Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 33 of 43 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Halfmiler2 View Post
    The breaking news today is that on Monday, MLB will propose to the players that they play a half season (78 or 82 games) starting around July 1st.

Teams would play in their home parks if possible. Otherwise, they would play at their spring training park or somewhere else.

Teams would only play opponents from their division or the opposite division in the other league to cut down travel. For example, the Mets could play NL East teams 13 games each, and AL East teams 6 games each for 82 games.

The 3 division winners and 4 wild cards would advance to the post-season in each league. The team with the best record would get a bye while the other six teams would play a preliminary Best-of-Three round.

There would be three weeks of Spring Training before the season starts.
    Hopefully this follows through! I need baseball

Itís not going to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    Itís not going to happen.
    Maybe not July 1st but i do think we see baseball this season. Its going to have involve testing everyday for the players though. That's the only way i see them agreeing to play. These guys don't want to lose a year's salary and the owners want that sweet sweet tv money.

I believe they are getting paid even if they donít play.

So many people aside from the players have to be tested and not just before but as the season goes on because they will have contact with so many other people as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    I believe they are getting paid even if they donít play.

So many people aside from the players have to be tested and not just before but as the season goes on because they will have contact with so many other people as well.
    The owners might get the tv money. I don't know if that's part of their contract or not. I have the impression its not but you could be right on that front. I can't see the players getting paid if there is no season. If they are, it will be at a drastically reduced rate because there is no way the owners pony up 100% on every player contract with hardly any revenue.

Yeah, its not just the players. I'm saying the players will only agree to playing if they are tested everyday. I'm sure part of that deal would include team personnel, umpires, etc.
    Last edited by metswon69; 05-10-2020 at 02:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    The owners might get the tv money. I don't know if that's part of their contract or not. I have the impression its not but you could be right on that front. I can't see the players getting paid if there is no season. If they are, it will be at a drastically reduced rate because there is no way the owners pony up 100% on every player contract with hardly any revenue.

Yeah, its not just the players. I'm saying the players will only agree to playing if they are tested everyday. I'm sure part of that deal would include team personnel, umpires, etc.
    Testing will be one of the biggest roadblocks, won't it? Do they even have the capability to do that level of testing?

Quote Originally Posted by JoeGamer81 View Post
    Testing will be one of the biggest roadblocks, won't it? Do they even have the capability to do that level of testing?
    I don't know but testing is also about who can afford it. Not surprisingly, billionaires and millionaires find access to things the common folk don't. I am sure if MLB wanted to get the 780 players, team personnel, umpires, call ups, etc tested everyday they could.

I don't know but testing is also about who can afford it. Not surprisingly, billionaires and millionaires find access to things the common folk don't. I am sure if MLB wanted to get the 780 players, team personnel, umpires, call ups, etc tested everyday they could.
    NJ has opened up two of their locations (PNC Art Center & BCC) to people without showing symptoms. You know common folks.

Rite Aid is now providing free testing at their 14 locations in NJ also. FYI

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    NJ has opened up two of their locations (PNC Art Center & BCC) to people without showing symptoms. You know common folks.

Rite Aid is now providing free testing at their 14 locations in NJ also. FYI
    Never said the common folk had no access. I know places in NY that do testing as well.

However, testing for MLB players and personnel can be done by a private firm. Something they pay for to have more readily available and more frequent testing, both of the virus and antibody testing. That's the advantage of money.
    Last edited by metswon69; 05-11-2020 at 01:00 PM.

You just said this, "I don't know but testing is also about who can afford it. Not surprisingly, billionaires and millionaires find access to things the common folk don't."

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Looks like a 30-man roster and 20-man taxi squad.
    Last edited by Halfmiler2; 05-11-2020 at 05:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    You just said this, "I don't know but testing is also about who can afford it. Not surprisingly, billionaires and millionaires find access to things the common folk don't."
    Yeah that's why I said "also". Means in addition too. Billionaires can afford to pay for testing that isn't provided under normal conditions.

Also, no all-star game and universal DH.

Yeah that's why I said "also". Means in addition too. Billionaires can afford to pay for testing that isn't provided under normal conditions.
    So your intention is that common folk, Billionaires & millionaires can get tested.

Why not just say everyone. Unless that wasnít your intention and now you are back peddling.

I wonder if the taxi squad will travel with the team, stay at Citi Field, or stay at Port St Lucie.

Page 33 of 43 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 ... LastLast