Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

When do you think pro sports like NFL NHL MLB and NBA expand or consider relocation

2020ís? 2030ís? Like what US cities and Canadian Cities even Mexico City could be on the list for some sports teams even overseas the NFL is looking at Europe I believe and NBA.

First in the mlb they need to move some damn teams from Fla.

So in terms of expansion cities Iím talking about in the NBA, NHL, MLB, NFL you donít see any other leagues adding new teams or teams possibly being on the move in terms of relocation in the next 10 years or decade after like in 2030? 2040?

The Tampa Bay Rays are playing games in Montreal next year so thatís a sign. Also Vancouver will probably get a basketball team again at one point.

Every NY City team except the baseball teams should move cause they have terrible management

Non troll Vegas is great for everyone

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    One More Time

There's a lot of big American cities (city limit populations of 300,000 or more) without any major league sports teams who should be considered for expansion or relocation. No matter the sport, fans in those cities would go nuts and run to the ticket booths. The NHL should consider more Canadian cities like London, Halifax, Hamilton, and Quebec (who used to have the Nordiques).

The OP mentioned Mexico City. Nobody realizes that Mexico has a lot of major cities besides MC, and some are closer to America. Mexicali (in the same state as Tijuana) and Leůn (240 miles north of Mexico City) are cities that haven't (yet) been overrun by drug cartels or have criminal police forces. MC is enormous, resulting in crime and traffic being potential problems. However, language adaptation could be a strain for American and Canadian athletes anywhere in Mexico.
    Last edited by MidwestJimmy; 02-19-2020 at 12:54 PM.

Do you think Austin Texas is a good city to support a NBA NHL NFL or MLB team one day in the next decade or two? Probably not the Spurs because they only play and hour and a half away from Austin at the AT&T center but I read somewhere that Las Vegas is trying to lure the Spurs but I donít know how likely that will happen the franchise contract lease at AT&T center isnít up until 2032. So we will see. But I just think Austin is a growing city their population is booming and they are a big tech hub seems like a city on the rise but the problem is itís a college town but Iíve heard rumors of a NFL team.

Quote Originally Posted by SmartCritic2007 View Post
    Do you think Austin Texas is a good city to support a NBA NHL NFL or MLB team one day in the next decade or two?
    The Austin Troubadours.

With the coronavirus pandemic being a big topic right now in our country will this give the NBA, NFL, MLB, NHL, more time to think about relocation and expansion in other US cities and maybe Canada & Mexico?