Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 22 of 32 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by AUDIT View Post
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. In my mind Lugo is the closer. In fact, you really have two closers in Diaz and Lugo, which you might could go with. Lugo was that good last season. I know it would be nice for Lugo and he certainly want it, to be a starter, but right now he is more valuable in the BP. Right he is a stud reliever, and he was the best reliever in baseball the second half. I'd rather have the Lugo in the BP version than say the Lugo as a #3 starter. Why mess with success.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, the Mets will have the best BP in the NL, and possibly in MLB.
    You can't make Lugo the closer because he cant pitch on back to back days. Those situations happen for closers all the time. I agree the bullpen needs the depth though. That's just how it is in this day and age where most SP are going 5 innings. Because more successful innings means more value. I get the prevailing opinion is to leave him in the pen though. He's their most clutch RP and its hard to replace that.

I just dont really want him opening games. If he's going to start, let him start.

Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    I actually think Lugo would be excellent as a starter.

The dude simply knows how to pitch. He was solid as a starter when he got the chance in 2018, but it was a SSS. The idea that his fastball doesn’t work as a starter is wrong too. He throws 1 MPH harder from the pen, but that’s not a huge difference.

I think Lugo’s floor as a starter would be a #3. With how he dominates in the pen over multiple innings, I think he has higher potential than a #3 as a starter. If the rotation is struggling or getting injured while the pen is strong, I would move Lugo to the rotation.
    I see that the people under 60 seem to agree a lot around here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If Trump can become president with no political background then I don't understand why I need a resumé

Diaz in mid season form.

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    Diaz in mid season form.
    Lmao came here to post this

Tough way to start ST. Doesn’t inspire confidence

Very impressed with Cordell. He deserves a shot to make the roster.

With Diaz it feels like every at bat will either be a K or a hit. Is he capable of allowing contact and still getting outs.

Feb. 26 but still, the guy looks very hittable. It's almost as if the Astros knew what pitches he was throwing.
    "Ain't got the call no more. Got a lot of sinful idears – but they seem kinda sensible...."

Very impressed with Cordell. He deserves a shot to make the roster.
    Hard to see another OF taking lowrie’s spot with the logjam there. Seems like guillormes to lose unless Cordell can play the IF? I’m not very familiar with him.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    You can't make Lugo the closer because he cant pitch on back to back days. Those situations happen for closers all the time. I agree the bullpen needs the depth though. That's just how it is in this day and age where most SP are going 5 innings. Because more successful innings means more value. I get the prevailing opinion is to leave him in the pen though. He's their most clutch RP and its hard to replace that.

I just dont really want him opening games. If he's going to start, let him start.
    How do you know Lugo can't pitch back to back days? Because somebody told you that. First off, let me ask you how many times in the last 3 years has Lugo pitched back to back. The answer is twice. Second, I took a look at Chapman and Hader's game log for 2019. Chapman pitched back to back one game, Hader had no days when he pitched back to back. So it doesn't appear to me to be an issue unless you have little or no depth in the BP, which is not the case now for the Mets.

I also said the Mets really have two closers.

Quote Originally Posted by AUDIT View Post
    How do you know Lugo can't pitch back to back days? Because somebody told you that. First off, let me ask you how many times in the last 3 years has Lugo pitched back to back. The answer is twice. Second, I took a look at Chapman and Hader's game log for 2019. Chapman pitched back to back one game, Hader had no days when he pitched back to back. So it doesn't appear to me to be an issue unless you have little or no depth in the BP, which is not the case now for the Mets.

I also said the Mets really have two closers.
    Mets had that with McDowell and Orosco. Worked out well for them. Yet Orosco was left handed so that probably was another reason.

Quote Originally Posted by mookiewilson View Post
    Mets had that with McDowell and Orosco. Worked out well for them. Yet Orosco was left handed so that probably was another reason.
    In 84 they dominated in the first half before batters realized Doug Sisk's sinker was never a strike. Until then, they kept striking out or hitting into double plays. After they stopped swinging, he couldn't get anyone out, ever again. But he was good while it lasted.
    "Ain't got the call no more. Got a lot of sinful idears – but they seem kinda sensible...."

Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    In 84 they dominated in the first half before batters realized Doug Sisk's sinker was never a strike. Until then, they kept striking out or hitting into double plays. After they stopped swinging, he couldn't get anyone out, ever again. But he was good while it lasted.
    that actually sounds like Familia lol

that actually sounds like Familia lol
    You have no idea. You had to live through the Doug Sisk era to believe it. The man made Familia look like Mariano Rivera.

Syndergaard is gonna be top 5 in Cy Young voting this year.

If Trump can become president with no political background then I don't understand why I need a resumé

Page 22 of 32 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast