Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 43 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by n8ghee View Post
    Chalk me up as another still optimistic about BVW.

Positives and negatives so far, but I like the direction.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It's not even about optimism imo. You want to be optimistic the GM will make the right moves and 2020 will be a great ride with maybe, God forbid, a WS title but we should at least be fair about Brodie has and hasn't done. As for what he's trying to sell the fans, well that's part of the job description. Its to get fans pumped about the season, the direction of the team, etc. Ultimately, the only thing that will matter is results.

I'm excited for this season though.

Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    Swagger is the recipe for winning?

Sandy has played and started young players, drafted, brought them up and put them in a situation to be successful.

Brodie sucks balls, I personally look forward to get a new owner and have Brodie **** canned.
    Exactly. This intangible BS about "changing the culture" and "swagger" is total nonsense. Brodie made almost nothing but stupid moves last winter, so I'm not gonna sit here and listen to revisionists pretend his only mistake was the Cano trade, or that the trade was anything less than an unmitigated disaster.

Brodie is a puppet, and I can't wait for a new owner to bounce his *** back to the golf course.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeGamer81 View Post
    Exactly. This intangible BS about "changing the culture" and "swagger" is total nonsense. Brodie made almost nothing but stupid moves last winter, so I'm not gonna sit here and listen to revisionists pretend his only mistake was the Cano trade, or that the trade was anything less than an unmitigated disaster.

Brodie is a puppet, and I can't wait for a new owner to bounce his *** back to the golf course.
    Its not revisionist history. You've already made your judgment about Brodie, as has Clay. If you're calling the guy a puppet or saying he sucks balls, there's no way you're going to move off that stance. At its worst, his resume is incomplete. He's one year in and sure, he's made some missteps along the way but he's not some mitigated disaster like you portray him to be.

There's no need for you to respond to this because its beating a dead horse. He made the ****** Cano deal, Ramos sucks, blah blah, blah.
    Last edited by metswon69; 02-10-2020 at 11:49 AM.

2020 Mets Spring Training - The Mets Way

Honestly anyone that thinks Ramos sucked last year clearly didnít watch games. He wasnít great, but he was solidly average overall and extremely clutch. Mets havenít had average catching production in years. Heís very cost-effective as well.

Ramosí biggest issue in his WAR was his framing last season (and his baserunning, but heís a catcher so thatís expected honestly), and that is something in particular that the Mets told him to work on this offseason. Heís always been an average or better framer in his career. Hating on him because we didnít get Grandal or Realmuto is silly to me.
    Last edited by YoungStuna; 02-10-2020 at 11:42 AM.

There is just too much hyperbole in sports discussions these days. Everyone is either godlike or utter trash apparently.

Personally I think that Brodie has lucked into a winner. He inherited all the talent that has really helped this team sans JD Davis.

But winning is what matters most. So if they win it all, he's not going anywhere. And that's what I think they can do.

Don't worry. He's got this.

Quote Originally Posted by GottaBelieve View Post
    Personally I think that Brodie has lucked into a winner. He inherited all the talent that has really helped this team sans JD Davis.

But winning is what matters most. So if they win it all, he's not going anywhere. And that's what I think they can do.
    I'm not saying your wrong, but isn't it a bit unfair to indicate that someone's failures are poor design, while their successes are just dumb luck?

Sure he inherited talent but what really matters is what you do with it.

We said the same thing about how Sandy inherited all of this talent from Minaya. What really matters is *clears throat* putting players in a position to succeed, not the sink or swim mantra that we effectively gave to Dom and Rosario.

If it werenít for Brodie, we wouldnít have had Alonso break the rookie record, for sure. Yeah, we played Cano over other guys but Sandy did that with A-Gon, Cuddyer, and others.

Sandy made some nice moves like the Walker trade (again, I predicted that a month before it happened ) the Cabrera signing, the Granderson signing, etc. Still, all of his moves were low risk, low reward.

We can have all the talent in the world, doesnít matter if we donít know how to properly utilize it - and I think Brodieís done a pretty good job at that.
    If Trump can become president with no political background then I don't understand why I need a resumť

Nobody is denying the fact that he inherited good talent, but as much as we kill him for a bad deal, the fact that he did not come here and dealt a lot of the mlb talent in a rebuild is something that we have to give him credit for because as mention every other candidate seemed to be ready to have some form of rebuild small to large.

Last year he really ****ed up with the pen as every move he made turned out bad except for Wilson and Avilan to an extent, letís hope that was blip and the guys he got turn it around because they were the ones that stopped this team from being a playoff team last year.

Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    Honestly anyone that thinks Ramos sucked last year clearly didnít watch games. He wasnít great, but he was solidly average overall and extremely clutch. Mets havenít had average catching production in years. Heís very cost-effective as well.

Ramosí biggest issue in his WAR was his framing last season (and his baserunning, but heís a catcher so thatís expected honestly), and that is something in particular that the Mets told him to work on this offseason. Heís always been an average or better framer in his career. Hating on him because we didnít get Grandal or Realmuto is silly to me.
    I watched almost all the games last year, and Ramos sucked. Nice bat for most of the year, but he's awful behind the plate. One of our top pitchers begged the GM to let him pitch to someone else. I don't want to hear that he was good. He wasn't.

Not getting Grandal or Realmuto was Brodie's fault, not Ramos. I dislike Ramos because of Ramos' play.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Its not revisionist history. You've already made your judgment about Brodie, as has Clay. If you're calling the guy a puppet or saying he sucks balls, there's no way you're going to move off that stance. At its worst, his resume is incomplete. He's one year in and sure, he's made some missteps along the way but he's not some mitigated disaster like you portray him to be.

There's no need for you to respond to this because its beating a dead horse. He made the ****** Cano deal, Ramos sucks, blah blah, blah.
    It is revisionist history. That trade was a disaster. It crippled us financially and emptied our farm system, for a PED user on the bad side of a 10-year contract and a young reliever after a career year. His signing of Ramos was totally a panic move because he was overwhelmed by the Marlins front office and by Grandal's agent. Then he keeps Wheeler when he believes the season is over in spite of, by all accounts, a good market for him around the deadline. So Wheeler walks for nothing to our division rival.

The guy sucks. Maybe he redeems himself, but more than likely he won't have the time to before the team gets sold and he gets fired.

I watched almost all the games last year, and Ramos sucked. Nice bat for most of the year, but he's awful behind the plate. One of our top pitchers begged the GM to let him pitch to someone else. I don't want to hear that he was good. He wasn't.

Not getting Grandal or Realmuto was Brodie's fault, not Ramos. I dislike Ramos because of Ramos' play.
    Nah come on, the Mets had a good offer out to Grandal but he opted for the one year contract. Thatís nobodyís fault.

Realmuto was also a kings ransom, wouldíve preferred him over Cano but alas here we are.

If Trump can become president with no political background then I don't understand why I need a resumť

It is revisionist history. That trade was a disaster. It crippled us financially and emptied our farm system, for a PED user on the bad side of a 10-year contract and a young reliever after a career year. His signing of Ramos was totally a panic move because he was overwhelmed by the Marlins front office and by Grandal's agent. Then he keeps Wheeler when he believes the season is over in spite of, by all accounts, a good market for him around the deadline. So Wheeler walks for nothing to our division rival.

The guy sucks. Maybe he redeems himself, but more than likely he won't have the time to before the team gets sold and he gets fired.
    Its not because no one has taken the position that Brodie has been perfect outside of the Cano deal. He's made some mediocre moves along with some decent ones. Ramos is an awful signing, we get it. Doesn't change the fact that it really wasn't. Like I said, its your position that Brodie sucks and there's no way to change that.

You assume a lot but then again you don't see this team as anything but a 3rd or 4th place team in the NL East. What happens if they win a WC spot or the division and make a deep playoff run? Not so quick for a new owner to come in and fire him. No one has any idea whether or not that will happen either. Maybe a new owner wants continuity. Its not a foregone conclusion.
    Last edited by metswon69; 02-10-2020 at 01:57 PM.

In terms of WAR, Ramos is a net neutral. His bat is slightly above league average - which is eons better than the average catcher. His defense is atrocious, probably because the dudes legs suck.

He hasnít been a good or bad signing, and I wouldíve preferred that we traded him to an AL team and doubled down on two defensive catchers to platoon but whatever. Ramos can be fine if heís managed properly. No way should the dude appear in 140ish games, cap him and Cano at 100 a piece.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post

And you have as well. And you love him and the moves he has made. So get off your high horse.
    You are still praising his moves, every last one of them.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Page 2 of 43 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast