Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
Results 166 to 180 of 255
  1. #166
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    67,346
    Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post
    actually what he is saying is waive me but I'm keeping every single dime of my contract. After I read that I'm actually not a fan.........unless no team has any interest at all picking him up for peanuts to close out the season, what 28 games what could that cost a team? 1 million ?

    At some point we need roster spots or at least a spot for Wooten so something has to give
    I guess he wants to stay and honor the rest of his contract this season. But unless he finishes really strong, heís not seeing that $15M next season.

  2. #167
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    67,346

    Game Thread#54: Knicks @ Hawks 5 alive!

    Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    His strength is definitely elite. Very elite. I donít think his finishing is. He doesnít have the lift or body control to be a great finisher imo. The strength is still a great value bc he can get in the paint, draw fouls, collapse the defense, etc. if he develops a better touch heíll be able to get to his spot easy too. Remember how many elbow jumpers Paul Pierce used to hit?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    There were definitely times this season where RJ has had real impressive finishes. He just needs to keep working on his footwork and technique.

    Thatís a good point about using his strength at the 2. But I donít think heís quick enough to guard explosive 2s and we would need a sniper at the 3.

    I guess Morris was that guy, but he should have been a 4. Randle and RJ canít co-exist together IMO.

  3. #168
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    9,063
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    Yeah thatís true.

    Well 32.7% from 3 on 3.4 attempts a game isnít horrible. Thatís the same as Doncic, but without the volume and outrageous range obviously.

    He should focus on being a beast from inside the arc and making his FTs before shooting too many 3s.
    Thatís the only negative on Luka though. Pretty much everything else he does is at very high levels. Thatís why you donít hear about it

  4. #169
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    23,289
    Great loss

  5. #170
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    67,346

    Game Thread#54: Knicks @ Hawks 5 alive!

    Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    Thatís the only negative on Luka though. Pretty much everything else he does is at very high levels. Thatís why you donít hear about it
    Doncic was very polished for his age due to his professional experience overseas. Hoping RJ can be at rookie Doncic levels (minus assists) in a few years

  6. #171
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    46,951

    Game Thread#54: Knicks @ Hawks 5 alive!

    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    Doncic was very polished for his age due to his professional experience overseas. Hoping RJ can be at rookie Doncic levels (minus assists) in a few years
    I think itís actually due to him being very good at basketball.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

  7. #172
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    7,869
    Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Itíd be nice if we had a guy at any spot that had an all around game and could shoot. Itís sad we donít


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Trae Young doesn't have an all around game at all and takes some of the worst shots I've ever seen. He plays absolutely no defense either but he is such a dynamic scorer both getting to the rim and shooting and passing that he is worth having.

  8. #173
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    LI-NY
    Posts
    34,140
    I think RJ has a chance to be a very good to elite 2-way all around guy. Sorta like Jimmy Butler. Sorta like Pascal Siakam. A guy who just gets the job done but doesn't flash any truly elite skills at you.

  9. #174
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    46,951
    Quote Originally Posted by Knicks Boogie View Post
    Trae Young doesn't have an all around game at all and takes some of the worst shots I've ever seen. He plays absolutely no defense either but he is such a dynamic scorer both getting to the rim and shooting and passing that he is worth having.
    You are right I should have said offenswly. He has an all around offensive game. Scores from all 3 levels, handles the ball, sets other guys up, spreads the floor, is in the right spots, gets out on the break. Trier is the closest thing we have to a guy with an all around NBA skill set on offense and we donít play him


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

  10. #175
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    1,037
    Ah, the controversial Trae Young vs Luka Doncic debate!

    I think both players are really good. I just think Luka Doncic is easier to build around. He works both as a facilitator and a scorer but most importantly he can elevate every one's game around him...even when he doesn't have the ball. Trae Young is a high volume scorer. He reminds me a lot of the point guards in the 90s. A combo guard but one that thinks score FIRST...pass when he gets into trouble.

    A team can win with either man but I dunno if it's THAT easy to get a #2 star to play alongside Trae without asking someone to give up their shots, touches, etc. Luka looks a lot more versatile in adjusting his game to the guys around him.

    And now...let's talk about that AMAZING Knick loss.

    The positives:
    1. Mitchell Robinson played 35 min w/o fouling out. 15 pts, 11 rebounds, 3 steals, and 3 blocks. Time to start this young man and let him loose. This season is forfeit. Let the kids play and develop.

    2. Frank Ntilikina had a solid defensive effort. Pretty much the vets had no interest in playing defense, thus the kids were left to do their b#%ch work.

    The negatives:
    1. Defense? The starters were more interested in exchanging shots than closing out this game. What a mental far in the last 2 minutes of OT.

    2. RJ Barrett: Still doesn't look healthy. They should start Knox and have Barrett come off the bench. Knox needs to re-discover his stroke. Barrett could use less pressure to slowly get back into form.

    I'll be shocked by the time the 2020-1 NBA season begins if anyone is left on this team. I can see Leon Rose going so far as offering Mitchell Robinson and a first rounder if that's what it takes to get top talent. With every loss, I see Dolan and Rose tightening their stance and more convinced it's time to go the superstar route.

  11. #176
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    33,738
    Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post
    I'd still want Payton back as backup PG, but we need to get lucky and some how get a Trae, shame RJ couldn't sniff Donic's jock, would love to be able to give our number 3 pick the ball like Dallas did his rookie season.

    Hunter looked better didn't he........not saying wrong pick but Hunter did look better.

    Well can't wait for the lottery ball nite, basically all we ever have to look forward to.....
    $8m for a backup is too much and Payton signed here because we're probably the only team in the NBA that would start him. not sure there is a worse starting PG in the league? He has his good games but overall he's incredibly inefficient, last 2 games he's back to 25 shots for 22 points and that's the norm with him. not sure he'd want to be here as a 20mpg backup anyway. Frank can at least play backup but he should see minutes at the wing too. DSJR is also under contract might as well give him another shot.

    I've said it since FAgency ended, at this point we just gotta draft a PG, there are 5 good PG options in the draft. chances are 1 or 2 will be studs, hopefully we get that guy.

    I will say you can see what a difference having two snipers on the court like Bullock & Ellington makes and just having a natual SF out there makes us so much faster on both ends. This team really isn't missing MOrris and it's not because MOrris isn't good but he was a bad fit at SF and him & randle together is just too much selfishness. Ellington is just too one dimensional. We should focus our FAgency on signing a lethal shooter that can play 30mpg and not be a liability.

    I rather bring back Bullock then spend $8m on a backup PG. Bullock can flat out shoot.

  12. #177
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    LI-NY
    Posts
    34,140
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    $8m for a backup is too much and Payton signed here because we're probably the only team in the NBA that would start him. not sure there is a worse starting PG in the league? He has his good games but overall he's incredibly inefficient, last 2 games he's back to 25 shots for 22 points and that's the norm with him. not sure he'd want to be here as a 20mpg backup anyway. Frank can at least play backup but he should see minutes at the wing too. DSJR is also under contract might as well give him another shot.

    I've said it since FAgency ended, at this point we just gotta draft a PG, there are 5 good PG options in the draft. chances are 1 or 2 will be studs, hopefully we get that guy.

    I will say you can see what a difference having two snipers on the court like Bullock & Ellington makes and just having a natual SF out there makes us so much faster on both ends. This team really isn't missing MOrris and it's not because MOrris isn't good but he was a bad fit at SF and him & randle together is just too much selfishness. Ellington is just too one dimensional. We should focus our FAgency on signing a lethal shooter that can play 30mpg and not be a liability.

    I rather bring back Bullock then spend $8m on a backup PG. Bullock can flat out shoot.
    Backup PG is a pretty damn important position in today's NBA. 8M is not breaking the bank for stability at that position. You have good teams paying big money to backup PGs. And if you look at the PG spot as a whole, lots of teams are spending 20-30M to solidify the position, so if we are running a rookie out there we can afford 8M on a backup.

    Ideally we draft a dynamic PG who is going to have some growing pains and might be turnover prone etc. I think a guy like Payton is a very good option to pair with a young dynamic lottery type PG. Definitely a better option than Frank or DSJ from a purely point guard perspective.

    Also, I think sometimes you just like to point out the negatives in certain players. Yes Payton can't score efficiently but he does a lot of things well and simply knows how to run a team. He's a floor general in every sense of the word and he plays defense. If he was a good efficient scorer he'd be much more than an 8M player.

  13. #178
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    LI-NY
    Posts
    34,140
    If the Knicks plan on tanking away again next year I could see your point in just letting Frank or DSJ do the job. But if the Knicks are actually trying to compete next year they should bring Payton back as a backup PG, trade DSJ and let Frank find his role as an off guard or trade him as well. He is simply far better than those guys at playing point guard.

  14. #179
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    33,738
    Quote Originally Posted by D-Leethal View Post
    Backup PG is a pretty damn important position in today's NBA. 8M is not breaking the bank for stability at that position. You have good teams paying big money to backup PGs. And if you look at the PG spot as a whole, lots of teams are spending 20-30M to solidify the position, so if we are running a rookie out there we can afford 8M on a backup.

    Ideally we draft a dynamic PG who is going to have some growing pains and might be turnover prone etc. I think a guy like Payton is a very good option to pair with a young dynamic lottery type PG. Definitely a better option than Frank or DSJ from a purely point guard perspective.

    Also, I think sometimes you just like to point out the negatives in certain players. Yes Payton can't score efficiently but he does a lot of things well and simply knows how to run a team. He's a floor general in every sense of the word and he plays defense. If he was a good efficient scorer he'd be much more than an 8M player.
    we're nowhere near good though.

    I think resigning Taj & Bullock makes more sense. Mitch is a 25mpg player if that, we need quality minutes at backup C. and Taj is just a very solid, smart team player.

    Bullock gives us much needed shooting & spacing.

    I think we need those guys more then we need to have 4 PG's.

    i might get accused of being negative here a lot but this is a league where PG's can shoot, and if we want to actually start playing Mitch & RJ together, and if we're going to be forced having Randle for another year, signing a PG that cant shoot when we have 2 PG's that cant shoot already just doesn't make sense. sometimes i feel like we get good players but just have no idea how to build a roster that FITS.

    go get a Quinn Cook for cheap instead. we should focus on signing a young SF because KNox is not it and wont be anytime soon.
    Last edited by nycericanguy; 02-10-2020 at 10:05 AM.

  15. #180
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    33,738
    Quote Originally Posted by D-Leethal View Post
    If the Knicks plan on tanking away again next year I could see your point in just letting Frank or DSJ do the job. But if the Knicks are actually trying to compete next year they should bring Payton back as a backup PG, trade DSJ and let Frank find his role as an off guard or trade him as well. He is simply far better than those guys at playing point guard.
    IDK about tanking but we wont be good unless we get lucky in FAgency, draft, and RJ/Mitch make a huge leap.

Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •