Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 16 of 32 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    In all seriousness, this is the sort of injury that has been known to ruin careers. A pitcher changes his motion ever so slightly upon return because he doesn't even realize he's favoring the injured toe. Next thing you know there's shoulder damage and bam! It's over, son.

I hope the Mets are not taking this injury lightly.
    "Ain't got the call no more. Got a lot of sinful idears Ė but they seem kinda sensible...."

Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    In all seriousness, this is the sort of injury that has been known to ruin careers. A pitcher changes his motion ever so slightly upon return because he doesn't even realize he's favoring the injured toe. Next thing you know there's shoulder damage and bam! It's over, son.

I hear Jeff Wilpon is forcing Lugo to play soccer tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeGamer81 View Post
    I hear Jeff Wilpon is forcing Lugo to play soccer tonight.
    lol. All kidding aside, when i heard small fracture in left pinky toe followed by "he's going to take three days off from throwing" and that there's "no major concern," you might as well be sending him out to play soccer.

Why couldn't he say something like, "We'd rather something like this happen early in ST than closer to the Opening Day. We'll be monitoring him closely before we let him get back on the field to make sure he's ready to resume action. But we're sure he'll be back out there before too long. We'll keep you posted."

Geez. Three days?
    "Ain't got the call no more. Got a lot of sinful idears Ė but they seem kinda sensible...."

2020 Mets Spring Training - The Mets Way

Quote Originally Posted by JoeGamer81 View Post
    So it's accurate on average, but individually there's plenty of room for error. Meaning you can't even look back with total clarity, let alone look ahead. And for all the excuses you're making for why teams were better or worse than their WAR totals, you're assuming that the Mets will be in a Goldilocks zone of production and outcome this year, while everyone else will fail across the board. It's ridiculous fanboyism. And while there's no better time for ridiculous fanboyism than pre-Spring Training, it's pretty obnoxious when we're discussing reality.

Whether Cespedes plays at all this year is up in the air. We just don't know. You, meanwhile, cited his abilty to play part-time all year as a reason for why we're better than last year. Which is a problem because, as I said, we don't even know if he's going to be available at all, let alone all year, or if he'll be productive if and when he is.

We also don't know what Nimmo's deal is. Last year people were bringing up David Wright when talking about the neck injury, which I shouldn't have to tell you is a bad ****ing sign. I don't know if he has stenosis or arthritis in his cervical spine, but if he does, his ability to stay on the field will be severely impacted.

We don't know what Diaz will bring, if anything. We don't know if Betances can stay healthy or if his best is behind him. We don't know what Thor is gonna do, or Stroman, or Wacha and Porcello. We don't even know if Jake is going to totally dominate like has the past two years. Nothing is certain, and we didn't do enough this offseason to improve the team. Some of the teams around us got worse, but not enough to crown us. The only reason we were even in the race late was because of the cakewalk schedule we had after the deadline.
    Excuses? I didnít make any of that up. Those were the reasons for the discrepancies for each team. Can you disprove what I wrote? Yes of course it was accurate on average because all the leverage and clutch stats begin to cancel out when you put all of the teams and their win totals together. But if you go through each team like I did, you can find why a certain played above or below their talent level on any given season.

Iím not assuming anything about the Mets. Of course they might underperform their projections this year, but it would take more injuries, guys not bouncing back to near career norms, and failure in the clutch. But as of right now, they have the highest ceiling of any team in the division. Their variance is probably a bit higher because of some of the risk associated with certain players, but overall itís a very talented group.

I think itís safe to say Cespedes wonít be hurting himself again on any wild boars anytime soon. Itís not a stretch to say he canít be a bench corner outfielder who starts on occasion throughout the season. Itís not like I said he would play 150 games and have 40+ HRs with 100 RBI hitting cleanup this season. Thatís blind fanboyism.

Nimmo says he has his neck under control. I am not going to lie and say Iím not concerned about it, but until he spends another lengthy time on the IL, Iím going to assume heíll be healthy to be at least a platoon CF with Marisnick. Nimmo played very well when he came back last season and showed no signs of the neck being an issue still.

What Diaz did in 2019 was unprecedented. There is no way he gives up that many homers and hard hit balls in 2020. Heís way too talented to be that bad. Even if heís only a 4.00 ERA guy, thatís a major improvement sadly. Iíd expect low-mid 3.00 ERA until he can prove otherwise. For someone that was the best reliever in 2018 at 24 years old, thatís not a stretch or optimistic. Itís simply pessimistic to expect the worst possible outcome for Diaz in 2020.
    Last edited by YoungStuna; 02-18-2020 at 06:29 PM.

Itís February 18th. I have no idea why they arenít playing this safe with Lugo. Heís far too important to this team to be pitching compromised all season. Do they believe itíll heal on itís own?

Itís February 18th. I have no idea why they arenít playing this safe with Lugo. Heís far too important to this team to be pitching compromised all season. Do they believe itíll heal on itís own?
    I'm going to give them the benefit of the doubt and believe that Rojas just didn't say it correctly.

Because otherwise, it's just too absurd to think about it.

My pleasure.

I too was a fierce critic of Dom heading into last season. Then, when i heard about his sleep apnea and saw the difference in his play once he was diagnosed and treated, I became his biggest fan. This coming August will mark 23 three years since I first started using a CPAP -- Continual Positive Airway Pressure -- machine to sleep comfortably through the night. To say I can relate to what Dom must have been going through prior is a gross understatement.
    Yeah once I heard yours and I believe Sickís story about it, I started seeing the importance as well. Thanks to you guys, I had newfound faith in Dom and now Iím here to stay on the bandwagon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If Trump can become president with no political background then I don't understand why I need a resumť

I love this ****.

If Trump can become president with no political background then I don't understand why I need a resumť

Quote Originally Posted by Zmaster52 View Post
    Yeah once I heard yours and I believe Sickís story about it, I started seeing the importance as well. Thanks to you guys, I had newfound faith in Dom and now Iím here to stay on the bandwagon.

I went untreated for sleep apnea for at least 10 years. I just thought it started and ended with having trouble sleeping and that was that. Once I was treated i couldn't believe what an immediate difference it made in my life. Lethargy and laziness were replaced with energy. Within two years, I dropped about 25 pounds. My entire life changed.

All because of a stupid machine.

I saw Dom Smith in 2018 and I hated him. He was overweight. He was lazy. I couldn't believe he could be so arrogant as to oversleep on the first scheduled Spring Training game, especially since he had been scheduled to start. Unforgivable! I was among his loudest critics.

Man, I couldn't have been more wrong. We saw the real Dom last season. Knowing what he went through prior to treatment, I'm not the least bit surprised now.

I went untreated for sleep apnea for at least 10 years. I just thought it started and ended with having trouble sleeping and that was that. Once I was treated i couldn't believe what an immediate difference it made in my life. Lethargy and laziness were replaced with energy. Within two years, I dropped about 25 pounds. My entire life changed.

I saw Dom Smith in 2018 and I hated him. He was overweight. He was lazy. I couldn't believe he could be so arrogant as to oversleep on the first scheduled Spring Training game, especially since he had been scheduled to start. Unforgivable! I was among his loudest critics.

Man, I couldn't have been more wrong. We saw the real Dom last season. Knowing what he went through prior to treatment, I'm not the least bit surprised now.
    Kids are kids. They wonít always be perfect but you donít give up on them if they arenít what you think they should be at age 22.

Iíd rather have a roster full of guys who have been knocked down before and weíre forced to pick themselves back up, than a roster full of guys who have never had to deal with adversity.

Don't worry. He's got this.

"But I do think he'll grow from that. He might be able to do what Murphy did. He's got the quick hands the elite hand-eye coordination to do it. I don't know if he'll be that .350 guy but he might be able to hit .330 with 30-plus home runs.

"Some of that depends on the baseball, though. I think everybody is waiting to see if it's flying as far as it did last year. If it's not then it might make more sense for McNeil to go back to hitting line drives all over the ballpark."

A scout on McNeil

Same here, then I finally got the machine and I let it sit for over a year before I tried it. What in idiot I was, made all the difference in the world. I still donít sleep long, but my Zs are rock solid

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    "But I do think he'll grow from that. He might be able to do what Murphy did. He's got the quick hands the elite hand-eye coordination to do it. I don't know if he'll be that .350 guy but he might be able to hit .330 with 30-plus home runs.

"Some of that depends on the baseball, though. I think everybody is waiting to see if it's flying as far as it did last year. If it's not then it might make more sense for McNeil to go back to hitting line drives all over the ballpark."

A scout on McNeil
    McNeil is going to have a huge year. If heís playing full time at 3B, he can be a 6-7 WAR guy with the offense heís been producing.

McNeil is going to have a huge year. If heís playing full time at 3B, he can be a 6-7 WAR guy with the offense heís been producing.
    The only thing that scares me with McNeil is his propensity to get HBP. That last one in 2019 broke his wrist. It was only irrelevant because it was the end of the season for the Mets and they weren't making the playoffs. If something happens like that this year and he misses significant time during the season, that hurts big time.

Same thing concerns me with Nimmo.

Quote Originally Posted by Harleydude666 View Post
    Same here, then I finally got the machine and I let it sit for over a year before I tried it. What in idiot I was, made all the difference in the world. I still donít sleep long, but my Zs are rock solid
    By the time I got my machine I was at the end of my rope. I had been falling asleep at my desk at 10 am. Falling asleep behind the wheel driving home at 5:30 pm. Sundays watching football id fall asleep halfway through through the first Q, wake up up in the third Q. Fall asleep in the 4th Q and then wake up in the 2 Q of the 4 pm game and had no idea what the hell was going on.

By the time I was finally diagnosed i couldnt put that mask on fast enough. First time i used it i slept through the night then stayed awake until 3 the next morning without needing a nap. Changed my life immediately.

Page 16 of 32 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast