Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 11 of 32 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    The 1st question was a toss up.

I still like Amed more than JD. For Amed to be a Top 10 SS he is going to have to post an fWAR over 4, JD only needs to post an fWAR of 2.6 to be a top 10 and he posted a 2.4 last year.
    Oh wow really? So Iím going with JD as well then too.

I think JD is pretty easily a 3-4 WAR guy this season.

Quote Originally Posted by n8ghee View Post
    Alright fellas, Iíd like to gage our forums confidence level on a few different ďwhatís more likelyĒ scenarios. Just pick A or B on which you think is the more likely thing to happen:

A. Pete has a similar season to last year

B. Diaz has a season similar to 2018

A. Rosario becomes a top 10 shortstop

B. Conforto bats .285 or better with Runners on base

B. Dugmet returns
    Pretty comfortable with my answers.

A 4 fWAR player? his defense sucks.
    He's Kyle Schwaber.

He's average, being carried solely by his bat. But average makes you a top 10 LF. A fWAR of 4 makes you a Top 10 SS.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

He's Kyle Schwaber.

He's average, being carried solely by his bat. But average makes you a top 10 LF. A fWAR of 4 makes you a Top 10 SS.
    He's better than Kyle Schwarber offensively and by a decent amount. Ironically Schwarber is a better defensive player. If Davis cleans up his defense a little, he could be a 3-4 WAR player with that offense.

Schwarber is a good example of how a guy can improve defensively though. He was awful in LF in 2017, now he's become an average defender out there according to DRS.

He's Kyle Schwaber.

Yeah but JD accumulated 2.4 WAR in 453 PA. If you give him 650 PA, he could get to 3.5 WAR. And thatís assuming his bat stays the same and his defense doesnít get better.

Lets see if the defensive work he did this offseason makes a difference. He was pressed into OF duties without much game experience at any level at the position (only 880 innings before 2019).

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    He's better than Kyle Schwarber offensively and by a decent amount. Ironically Schwarber is a better defensive player. If Davis cleans up his defense a little, he could be a 3-4 WAR player with that offense.

Schwarber is a good example of how a guy can improve defensively though. He was awful in LF in 2017, now he's become an average defender out there according to DRS.
    Strange that UZR has always liked his OF numbers. Just checked them out now and they surprised me.

Last edited by metswon69; 02-15-2020 at 10:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    They predict the Braves to win 83 games. That makes them lose all credibility. We certainly can win the east, but the Braves need Soooo many things to go wrong to only win 83

Quote Originally Posted by bklynny67 View Post
    They predict the Braves to win 83 games. That makes them lose all credibility. We certainly can win the east, but the Braves need Soooo many things to go wrong to only win 83
    All these projection systems are on the conservative side. Doesn't matter who it is whether its BP, ZIPs, Pecota, etc. I mean whens the last time you saw a division winner win 88 or fewer games? Even if it was recent, it doesn't happen often.

I dont see the Braves winning 83 games either but losing Donaldson is a big deal. Dude was a 5 WAR player last year.

All I'm saying is that its not just the optimistic hopes of spring training that is giving credence to the Mets winning the division.

Braves arenít as good as everyone thinks. They got marginally better at best this offseason and lost Donaldson - which is huge. Ozuna is an OK replacement but heís nothing better than a 2.5-3 fWAR player.

Will Smith was a fantastic addition but I donít think Hamels is good anymore and think heíll get rocked next year. Soroka and Fried are nice pitchers but the Braves rotation is a question mark outside of that. They also have the makings of a strong bullpen with Jackson and Smith. Maybe Melancon still has a good year left in him.

Idk. I have the Mets winning the division, Nationals second, and Braves third. I just donít think the Braves are THAT good. Freeman, Albies and AcuŮa are great but the Braves lineup ainít great outside of them.

Idk when I compare us to every team in the East, we have the best lineup, second best rotation, and on paper, the best bullpen.

It all comes down to deploying the right guys at the right time, I think Rojas is smart enough to know that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If Trump can become president with no political background then I don't understand why I need a resumť

Quote Originally Posted by Zmaster52 View Post
    Braves arenít as good as everyone thinks. They got marginally better at best this offseason and lost Donaldson - which is huge. Ozuna is an OK replacement but heís nothing better than a 2.5-3 fWAR player.

Will Smith was a fantastic addition but I donít think Hamels is good anymore and think heíll get rocked next year. Soroka and Fried are nice pitchers but the Braves rotation is a question mark outside of that. They also have the makings of a strong bullpen with Jackson and Smith. Maybe Melancon still has a good year left in him.

Idk. I have the Mets winning the division, Nationals second, and Braves third. I just donít think the Braves are THAT good. Freeman, Albies and AcuŮa are great but the Braves lineup ainít great outside of them.

Idk when I compare us to every team in the East, we have the best lineup, second best rotation, and on paper, the best bullpen.

It all comes down to deploying the right guys at the right time, I think Rojas is smart enough to know that.

I don't know where I stand on the Braves. They're not an 83 win team but I don't think they're a 97 win team like they were last year either. They could be anywhere from division winner to 4th place but that describes the whole division besides the Marlins. The talent and breaks are separated by a **** hair. Its literally going to be about who is the healthiest and who has the inter-division record.

The thing the Braves have that the rest of the division doesn't is a deep farm system. They are the best equipped to make an impact trade and they have some good prospects who are major league ready this year and can contribute.

Look, even if you, I, YS and others are optimistic, its easy to see the pitfalls. We'll see but I like our chances and obviously many of the projection systems do as well. McNeil, Nimmo, Davis, Alonso, Rosario, Ramos, Conforto, Cano/Lowrie, Cespedes, Smith is a very good offensive team and I like their bullpen a lot.
    Last edited by metswon69; 02-16-2020 at 01:44 AM.

I like them too.

I think they have the same amount of talent as the Braves, Nats and they are better than the Phils for sure.

I think the Mets can win the division and Iíll say they win 95 games.

I think Wilson, Lugo, and Brach are safe bets for what youíre gonna get in terms of production. I think Gsellman has a make or break year, Diaz and Familia have to bounce back, itís borderline impossible that they repeat last years performance.

I see Diaz pitching to a 3 ERA, 13 K/9, and 1 HR/9 which would be absolutely fantastic to have.

Familia is a huge wildcard, I do think his weight loss will help him but I donít know how good heíll actually be. I canít project jack **** for him.

Betances if healthy and able to keep the walls under control, I think can be a fantastic addition. I could easily see a 1 - 1.5 win season out of him.

More than liking the bullpen, I like the fact that we have genuinely decent replacement pitchers in case guys suck. I mentioned in the other thread, Wacha is a great guy to have in the pen, could also be the 6th man to start out the season. I wouldnít be against that for April/May. Drew Smith should be coming back, Kilomť should be coming back, Peterson is likely big league ready and could start helping by being put in the pen.

I do think that we should make a few more minor league signings to get guys up on the depth chart.

As far as projections go, itís always down on people who had good years and up for people who had bad ones. I think the Mets have three 4+ win hitters in McNeil, Conforto and Alonso. I think Rosario and Nimmo are 3 win players, and I think JD and Dom can both be 2 win players this year. Idk, I think our offense has the most potential out of anybody.
    If Trump can become president with no political background then I don't understand why I need a resumť

1-A
    2-B
    3-B
    4-B
    5-A

I just wanted to homage to the band that gave us Warterloo.
    Genius!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by n8ghee View Post
    Alright fellas, Iíd like to gage our forums confidence level on a few different ďwhatís more likelyĒ scenarios. Just pick A or B on which you think is the more likely thing to happen:

A. Pete has a similar season to last year
    B. McNeil has a similar season to last year

A. Cano has a season similar to his numbers in 2018
    B. Diaz has a season similar to 2018

A. Rosario becomes a top 10 shortstop
    B. JD Davis becomes a top 10 left fielder

A. Syndergaard limits the hits per 9 innings to 7 or less
    B. Conforto bats .285 or better with Runners on base

A. JoeGamer smiles
    B. Dugmet returns

#1 Alonso will probably regress some. He may do better with his BA and OBP, but I'm thinking he hits in the upper 30s in homers. McNeil will IMO be the same or better than last year. He finally hit for power. I always projected he would hit for around 25 homers.

#2 I think Cano was hampered by injuries and he should do better. As for Diaz, I think he is much better than last year, but I don't see him replicating 2018. That is a hard act to follow. But he will still be very very good this year, I think.

#3 I still have my doubts about Rosario. Davis should be playing RF with that arm. Perhaps if there is an injury god forbid he might play some 3B. Then again, he might also be traded. I like him a lot but his defense is an issue both in LF and 3B. If part of a trade package, I have to get something back really good.

#4 This may be Syndergaards best year in the majors. You take anything for granted, but I think Thor is ready for a Cy Youngesc season. Not sure about Conforto. If he repeats what he did last year, I'm happy with that.

#5 A?

Page 11 of 32 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast