Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast
Results 121 to 135 of 161
  1. #121
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    8,392
    Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post
    I mean honestly tell me you don't watch the games and when RJ has a great look tell me you feel it's going in? They are bricks for the most part, I mean he had 3 or more wide open looks, like practice and barely hit the rim, one was so far off it just nicked the front rim from the corner.

    Knox lost complete confidence and how has air balls himself, and Frank is Frank, he had a pull up 12 foot shot that as soon as he released it any one watching knew it wasn't going in, badly hit the back rim.

    The Point?

    You can't have Mitch, RJ, Payton, Randle in today's NBA, and then some fans want to start Frank who can't shoot yet can't get to the foul line either.

    This roster is a disaster and needs an overhaul........we have 60m in cap, a lottery pick and somehow need to trade Randle.......he has talent but he is not for us and I'm not sure who he could play for or with to be honest.

    I was wrong about him, and unless he gets a coach that will sit his as-s down when he gets into those spinning disasters he will continue to be who he is, nice numbers with no results.

    You know when it's bad? when fans have hopes on guys like Wooten, Iggy, etc........maybe one emerges but when you read posts about Iggy may just be our best SF, and Wooten could be this and that and bring up the g-league point guard..........yea this roster needs a tune up.

    BTW, I truly feel Morris will be back, I don't want to see two dominant forwards starting again and with Mitch not opening the court as well. Something has to give.
    I donít feel good about any of them, really. Was never high on RJ, and Iím still not. Thought Knox might have something, but honestly, heís so deficient in areas, I donít know if he can ever be counted on. Randle is at best, a quick hit offensive player off the bench on a good team that has a strong enough second unit to cover his flaws.

    Thereís zero 100% locks to be core pieces moving forward. Not saying RJ or Mitch canít be one day, or that they are bums or anything, but I wouldnít hesitate to deal them in the right situation

  2. #122
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    144
    RJ and Mitch are complimentary pieces. Maybe. No chance they are core pieces. The rest of the roster is trash. : /

  3. #123
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    7,729
    For those who don't like Frank I will say this. Go back and look at Marcus Smart's career thus far. Kid was drafted #6 as the PG of the future for the Celtics and only averages 8-9 points per game his first 3 years. Then at the end of his 3rd season they finally moved his to combo guard playing off the ball and his role was to be the disruptive defender off the bench or starting SG guarding the best player.

    Now in his 6th season at 25 years old, Marcus Smart is as valuable as any player on the Celtics right now!

    Don't quit on Frank! He isn't my favorite player but I like him a lot. I really think the Knicks hire a Coach that will stick like Mark Jackson or Van Gundy or Thibs that they will love what Frank brings and establish his role on this team. Something no coach has done yet.

    My favorite player on the team by far is Mitch although I'd like to see Randle start at Center over Mitch and Taj right now.

    Randle is a natural Center and with so many teams playing small ball lineups... Celtics, Clippers, Heat, Rockets, etc... Starting games off with Julius rim running and putting pressure on the defense could give the Knicks early leads in games instead of always falling behind and having to play catch-up at the end. If you notice when Knicks usually catch up is when they go small with Randle at Center so why not start games off that way? If Julius starts to become a liability on defense then bring Mitch in and stretch the floor with Knox at the 4.

    We have been winning more games than Fiz with Mike Miller but I hate his rotations... He won't be here next season!

  4. #124
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    65,785
    Quote Originally Posted by Knicks Boogie View Post
    For those who don't like Frank I will say this. Go back and look at Marcus Smart's career thus far. Kid was drafted #6 as the PG of the future for the Celtics and only averages 8-9 points per game his first 3 years. Then at the end of his 3rd season they finally moved his to combo guard playing off the ball and his role was to be the disruptive defender off the bench or starting SG guarding the best player.

    Now in his 6th season at 25 years old, Marcus Smart is as valuable as any player on the Celtics right now!

    Don't quit on Frank! He isn't my favorite player but I like him a lot. I really think the Knicks hire a Coach that will stick like Mark Jackson or Van Gundy or Thibs that they will love what Frank brings and establish his role on this team. Something no coach has done yet.

    My favorite player on the team by far is Mitch although I'd like to see Randle start at Center over Mitch and Taj right now.

    Randle is a natural Center and with so many teams playing small ball lineups... Celtics, Clippers, Heat, Rockets, etc... Starting games off with Julius rim running and putting pressure on the defense could give the Knicks early leads in games instead of always falling behind and having to play catch-up at the end. If you notice when Knicks usually catch up is when they go small with Randle at Center so why not start games off that way? If Julius starts to become a liability on defense then bring Mitch in and stretch the floor with Knox at the 4.

    We have been winning more games than Fiz with Mike Miller but I hate his rotations... He won't be here next season!
    I agree, but Frank needs to play with more fire and desire like Smart does. He needs to be more aggressive.

  5. #125
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    48,641
    Quote Originally Posted by Knicks Boogie View Post
    For those who don't like Frank I will say this. Go back and look at Marcus Smart's career thus far. Kid was drafted #6 as the PG of the future for the Celtics and only averages 8-9 points per game his first 3 years. Then at the end of his 3rd season they finally moved his to combo guard playing off the ball and his role was to be the disruptive defender off the bench or starting SG guarding the best player.

    Now in his 6th season at 25 years old, Marcus Smart is as valuable as any player on the Celtics right now!

    Don't quit on Frank! He isn't my favorite player but I like him a lot. I really think the Knicks hire a Coach that will stick like Mark Jackson or Van Gundy or Thibs that they will love what Frank brings and establish his role on this team. Something no coach has done yet.

    My favorite player on the team by far is Mitch although I'd like to see Randle start at Center over Mitch and Taj right now.

    Randle is a natural Center and with so many teams playing small ball lineups... Celtics, Clippers, Heat, Rockets, etc... Starting games off with Julius rim running and putting pressure on the defense could give the Knicks early leads in games instead of always falling behind and having to play catch-up at the end. If you notice when Knicks usually catch up is when they go small with Randle at Center so why not start games off that way? If Julius starts to become a liability on defense then bring Mitch in and stretch the floor with Knox at the 4.

    We have been winning more games than Fiz with Mike Miller but I hate his rotations... He won't be here next season!
    now go look up a player that has Frank's stats, game after three seasons with his lack of aggression? Its getting old comparing him to the very few who do make it and then what about all the players that after three seasons don't make it? They don't count in Frank's world only the ones that hit?

    Frank plays nothing like Smart, so you need to stop the comparisons.......Frank is not going to wake up one day and say I'm going to be a nasty, in your face,take no prisoner player........

    I'm done listing all the players who didn't make it........you want to keep dreaming and hold out hope, go for it.

    I'm not holding my breath, but somehow hope he does emerge.

    If you think Frank winds up getting a Smart type contract and moves forward like that I have a bridge to sell you right now. Frank got his option picked up. If he stays the course rest of this year and early next year, KNicks will not, repeat will not give him his QO for 8.5m........


    To all the Frank he is a can't miss, your hour glass is quickly winding down, he has one more season to prove your hopes, belief's, comparisons come true.

    Hey there is always a Cinderella story, but many fans always waiting for Cinderella also get very disappointed.


    Honestly if Frank continues on the same path I do hope he gets traded, because honestly, I'm sick of this being the NY Franks.........for a guy getting less than 15 min. it's absolutely now borderline insanity with some fans.

    Sorry Boogie.........but either one day reality will sink in or I'm going to be so pleasantly surprised.

  6. #126
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    48,641
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    I agree, but Frank needs to play with more fire and desire like Smart does. He needs to be more aggressive.
    I'm no youngster, been around many a athlete, there is one thing I learned in life, what you just posted is not taught, it's inside of you. Three coach's have tried to get him to be more aggressive. while he has shown improvement, the fact that Frank Advocates are still saying it, how honestly do you expect this to change so drastically?

    All I know is Frank's replacement (s) may just be in the so many picks we have, even second round. That is not a crazy thought TBH. And not making 8.5m either

  7. #127
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    33,331
    Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post
    now go look up a player that has Frank's stats, game after three seasons with his lack of aggression? Its getting old comparing him to the very few who do make it and then what about all the players that after three seasons don't make it? They don't count in Frank's world only the ones that hit?

    Frank plays nothing like Smart, so you need to stop the comparisons.......Frank is not going to wake up one day and say I'm going to be a nasty, in your face,take no prisoner player........

    I'm done listing all the players who didn't make it........you want to keep dreaming and hold out hope, go for it.

    I'm not holding my breath, but somehow hope he does emerge.

    If you think Frank winds up getting a Smart type contract and moves forward like that I have a bridge to sell you right now. Frank got his option picked up. If he stays the course rest of this year and early next year, KNicks will not, repeat will not give him his QO for 8.5m........


    To all the Frank he is a can't miss, your hour glass is quickly winding down, he has one more season to prove your hopes, belief's, comparisons come true.

    Hey there is always a Cinderella story, but many fans always waiting for Cinderella also get very disappointed.


    Honestly if Frank continues on the same path I do hope he gets traded, because honestly, I'm sick of this being the NY Franks.........for a guy getting less than 15 min. it's absolutely now borderline insanity with some fans.

    Sorry Boogie.........but either one day reality will sink in or I'm going to be so pleasantly surprised.
    my god dude, let it go with this kid and calling for him to be "gone". he's the least of our problems.
    Last edited by nycericanguy; 02-15-2020 at 09:47 AM.

  8. 02-16-2020, 09:34 PM
    Reason
    Enough

  9. #128
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    48,641
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    my god dude, let it go with this kid and calling for him to be "gone". he's the least of our problems.
    I keep telling you Rican, if there is nothing to replay not just me but many others can't reply......he is not the least of our problems, he was a big pick for us in 2017........how could he be the least of our problems? Players like Dotson who was a second round pick is not a problem, Mitch who was a second round pick is by far the least of our problems.

    Great kid, but so far he's not living up to a lottery pick or even first round pick and 4 of you maybe 5 have him on Mount Rushmore.......

    that is why we can't let it go, because yes we have many issues and sorry you don't see this with your admitted favorite son, but yes Frank today, right now is part of the problem......How can you not see this, just another post with another built in excuse, he's the least of our problems..........sadly you believe that.

  10. #129
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    33,331
    Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post
    I keep telling you Rican, if there is nothing to replay not just me but many others can't reply......he is not the least of our problems, he was a big pick for us in 2017........how could he be the least of our problems? Players like Dotson who was a second round pick is not a problem, Mitch who was a second round pick is by far the least of our problems.

    Great kid, but so far he's not living up to a lottery pick or even first round pick and 4 of you maybe 5 have him on Mount Rushmore.......

    that is why we can't let it go, because yes we have many issues and sorry you don't see this with your admitted favorite son, but yes Frank today, right now is part of the problem......How can you not see this, just another post with another built in excuse, he's the least of our problems..........sadly you believe that.
    Drafting a role player or even a bust at #8 isn't why we are where we are. Every team has misses in the draft. Overall we've done decent in the draft and if we were a well managed team we'd have KP, RJ & Mitch to build around right now within a span of 4 drafts. those 3 guys in 4 drafts is not bad.

    We are where we are because of trades like the KP trade which you vehemently defended for months and was one of the worst trades I've ever seen in my lifetime.

    we are where we are because of the moronic signings this summer where we ignored FIT and everything that is current in the NBA, which again you vehemently defended. And ignored PG's that actually would have helped us.

    we are where we are because we chase archaic PG's like Burke & DSJR who cant shoot, again who you vehemently defended.

    So who's really the one that can't see? But sure, resort to hyperbole and making things up as usual. Because saying Frank is a decent role player that helps a team of course equals = "he belongs on mount rushmore". When you have to make things up and use hyperbole it's usually because your arguments aren't very good.

  11. #130
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    48,641
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    Drafting a role player or even a bust at #8 isn't why we are where we are. Every team has misses in the draft. Overall we've done decent in the draft and if we were a well managed team we'd have KP, RJ & Mitch to build around right now within a span of 4 drafts. those 3 guys in 4 drafts is not bad.

    We are where we are because of trades like the KP trade which you vehemently defended for months and was one of the worst trades I've ever seen in my lifetime.

    we are where we are because of the moronic signings this summer where we ignored FIT and everything that is current in the NBA, which again you vehemently defended. And ignored PG's that actually would have helped us.

    we are where we are because we chase archaic PG's like Burke & DSJR who cant shoot, again who you vehemently defended.

    So who's really the one that can't see? But sure, resort to hyperbole and making things up as usual. Because saying Frank is a decent role player that helps a team of course equals = "he belongs on mount rushmore". When you have to make things up and use hyperbole it's usually because your arguments aren't very good.

    You are in your own world how many posters have to say you have prejudice to the players you like? You just won't let it sink in but then come up with these BS comments.

    1. I supported the trade and you know this because of how it went down with KP demanding out, then I turned it around a full 360 because we heard about not one trade scenario but three of Mills trying to move KP before the Season. So I didn't support the trade, never once I supported the reasoning we were all fed at the time, and don't tell me you knew about the three trade scenario's? So how many times now have I said the trade stinks? But keep posting it Rican, it won't make it any more true.

    Next- I hated Mudiay, but he was playing better than any of our guys, that don't take a rocket scientist and most importantly when I supported Trey, I said he was our best PG at that time and I haven't changed my mind, he was and you had Frank in those arguments as the future PG , the better PG, the guy.........now you say he's not even a PG............thanks for all the arguments and back and forth and now you agree.


    We drafted KP, then with the 8th pick we needed to hit a homerun, we had no 2016 pick and we traded Melo, you want to continue to call the 8th pick a project pick so be it lol.......We as you said had KP we needed Mitchell not a project. Phil was supposed to pick Mitchell he didn't. He went not with a Project but a guy that fit his triangle and guy that was already a Pro since he was younger than 15.

    He's a project today only because he has not lived up to the lottery pick. He today , right now is a bust., he is on a terrible team, a team coming off a 17 win season, a team where he can't play ahead of old PG's, ahead of Trey, Mudiay and now Payton.

    Frank is Frank......you will call him a project when he's 25 and still make excuses......news flash he don't have that long to emerge.

    Frank is far from our least of our worries......like I said which you have no comment for least of our worries is Mitch and RJ......other than that we have major worries all over the place.

    So take your own advice and stop quoting me without quotes......Trey was the best pg we had, and Frank was not, you want me to quote you back then so I'm not making it up?

    In fact would you like to see some of you Frank posts that now you call him a project 3 seasons in?

    Today a Decent Role player...........wow has that not dropped lol............amazing Rican, amazing, but lets keep going with the every thread posts including him like he's more.......

    I keep telling you call him a decent role player and we have no arguments.........you just don't get this.

  12. #131
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    33,331
    Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post
    You are in your own world how many posters have to say you have prejudice to the players you like? You just won't let it sink in but then come up with these BS comments.

    1. I supported the trade and you know this because of how it went down with KP demanding out, then I turned it around a full 360 because we heard about not one trade scenario but three of Mills trying to move KP before the Season. So I didn't support the trade, never once I supported the reasoning we were all fed at the time, and don't tell me you knew about the three trade scenario's? So how many times now have I said the trade stinks? But keep posting it Rican, it won't make it any more true.

    Next- I hated Mudiay, but he was playing better than any of our guys, that don't take a rocket scientist and most importantly when I supported Trey, I said he was our best PG at that time and I haven't changed my mind, he was and you had Frank in those arguments as the future PG , the better PG, the guy.........now you say he's not even a PG............thanks for all the arguments and back and forth and now you agree.


    We drafted KP, then with the 8th pick we needed to hit a homerun, we had no 2016 pick and we traded Melo, you want to continue to call the 8th pick a project pick so be it lol.......We as you said had KP we needed Mitchell not a project. Phil was supposed to pick Mitchell he didn't. He went not with a Project but a guy that fit his triangle and guy that was already a Pro since he was younger than 15.

    He's a project today only because he has not lived up to the lottery pick. He today , right now is a bust., he is on a terrible team, a team coming off a 17 win season, a team where he can't play ahead of old PG's, ahead of Trey, Mudiay and now Payton.

    Frank is Frank......you will call him a project when he's 25 and still make excuses......news flash he don't have that long to emerge.

    Frank is far from our least of our worries......like I said which you have no comment for least of our worries is Mitch and RJ......other than that we have major worries all over the place.

    So take your own advice and stop quoting me without quotes......Trey was the best pg we had, and Frank was not, you want me to quote you back then so I'm not making it up?

    In fact would you like to see some of you Frank posts that now you call him a project 3 seasons in?

    Today a Decent Role player...........wow has that not dropped lol............amazing Rican, amazing, but lets keep going with the every thread posts including him like he's more.......

    I keep telling you call him a decent role player and we have no arguments.........you just don't get this.
    Frank "the guy" "PG of the future"? uhh yea i never said any of that. again more hyperbole.

    It's ok to have favorite players, yes Frank is my favorite, I've always liked guys that play smart team ball, people bashed me for liking Fields & Jared Jeffries too but every team needs guys like that. doesn't mean I'm sitting here saying not to draft Trae Young or a PG or not to sign a PG b/c we have Frank. Because for years I've been saying to go after a PG and i'm still saying it now, but I know that doesn't fit your narrative. Frank is a secondary playmaker like I've always said.

    Maybe just stop posting about Frank if the posts bother you so much because you make things personal and get all upset and start making things up when it's really not that serious. others can disagree with me without hyperbole and lying.

  13. #132
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    48,641
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    Frank "the guy" "PG of the future"? uhh yea i never said any of that. again more hyperbole.

    It's ok to have favorite players, yes Frank is my favorite, I've always liked guys that play smart team ball, people bashed me for liking Fields & Jared Jeffries too but every team needs guys like that. doesn't mean I'm sitting here saying not to draft Trae Young or a PG or not to sign a PG b/c we have Frank. Because for years I've been saying to go after a PG and i'm still saying it now, but I know that doesn't fit your narrative. Frank is a secondary playmaker like I've always said.

    Maybe just stop posting about Frank if the posts bother you so much because you make things personal and get all upset and start making things up when it's really not that serious. others can disagree with me without hyperbole and lying.
    around here you have a realistic opinion about Frank you shouldn't post about him? I was going to bring back some posts you had on Frank, believe me they are out there, but don't matter, he's your favorite player that great, but that doesn't mean he will be a guy the Knicks keep or even is a main stay to our success.

    Frank the person, great kid, gave him now almost three years, heard all about FIBA Frank how it's all the Knicks fault nothing to do with the player. Kind of hard not to post when Frank takes up so much of the forum from the high volume posters in the forum.

    I just want this team competing and honestly don't give a damn if it includes Frank or not. I'm sick of rooting for a laughing stock......I'm hoping the new FO does something about it.

    At some point something has to give but you realistically can sit here and tell me on one hand Frank is a decent future role player yet you expect the Knicks to pick up his 8.5m QO for and I quote you, a decent role player?

    You need to have more hope and hope he is more than a decent role player, or else he's a UFA after next season.

    For a decent young role player a team that needs everything if he could be included in a trade he will be or lucky and I mean lucky enough to get a late first, he won't be here. It would be more worth a late first for even a gamble than hope for a future decent role player making 8.5m.

    Kadeem is a decent role player, he won't get more than vet min, Kadeem to date has outperformed Frank. Kadeem is still on a two way contract. One would say Dotson has outplayed Frank same draft, and Dot we own his QO for min next year.

    Just to finish, you have no idea how much I'd love you to be right about this kid. Like you with other players, I just don't see it with Frank today. I believe he has one more summer to get himself going or else it will be very tough to maintain him here.

  14. #133
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    48,641
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    So who's really the one that can't see? But sure, resort to hyperbole and making things up as usual. Because saying Frank is a decent role player .
    Because you change periodically , where are you, how can you call me a liar when I can bring back posts that say differently?

    I was referring the year Frank and Trey were going to battle it out, and you called Frank a starting PG, that was his future with the right surrounding pieces. I said I thought Trey was the teams best PG at the time, just to clarify. You came back with multiple points on his length and talents and passing abilities as a PG. You disagreed with me adamantly about him being a wing???

    Later on you switched that Frank is now a secondary ball handler, which he still has a ways to go, you know the easy pass for a pick 6 or just simply handing it off.....he's not there yet even at this level on offense.

    Question, is Frank a decent role player or solid role player? Because it was just a month ago you were calling him a solid role player, now you are posting to other posters that how am I wrong calling him a DECENT Role Player?

    Because Decent and Solid have major different definitions in my book. See I don't see him today as a solid role player, I do see him as a decent role player, which means you can find min pay guys to become decent role players.
    You keep saying resign Frank for 4 for 24 but you can't do that, either you pick up his QO or he's a UFA, hope you get that and the only way to extend his contract is to increase it by a min of 10%. So Frank's QO is 8.5m, honestly unless he breaks out next year, even you his biggest #1 fan, you feel Frank is worth that if he plays similar to now?

    But if you think he's solid well you said many would agree with you, I think many equates to around 4 or 5 for solid role player.

    You just don't get it, the first game he has a 14-5-5 game the posts come out in volumes, do you not realize most NBA players that are decent will have those type of games and some that aren't even considered decent role players have had 42-14-6 game? And multiple 30/7+ games?

    We all get your fanhood, but curb it down, and these posts will stop, Decent role player, I'm not sure you could can't more than two posters who would consider disagreeing?




    RJ is gonna be a stud... but Frank is probably our 2nd best prospect right now.
    No mention of Mitch?

    I think most would agree right now he's a solid rotation player.

    there is hope for much more though, I think he has so much untapped potential
    Hope is good, but is he solid?

  15. #134
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    33,331
    Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post
    Because you change periodically , where are you, how can you call me a liar when I can bring back posts that say differently?

    I was referring the year Frank and Trey were going to battle it out, and you called Frank a starting PG, that was his future with the right surrounding pieces. I said I thought Trey was the teams best PG at the time, just to clarify. You came back with multiple points on his length and talents and passing abilities as a PG. You disagreed with me adamantly about him being a wing???

    Later on you switched that Frank is now a secondary ball handler, which he still has a ways to go, you know the easy pass for a pick 6 or just simply handing it off.....he's not there yet even at this level on offense.

    Question, is Frank a decent role player or solid role player? Because it was just a month ago you were calling him a solid role player, now you are posting to other posters that how am I wrong calling him a DECENT Role Player?

    Because Decent and Solid have major different definitions in my book. See I don't see him today as a solid role player, I do see him as a decent role player, which means you can find min pay guys to become decent role players.
    You keep saying resign Frank for 4 for 24 but you can't do that, either you pick up his QO or he's a UFA, hope you get that and the only way to extend his contract is to increase it by a min of 10%. So Frank's QO is 8.5m, honestly unless he breaks out next year, even you his biggest #1 fan, you feel Frank is worth that if he plays similar to now?

    But if you think he's solid well you said many would agree with you, I think many equates to around 4 or 5 for solid role player.

    You just don't get it, the first game he has a 14-5-5 game the posts come out in volumes, do you not realize most NBA players that are decent will have those type of games and some that aren't even considered decent role players have had 42-14-6 game? And multiple 30/7+ games?

    We all get your fanhood, but curb it down, and these posts will stop, Decent role player, I'm not sure you could can't more than two posters who would consider disagreeing?




    No mention of Mitch?

    Hope is good, but is he solid?
    I have never seen such a nitpicking post as this one. Decent vs solid... who cares? I am saying he's a ROLE PLAYER and you are nitpicking verbs?? seriously?

    at no point did I ever say Frank was the future starting PG. I may have had hope that he could be a starting PG 2 years ago sure, he was very raw. I may have said he could potentially be a starting PG with the right pieces? sure... there are many situational starters in this league. Patrick Bevelry is a situational starting PG for instance. But His future is clearly not at PG and that's been clear for years. Did anyone want to draft Trae Young more than me? Did anyone want to sign Brogs more than me? I don't get why you keep insisting that I'm saying Frank or have been saying is a starting PG and "the future"?. It's getting old and you are looking silly.

    I do believe Frank is our 3rd best prospect behind Mitch & RJ. who else do we have?

    You're too caught up in your hate for this kid.

    what posts are you proving? Me saying he's a solid rotation player with untapped potential? YES! That's what I believe. why does that anger you so much? how is that me saying "frank is the future"...etc... and all this hyperbole?

    I think you should just stop replying to my posts.

  16. #135
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    48,641
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    I have never seen such a nitpicking post as this one. Decent vs solid... who cares? I am saying he's a ROLE PLAYER and you are nitpicking verbs?? seriously?

    at no point did I ever say Frank was the future starting PG. I may have had hope that he could be a starting PG 2 years ago sure, he was very raw. I may have said he could potentially be a starting PG with the right pieces? sure... there are many situational starters in this league. Patrick Bevelry is a situational starting PG for instance. But His future is clearly not at PG and that's been clear for years. Did anyone want to draft Trae Young more than me? Did anyone want to sign Brogs more than me? I don't get why you keep insisting that I'm saying Frank or have been saying is a starting PG and "the future"?. It's getting old and you are looking silly.

    I do believe Frank is our 3rd best prospect behind Mitch & RJ. who else do we have?

    You're too caught up in your hate for this kid.

    what posts are you proving? Me saying he's a solid rotation player with untapped potential? YES! That's what I believe. why does that anger you so much? how is that me saying "frank is the future"...etc... and all this hyperbole?

    I think you should just stop replying to my posts.
    Excuse me did you not bring up for the million time Trey lol and mis quote me? Why not stop that now? And the KP trade, why not add in why I was supporting the trade? Talk about hyperbole lol...

    You are reading someone's quotes on a forum I don't hate Frank far from it.......that is just more of your hyperbole.

    So now a decent rotation player is the same as a solid rotation player? I see solid as a Lou Williams that is a solid rotation player, you know solid in the rotation and solid player, we can go on and on with solid.
    Decent rotation player is a guy that is you know Ok, don't move the dial, a guy that won't be missed, you know decent.......Maybe in your words about Frank a situational player?

    Saying we have two good prospects and not naming Mitch but naming Frank, not fanhood for a player?

    Frank may be the third best prospect, you think that's a compliment? He may be ahead of Dotson, DSJ, Trier, that isn't exactly bragging rights.

    Here is my final point which you constantly ignore, how are the Knicks giving him 4 for 24 next year when they can't? If he is a decent role player do you feel he will get his 8.5m QO?

    Did you know the Knicks and Frank have till day one of the 2020 season to do an extension? They do have all of next year till June 29th to pick up his QO, hence why I keep posting reality, Next year Frank cannot be decent not if he want the 8.5m.
    My definition of decent in sports while adding in role player, is adequate, okay, getting by, not good, not start worthy, not solid, which means a permanent fixture, a guaranteed ability to perform.

    So if Frank is more than decent and shows he is a fixture to a set rotation and player of the future that can be counted on can't be replaced for 8.5m or less than yea Knicks will sign him to his QO, which then makes him what exactly?

    A UFA just one more year later. So after next year or the following year, he will be a UFA because extending him means more years and at more money. And he like DSJ will not get extended come day on of season 2020, that much I'm pretty damn confident in.

    So when you keep saying play the guys that will be here in the future? What is the future next year?

    I wish the kid luck, but him being the 8th pick makes it difficult unless you perform, that is not me that is just how it is and how it's been.

  17. 02-17-2020, 05:45 PM
    Reason
    No backdoor modding, thanks

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •