Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 42 of 43 FirstFirst ... 3240414243 LastLast
    Apparently doctors have no idea what is wrong with Jed Lowrie.... Bet he wished he didn't sign that $20M contract with us. We ruined his career and life with our curse

Apparently, Lagares and Dozier are not on the 30-man roster - at least to start. The Mets are ďonlyĒ carrying 14 pitchers but 3 catchers.
    Last edited by Halfmiler2; 07-23-2020 at 04:08 PM.

Apparently the MLB post season is expanded this year to 16 teams... If we don't make the playoffs, even with these injuries, fire BVW and Rojas

The 16-team playoffs are not a done deal yet. MLB is negotiating with the union.

Quote Originally Posted by Halfmiler2 View Post
    The 16-team playoffs are not a done deal yet. MLB is negotiating with the union.
    It has been approved by MLBPA, the owners need to ratify but should be done

2020 Mets Spring Training - The Mets Way

With the shortened season, this a good idea IMO.

Moving forward this would be a mistake though. Unless they reduce the number of games during the season to compensate.

It is ok for this season but would be awful as a permanent change. If 16 out of 30 teams are post-season, odds are a losing team makes it most seasons.

The details are that 1st and 2nd place teams from each division are automatic, plus two wild cards in each league. The better seed will be the home team for the entire first round Best- of-Three.

Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    Anthony DiComo
    @AnthonyDiComo
    I swear this is not beating a dead horse. But.

I would imagine, for Mets fans, a frustrating aspect of the current situation is seeing Justin Dunn and Anthony Kay break camp with the Mariners and Blue Jays, respectively. Those guys really could have helped in 2020.
    Dont worry man itís not beating a dead horse itís the truth. Look I give Brodie credit for the draft but all the other aspects of being a GM he has failed at. Hopefully when Cohen takes over we bring in somebody with a good track record

Quote Originally Posted by JCrusher View Post
    Dont worry man itís not beating a dead horse itís the truth. Look I give Brodie credit for the draft but all the other aspects of being a GM he has failed at. Hopefully when Cohen takes over we bring in somebody with a good track record

Forget about not having Kay an Dunn... you could have had $45 million + less in payroll between Cano, Lowrie, Stroman and Diaz and that's still ignoring loosing Kelenic and SRW

He screwed the Mets window last year and this yeas so badly.

J.D.Davis was a good pick-up.

Quote Originally Posted by Halfmiler2 View Post
    J.D.Davis was a good pick-up.
    True. Sadly it was his only good move besides his drafts. Not enough to make me want to keep him around. Plus I just do t like his personality. Seems very pompous

Hopefully the Mets win a championship and Diaz/Cano/both play a huge role in it. Only way I feel fans will ever get over the Kelenic trade

Quote Originally Posted by kyubi256 View Post
    Hopefully the Mets win a championship and Diaz/Cano/both play a huge role in it. Only way I feel fans will ever get over the Kelenic trade
    What if we win one and Seattle wins 5 behind 1st ballot HOF Kelenic?

Quote Originally Posted by Larry M View Post
    What if we win one and Seattle wins 5 behind 1st ballot HOF Kelenic?
    You think Cubs fan care about what happens with Torres and the Yankees? Winning one is such a crapshoot in general. I'll take that one even if this happens

Quote Originally Posted by kyubi256 View Post
    I won't. I think it cost us a shot last year and this year and I honestly think it was done to help Cano out.

No logical explanation to do that deal and then add another 36 year old former client who is also primarily a 2nd baseman to a $21 million deal also...especially with Jeff McNeil on the roster.

Mets have $31 million tied up in just those two.

Page 42 of 43 FirstFirst ... 3240414243 LastLast