Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 41 of 43 FirstFirst ... 313940414243 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    Yeah, I can see them signing him for less than he would have demand had he had a similar year as last year.
    And that would be great for us. Heís a good pitcher IMO. Iíd like to keep him for another 2-3 years.

Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    And that would be great for us. Heís a good pitcher IMO. Iíd like to keep him for another 2-3 years.
    He is a good pitcher, I'd like to have him on the staff and he will likely come cheaper in 2021. But his loss hurts us in this outlier of a year, and makes the trade for him look worse.

Matz is now our #2, lol.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Ditto!

Time to sign Big Sexy!

Make it happen Omar!

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    I strenuously object.
    You strenuously object? Is that how it works?

Quote Originally Posted by The Futurist View Post
    I would give Peterson a shot 3-5 turns through to see what we have. Lockett is hurt. We know what Oswalt is. And they seemed determined to keep Lugo (my choice to start) in the pen.

I don't think we see Stroman until September, if at all.
    Iím hoping Lugo is our closer
    Betances or Familia when Lugo isnít available

Itís amazing how bad the two big trades BVW made last year look right now.

Quote Originally Posted by wiley6 View Post
    Itís amazing how bad the two big trades BVW made last year look right now.
    They were bad last year also.

Quote Originally Posted by wiley6 View Post
    Itís amazing how bad the two big trades BVW made last year look right now

Agreed. Which is probably what will cost him his job once the sale of the team is mercifully finalized

Gimenez made the opening day roster!

Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    They were bad last year also.

This! The idea they were just bad because of results isn't the point, but the one everyone who defends the trades seems to want to make.

Rather the results have made them horrendous trades. They were extremely bad trades the instant they were made because of the added payroll and lack of value we received for the players we traded.

Imagine coming into this year with $45 million less in payroll with Kay and Dunne as SP options or back end BP options. Imagine have Taylor as a potential lefty out of the Pen. Brody is just horrendous (Other than the draft...god his drafts have been great).

Anthony Kay made the opening day roster for Toronto.

This trade really sucks now.

Mike Puma
    @NYPost_Mets
    17m
    Brodie Van Wagenen has gone from "Come get us" to "We are going to go wire to wire and not quit." Wouldn't say the season will be a failure if the Mets miss the playoffs.

Anthony DiComo
    @AnthonyDiComo
    I swear this is not beating a dead horse. But.

I would imagine, for Mets fans, a frustrating aspect of the current situation is seeing Justin Dunn and Anthony Kay break camp with the Mariners and Blue Jays, respectively. Those guys really could have helped in 2020.

Page 41 of 43 FirstFirst ... 313940414243 LastLast