Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankees90. View Post
    What incentive would the decision maker have to do that? There is no doubt that game didn't help, but he was also flat out booty as a pitcher. As I said, I'd be ecstatic as I don't believe the Astros got anywhere remotely close to the punishment they deserved, I just don't see it.
    1. If its true they could be compelled by the courts to tell it.

2. Good people generally don't like to see someone get ****ed and are willing to assist.

Bolsinger said the team had decided to convert him to a reliever and he was hoping to carve out a spot on the team over the remainder of the season.

Now, we all understand that failed starters are frequently made relievers and that a good amount of the time a decent career as a reliever can be salvaged, correct?

Because a quick check on baseball reference confirms he had in fact been a starter his entire major league career until his final 6 appearances with the Blue Jay's when he came out of the pen. And those 6 appearances came after an extended absence from the team which definitely makes it appear that the jays brought him back up to give him another shot as a reliever.

One thing I haven't seen pointed out is that he got roughed up by the astros not just the once in the 6 relief appearances but twice! So is it crazy to think that his getting batted around the park in 2 of those 6 games by the Houston Assjoles might have played a big part in the Jays ending that audition?

Because if I'm the GM I'm happy to state that in court if its true. Why wouldn't they?

Edit: I should point out, the fact that the team designated him for assignment immediately following the game seems like a great point in his favor.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Jamiecballer; 02-13-2020 at 01:23 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

Quote Originally Posted by Jamiecballer View Post
    1. If its true they could be compelled by the courts to tell it.

2. Good people generally don't like to see someone get ****ed and are willing to assist.

Bolsinger said the team had decided to convert him to a reliever and he was hoping to carve out a spot on the team over the remainder of the season.

Now, we all understand that failed starters are frequently made relievers and that a good amount of the time a decent career as a reliever can be salvaged, correct?

Because a quick check on baseball reference confirms he had in fact been a starter his entire major league career until his final 6 appearances with the Blue Jay's when he came out of the pen. And those 6 appearances came after an extended absence from the team which definitely makes it appear that the jays brought him back up to give him another shot as a reliever.

One thing I haven't seen pointed out is that he got roughed up by the astros not just the once in the 6 relief appearances but twice! So is it crazy to think that his getting batted around the park in 2 of those 6 games by the Houston Assjoles might have played a big part in the Jays ending that audition?

Because if I'm the GM I'm happy to state that in court if its true. Why wouldn't they?

Edit: I should point out, the fact that the team designated him for assignment immediately following the game seems like a great point in his favor.

I mean there are certainly arguments there that can be made, and as much as I'd like to see it, I just don't see someone taking the initiative and stepping in. It just seems like one of those things that the courts would throw out. Certainly would open a whole new can of worms though.
    FC Bayern Munchen

New York Yankees

Quote Originally Posted by Yankees90. View Post
    I mean there are certainly arguments there that can be made, and as much as I'd like to see it, I just don't see someone taking the initiative and stepping in. It just seems like one of those things that the courts would throw out. Certainly would open a whole new can of worms though.
    Also, if you're Major League Baseball, you're going to do everything in your power for this thing not to go to court.

Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    Also, if you're Major League Baseball, you're going to do everything in your power for this thing not to go to court.
    Probably. Bolsinger will probably own an island in the South Pacific and never be heard or seen again.

Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

I have a hunch that the lawsuit will be tossed without going to trial. He won't get a huge payday.

Quote Originally Posted by catman View Post
    I have a hunch that the lawsuit will be tossed without going to trial. He won't get a huge payday.
    I'm not so sure. Stranger suits have gone to trial.

Jays GM has already said on record that he was frustrated as everybody else over the scandal and would have made some decisions differently.

The Astros have already admitted guilt. This unfairly affected Bolsinger's livelihood and career. I think he has a case

Quote Originally Posted by Midnightbottle View Post
    Guy was garbage he's doing this to make easy money. He's no different then the dude who did this cause his coffee was to hot. Maybe he'll slip on pee pee at Costco after this.

Sent from my KFDOWI using Tapatalk
    Do you know the story about the hot coffee from McDonald’s? It literally almost killed that lady.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by cubbiefan_est88 View Post
    Do you know the story about the hot coffee from McDonald’s? It literally almost killed that lady.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    She's not the only one.

https://youtu.be/TysjNDTWEBc
    https://youtu.be/wMHsojpGV5o

"there's no scraps in my scrapbook"

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345