Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Amazon to buy the WWE?

Well not really more like teaming up with the WWE. Now I personally canít see this happing Vince has spent too much time and money to build the WWE to what it is today plus there is no way Linda, Steph, Shane or Triple H let it happen. Hereís the link.
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cnb...-predicts.html
    Last edited by BSF101; 02-09-2020 at 10:36 PM.

silly amazon, Disney is going to buy wwe

Too many what Ifs

I read rumors about this a week ago, but they were different. WWE may be looking at nixing or heavily modifying the network in exchange for licensing rights going to companies like Amazon, Disney and Netflix for their streaming service. Vince was rumored as saying those companies want the content in the worst way.

Yeah, basically they are talking about farming out their ppvs to another streaming service that will pay wwe for it, and that company will charge the customers for the streaming service to get the ppvs. That's a big no thanks for me. I will not pay extra to get the ppvs and I will cancel my network subscription as well. Now if WWE does the idea where they original thought of by having different tiers and charging a few dollars more a month for everything, then I would be fine with that.

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasTomasz View Post
    I read rumors about this a week ago, but they were different. WWE may be looking at nixing or heavily modifying the network in exchange for licensing rights going to companies like Amazon, Disney and Netflix for their streaming service. Vince was rumored as saying those companies want the content in the worst way.
    Yeah I was reading that too. That WWE would look to sell the rights to all of their "PPV" specials with the exception of WrestleMania which would air free on Fox. I don't see how that's a good business strategy though, unless Vince is looking for an immediate influx of cash or he's worried about the long term health of the WWE network. Subscriptions are down and they don't expect much growth from now till WrestleMania which is typically their biggest rise in new members.

Good luck trying to sell the network with no NXT and no PPV specials. I love the archived footage but no one gives a **** about WWE reality shows.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Yeah I was reading that too. That WWE would look to sell the rights to all of their "PPV" specials with the exception of WrestleMania which would air free on Fox. I don't see how that's a good business strategy though, unless Vince is looking for an immediate influx of cash or he's worried about the long term health of the WWE network. Subscriptions are down and they don't expect much growth from now till WrestleMania which is typically their biggest rise in new members.

Good luck trying to sell the network with no NXT and no PPV specials. I love the archived footage but no one gives a **** about WWE reality shows.
    Yeah, I think the Network has peaked. Diehard fans know and care about it, that's it. Expanding PPVs (live and archived) to streaming services makes a lot more sense as an alternative to the Network. Vince desperately wants to get back to the viewership and eyes on the product they had during the Attitude Era, and thinks that more companies carrying his product, the better. This is probably why Vince fired Barrios and Wilson too.

I'm with everyone here hope this doesn't happen I recently decided to rejoin the WWE network two weeks ago.

Vince to Gronk

Quote Originally Posted by Dmac View Post
    Yeah, basically they are talking about farming out their ppvs to another streaming service that will pay wwe for it, and that company will charge the customers for the streaming service to get the ppvs. That's a big no thanks for me. I will not pay extra to get the ppvs and I will cancel my network subscription as well. Now if WWE does the idea where they original thought of by having different tiers and charging a few dollars more a month for everything, then I would be fine with that.
    If I read this correctly if Amazon were to get the ppv rights they would charge extra for them?

Vince to Gronk

If I get the PPVs through Amazon Prime video, then that's fine. But to echo (haha) everything that has been said, I won't keep the Network if they don't have the PPV on it. It makes ZERO sense to do so.
    Prior to 11/1/19: if you were on my ignore list, I was sticking to ignoring you thanks to great advise.
    From 11/1/19 on: I will no longer be responding to comments back to people on my ignore list.
    _____

Think long and hard about why you respond to nonsense. Please!

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    If I get the PPVs through Amazon Prime video, then that's fine. But to echo (haha) everything that has been said, I won't keep the Network if they don't have the PPV on it. It makes ZERO sense to do so.
    You were waiting to break that one out, weren't you?

I don't understand the thinking. Yeah they'll make a fortune today but long term they would be killing the network. Well that's because WWE has an eroding audience domestically and in some places internationally. Yes they have tv deals with more and more countries by the day but their key demos are 50 and older. They're not attracting new audiences, hence the decline in network subscribers.

10% in subscriptions is a big drop domestically. Said it last year the WWE has some trouble ahead of them.
    Last edited by metswon69; 02-10-2020 at 02:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    You were waiting to break that one out, weren't you?

I don't understand the thinking. Yeah they'll make a fortune today but long term they would be killing the network. Well that's because WWE has an eroding audience domestically and in some places internationally. Yes they have tv deals with more and more countries by the day but their key demos are 50 and older. They're not attracting new audiences, hence the decline in network subscribers.

10% in subscriptions is a big drop domestically. Said it last year the WWE has some trouble ahead of them.
    Yeah, it's fools gold. I don't watch much on the network other than the ppvs. Not that I don't like some things they have on there, I just don't get around to watching it much and the ppvs justifies me keeping it. I don't really get it either if Amazon is the one that pays the rights to air them. Would they be included on Prime? If so, that wouldn't really be worth it for Amazon. So many people have it already, and I don't see enough new subscribers coming in to justify paying WWE for the rights to where Amazon would make a profit on it, so I would think they would have to add another tier for people to pay to be able to view them.

Like I said, I definitely wouldn't and wouldn't keep the network, and it sounds like I'm not alone. Their best bet would be to offer different pricing on the network like they talked about before. I think one idea was charging 5 dollars more a month and they would offer what they do know, plus you would get to vote for the HOF and their was a few other things included, but I don't remember what it was. I would probably do that, but I'm not paying for the network and something else to watch ppvs.

Yeah, it's fools gold. I don't watch much on the network other than the ppvs. Not that I don't like some things they have on there, I just don't get around to watching it much and the ppvs justifies me keeping it. I don't really get it either if Amazon is the one that pays the rights to air them. Would they be included on Prime? If so, that wouldn't really be worth it for Amazon. So many people have it already, and I don't see enough new subscribers coming in to justify paying WWE for the rights to where Amazon would make a profit on it, so I would think they would have to add another tier for people to pay to be able to view them.

Like I said, I definitely wouldn't and wouldn't keep the network, and it sounds like I'm not alone. Their best bet would be to offer different pricing on the network like they talked about before. I think one idea was charging 5 dollars more a month and they would offer what they do know, plus you would get to vote for the HOF and their was a few other things included, but I don't remember what it was. I would probably do that, but I'm not paying for the network and something else to watch ppvs.
    That would make it more a joke than it already is
    The First Man To Ever Win The World Title - The Prestige Title - The Chaos Championship in PWW History. I am The Face That Runs The Place Mario Freaking Bellz

The problem they have is the same problem Netflix has. They want to make more money, but everyone that has their services already has them and they aren't going to get new subscribers. So, Vince (and Netflix) have to gauge the existing customers to make more money. WWE screwed themselves by putting all the ppvs on right off the bat. There is nothing they can offer that is going to entice new subscribers and if they pull the ppvs to sell to another service, they will lose a big chunk of their current subscribers.

I think Vince is a fool if he does this. Lets say they lose 200,000 subscribers if they farm out the ppvs. That is 2 million a month of lost revenue. So, he would have to get more than that from Amazon (or whoever) for the monthly ppv, since he going to want to make more than what he would have originally. So, lets say Amazon pays 3 million a month to air them. Amazon would have to get 300,000 people to pay $10 a month just for them to break even. All of this seems pretty unlikely to me.

The problem they have is the same problem Netflix has. They want to make more money, but everyone that has their services already has them and they aren't going to get new subscribers. So, Vince (and Netflix) have to gauge the existing customers to make more money. WWE screwed themselves by putting all the ppvs on right off the bat. There is nothing they can offer that is going to entice new subscribers and if they pull the ppvs to sell to another service, they will lose a big chunk of their current subscribers.

I think Vince is a fool if he does this. Lets say they lose 200,000 subscribers if they farm out the ppvs. That is 2 million a month of lost revenue. So, he would have to get more than that from Amazon (or whoever) for the monthly ppv, since he going to want to make more than what he would have originally. So, lets say Amazon pays 3 million a month to air them. Amazon would have to get 300,000 people to pay $10 a month just for them to break even. All of this seems pretty unlikely to me.
    he will lose a lot more then 200k viewers lol... only reason people have the newwork is for the pay per views. I would drop my sub so fast lol

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    he will lose a lot more then 200k viewers lol... only reason people have the newwork is for the pay per views. I would drop my sub so fast lol
    Canít say Iíd blame you no way Iím dropping an extra $$$ and then more $$$ for the PPVs

Vince to Gronk

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast