in the majors since."

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffy25 View Post
    Not sure the point you want to make, but if you remove that game against Bolsinger, his career stats go from
    8-19 with a 4.92 ERA through 230.2 IP
    changes to
    8-19 with a 4.77 ERA through 230.1 IP

He sucked before, he sucked after, he would have sucked if it never happened.
    I think his position will be that whether he was good or not they influenced the course of his career with their cheating and if a putrid performance that day was cause for demotion than hes right.

Perhaps he still gets sent down later in the season. Perhaps he makes it to the end of the year on the roster and gets no contract offers in the following offseason. All that should matter to a judge is whether the Jays decision to send him down that day had anything to do with the battering he received and he should win.

The fact that he wasn't good is irrelevant. It's about having control (reasonable control) over his baseball destiny.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast