Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 34 of 36 FirstFirst ... 243233343536 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    So your intention is that common folk, Billionaires & millionaires can get tested.

Why not just say everyone. Unless that wasnít your intention and now you are back peddling.
    Can common folk get repeated tests or everyday testing for the coronavirus? Can they get antibody testing regularly? The answer to that question is no. In NY, you have to schedule an appointment at a predetermined location. I know that because my mom is an essential worker on Long Island and there is a website (covid19screening.health.ny.gov) to schedule a test.

Normal folk have to go to work if they are deemed essential even without daily testing. MLB players and personnel presumably won't and will force MLB and/or the owners to pay for that in the process. That's not something you and I can do or can force our employer to do.

What part of availability is so hard for you to understand?
    Last edited by metswon69; 05-11-2020 at 10:48 PM.

I thought this thread was about Spring Training.
    :-(

Quote Originally Posted by Halfmiler2 View Post
    I thought this thread was about Spring Training.
    :-(
    What spring training? If we do get baseball it would be summer training lol.

Joking aside, the conditions that need to be met for baseball to come back is about the only thing we can talk about.

@baseballamerica
    A universal DH would be a boon to Mets 1B/OF Dominic Smith.

He quietly hit .282/.355/.525 with 11 home runs in 89 games before getting hurt last year.

He tops our list of players who would benefit from a NL DH:

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Smith and Yo along with JD.

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    Smith and Yo along with JD.
    Lowrie too. Iíve always been opposed to the DH coming to the NL but itís inevitable and we are built for it better than most right now so bring it on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    @baseballamerica
    A universal DH would be a boon to Mets 1B/OF Dominic Smith.

He quietly hit .282/.355/.525 with 11 home runs in 89 games before getting hurt last year.

He tops our list of players who would benefit from a NL DH:
    Dom was the first guy I thought about...then remembered we have Cespedes too lol

Quote Originally Posted by ManningToTyree View Post
    Lowrie too. Iíve always been opposed to the DH coming to the NL but itís inevitable and we are built for it better than most right now so bring it on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Who?

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Ron was always a classy player.

NY sports teams can start train camps.

Woo-Hoo

Now there's the issue of trying to find a reasonable agreement where the players play. Right now, the owners are really giving the players little incentive to accept anything that's on the table.

Fact is the players are taking on all the risk and making all the sacrifices. You can't just tell them we'll split revenue 50/50 down the middle and offer little else as added motivation.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Now there's the issue of trying to find a reasonable agreement where the players play. Right now, the owners are really giving the players little incentive to accept anything that's on the table.

Fact is the players are taking on all the risk and making all the sacrifices. You can't just tell them we'll split revenue 50/50 down the middle and offer little else as added motivation.
    If theres a risk there shouldnt be a game. No risk is worthwhile. Please dont tell me players are using "risk" as a bargaining chip for more money.

Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    If theres a risk there shouldnt be a game. No risk is worthwhile. Please dont tell me players are using "risk" as a bargaining chip for more money.
    I think some if not many might. If the owners said we will pay you your full salary no matter how many games are played and we don't care if we play to empty stands, the plethora if not not more of the players would be at training facilities before you could say Donn Clendennon !!!

That is not quite what the fine print said which is open to different interpretations.

In any events, the players are now asking for a 114 games season which would push the regular season to the end of October and playoffs (if not canceled) past Thanksgiving. But they could get more than 2/3s their salary.

The owners are saying if the players want a full pro-rata share of salaries that they can afford a 50 to 60 game season. That would get the players about a third of their salaries.

I hope sanity prevails and we go back to a half season (82 games) and the players and owners agree to salary deferrals to help with the cash-flow problems this year, but no further big cuts.

Page 34 of 36 FirstFirst ... 243233343536 LastLast