Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 27 of 34 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast
Results 391 to 405 of 507
  1. #391
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    66,842
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    Man Bashlor sucks ***.
    Wow yeah what an awful outing.

    Johneshwy Vargas with a cycle today.

  2. #392
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    36,824
    The New York media narrative is funny. Judge has now been diagnosed with a fractured rib that apparently he suffered in September of last year (and went undiagnosed this whole time). Severino's arm problems go back to last season. Stanton has basically been a walking injury the last season and a half and if this was the Mets, everyone would be having a field day.

    Its the Yankees and there is hardly any backlash. Meanwhile if it was the Mets, oh my god. Ironic how **** works.
    Last edited by metswon69; 03-06-2020 at 05:39 PM.

  3. #393
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    The Boogie Down
    Posts
    101,527
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    The New York media narrative is funny. Judge has now been diagnosed with a fractured rib that apparently he suffered in September of last year (and went undiagnosed this whole time). Severino's arm problems go back to last season. Stanton has basically been a walking injury the last season and a half and if this was the Mets, everyone would be having a field day.

    Its the Yankees and there is hardly any backlash. Meanwhile if it was the Mets, oh my god. Ironic how **** works.
    This is karma for all those Yankee fans gloating about their perfect off season and ******** in Mets, Red Sox and Astros fans.

  4. #394
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    4,082
    Don't know if I can ask this here but does anyone have a link for the game by any chance?

  5. #395
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    8,683
    Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    Then we can expect BVW to include him in a deal for Arenado. How's this for a BVW special: Maurico and McNeil for Arenado?

    Some people call me the Space Cowboy....
    I know.... Not nearly enough for Arenado. COL would laugh unless we take every penny of that contract which we won't do unless there's a new owner willing to do so.

  6. #396
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    36,824
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    This is karma for all those Yankee fans gloating about their perfect off season and ******** in Mets, Red Sox and Astros fans.
    But I though the Mets are the only team to mishandle injuries. All this LOLMets **** we have to hear though.

  7. #397
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    4,991
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    The New York media narrative is funny. Judge has now been diagnosed with a fractured rib that apparently he suffered in September of last year (and went undiagnosed this whole time). Severino's arm problems go back to last season. Stanton has basically been a walking injury the last season and a half and if this was the Mets, everyone would be having a field day.

    Its the Yankees and there is hardly any backlash. Meanwhile if it was the Mets, oh my god. Ironic how **** works.
    I guess itís different when you win 100 games despite injuries

  8. #398
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Posts
    55
    Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    Then we can expect BVW to include him in a deal for Arenado. How's this for a BVW special: Maurico and McNeil for Arenado?

    Some people call me the Space Cowboy....
    Hard to figure what it would take but that is probably not enough. Anyway, I would hate to give up McNeil. Maybe a deal centered around JD Davis, Dom Smith, and Peterson would get it done, assuming Arenado does not waive his opt out clause, which means he is here for only two years. I think you have to assume Arenado will not waive his opt out clause. Oh, BTW, the Rocks would also have to take Lowrie to help offset salary this year.

    If Arenado would be willing to waive his opt out clause, then it would take a lot more and there would have to be a contract adjustment. That is, Arenado would have to get something in return, unless he is just so desperate to get out of Colorado.

    One problem would be where to play McNeil with CAno at 2B. I think Cespedes will be back.

  9. #399
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Posts
    55
    Quote Originally Posted by n8ghee View Post
    Iím so pumped for the future of this team. Iím surprised more people arenít.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I definitely am. I'm looking for 94-95 wins, a BP that is the best in the NL, maybe in MLB. A great year from Stroman, hoping for the same for Thor (but not sure yet), Cespedes back and hitting, slightly better defense, good year from Ramos, hoping for better year from Cano, only negative to me is that I see Alonso regressing some but still hitting 38 homers.

    Oh BTW, overall Porcello can give us what Wheeler did last year in total for the whole season (Wheeler was great the 2nd half but terrible the first half. What we might miss the most from Wheeler is potential. But in terms of what he did last season, Porcello could match that or at least come in 90-95% of that).
    Last edited by AUDIT; 03-07-2020 at 10:32 AM.

  10. #400
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    4,082
    I haven't seen a whole lot of Gimenez, but to throw out Turner with ease on a slow roller to his backhand at short is a thing of beauty.

  11. #401
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    36,824
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry M View Post
    I guess itís different when you win 100 games despite injuries
    The only reason why they will win that division is because the AL East is a dumpster fire outside of Tampa and the AL sucks in general. If Judge and Stanton miss significant time during the season, the Rays have a real shot to win that division though. The Yankees have dodged a lot of bullets but they can't keep accumulating injuries at that rate and overcome it all year.

    Anyways it just makes me laugh because the Yankees have handled those injuries about as poorly as a team could but its apparently only a Mets thing.

  12. #402
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    66,842
    Quote Originally Posted by Maccanman View Post
    I haven't seen a whole lot of Gimenez, but to throw out Turner with ease on a slow roller to his backhand at short is a thing of beauty.
    Yep, I would love if he can hit enough so he can replace Amed at SS.

  13. #403
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    66,842

    2020 Mets Spring Training - The Mets Way

    Betances with his debut today. Didnít look very good, but heís historically a slow starter in Spring Training apparently. There wasnít much separation between his fastball and breaking ball though.

    Eduardo Nunez should make the roster. He looks good. We could use his contact ability, speed, and defensive versatility.

  14. #404
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    60ft 6in away
    Posts
    13,325
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    The only reason why they will win that division is because the AL East is a dumpster fire outside of Tampa and the AL sucks in general. If Judge and Stanton miss significant time during the season, the Rays have a real shot to win that division though. The Yankees have dodged a lot of bullets but they can't keep accumulating injuries at that rate and overcome it all year.

    Anyways it just makes me laugh because the Yankees have handled those injuries about as poorly as a team could but its apparently only a Mets thing.
    They've handled these injuries poorly, but this isn't typical of the Yankees. The Mets, on the other hand, have a history of being supremely idiotic with the way they handle the health of their players. And let's be honest, the Mets are a GD dumpster fire of an organization, so of course every self-own is going to make people say, "Only the Mets." So they've earned it.

  15. #405
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Amherst, MA
    Posts
    5,982
    Is anyone else concerned that very few Mets regulars are hitting and that they seem incapable of hitting with RISP?

Page 27 of 34 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •