Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
Results 136 to 150 of 186
  1. #136
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    7,884
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    Zion is already better than Randle 8 games into his career. And heís stronger, and more athletic. Plays smarter as well, and more team oriented. Thatís why.

    No one hates Julius for ďstrong movesĒ. People hate Julius for destroying the flow of the offense. Making 13 moves, spins, fakes. Turning the ball over a lot. And playing bad defense. I wish he would get the ball, and make a quick, decisive move. Would make him a lot more efficient

    Youíre not doing Randle any favors by comparing him to Zion. Heís coming in and doing exactly what people expected
    Quit being a Zion Homer without looking at the facts... Zion's fg% is not higher than Julius, Zion turns the ball over just as much because of his style of play which is exactly like Julius with the same spin and fake moves. You must not watch any Pelicans games.

    Julius also passes the ball just as much as Zion, he is longer than Zion so he doesn't need to be as athletic and lately, Julius has been playing good Defense.

    Give it up when Randle plays well man damn... I don't like Payton but I give it up when he plays well because he is a Knick and I want him to be a good player.

    See you are star struck with the Zion hype from sports center with all the catchy tunes and highlight dunks but dive into the film and the numbers and no one in the NBA is as similar as Zion as Randle. Who is better, we will see. I would venture to say that Zion is playing with much better talent around him too. Ingram is who we wish Knox would be, Ball is a lot like Payton, Haynes is a lot like Mitch but where is our Jrue Holiday? Frank may never get there. Where is our favors? Portis maybe. Teams are structured very similarly though.

  2. #137
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    15,627
    I get rooting for wins, but these wins will only add to your suffering in the long run. All of this is just incredibly short sighted.

  3. #138
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    35,018
    Quote Originally Posted by smood999 View Post
    Trade ups donít happen that often in the NBA because the talent pool simply isnít large enough. This is especially true in weak drafts. When they do happen is usually within the same perceived tier.

    If you want to argue that thereís no difference picking 5 or 8 this year, then fine. Itís still the Knicks missing out on top prospects. The top guys will end up on other teams and theyíll just end up chasing them via trade or free agency like usual.

    Everything is ok though. Itís not like we havenít seen this play out exactly this way for the last 20 years.
    Anything less than a top 3 pick after giving away our best prospect in the last 20 years will test my patience unlike anything this franchise has done to date.

  4. #139
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    15,627
    Quote Originally Posted by Knicks Boogie View Post
    Quit being a Zion Homer without looking at the facts... Zion's fg% is not higher than Julius, Zion turns the ball over just as much because of his style of play which is exactly like Julius with the same spin and fake moves. You must not watch any Pelicans games.

    Julius also passes the ball just as much as Zion, he is longer than Zion so he doesn't need to be as athletic and lately, Julius has been playing good Defense.

    Give it up when Randle plays well man damn... I don't like Payton but I give it up when he plays well because he is a Knick and I want him to be a good player.

    See you are star struck with the Zion hype from sports center with all the catchy tunes and highlight dunks but dive into the film and the numbers and no one in the NBA is as similar as Zion as Randle. Who is better, we will see. I would venture to say that Zion is playing with much better talent around him too. Ingram is who we wish Knox would be, Ball is a lot like Payton, Haynes is a lot like Mitch but where is our Jrue Holiday? Frank may never get there. Where is our favors? Portis maybe. Teams are structured very similarly though.
    Zion is 19. Randle is 25. Even if you think they are comparable now, what does that mean for next year and beyond?

  5. #140
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    33,785
    Quote Originally Posted by Knicks Boogie View Post
    Quit being a Zion Homer without looking at the facts... Zion's fg% is not higher than Julius, Zion turns the ball over just as much because of his style of play which is exactly like Julius with the same spin and fake moves. You must not watch any Pelicans games.

    Julius also passes the ball just as much as Zion, he is longer than Zion so he doesn't need to be as athletic and lately, Julius has been playing good Defense.

    Give it up when Randle plays well man damn... I don't like Payton but I give it up when he plays well because he is a Knick and I want him to be a good player.

    See you are star struck with the Zion hype from sports center with all the catchy tunes and highlight dunks but dive into the film and the numbers and no one in the NBA is as similar as Zion as Randle. Who is better, we will see. I would venture to say that Zion is playing with much better talent around him too. Ingram is who we wish Knox would be, Ball is a lot like Payton, Haynes is a lot like Mitch but where is our Jrue Holiday? Frank may never get there. Where is our favors? Portis maybe. Teams are structured very similarly though.
    57 is not higher than 45?

  6. #141
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    47,067
    Quote Originally Posted by smood999 View Post
    Trade ups donít happen that often in the NBA because the talent pool simply isnít large enough. This is especially true in weak drafts.

    If you want to argue that thereís no difference picking 5 or 8 this year, then fine. Itís still the Knicks missing out on top prospects. The top guys will end up on other teams and theyíll just end up chasing them via trade or free agency like usual.

    Everything is ok though. Itís not like we havenít seen this play out exactly this way for the last 20 years.
    You can say the same things over and over but it doesnít make them true. The Knicks always start off on the right path then **** it up. We were on the right path and gradually improving with Donnie Walsh then we pushed him out, we were gradually improving before going all in on Noah and Rose, we were moving in the right direction before we ruin our relationship with KP and made a terrible trade. We have not being doing the same thing ever year for 20 years


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

  7. #142
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    15,627
    Quote Originally Posted by Hustla23 View Post
    Anything less than a top 3 pick after giving away our best prospect in the last 20 years will test my patience unlike anything this franchise has done to date.
    Itís dumb and I donít understand what others are missing about this.

  8. #143
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    15,627
    Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    You can say the same things over and over but it doesnít make them true. The Knicks always start off on the right path then **** it up. We were on the right path and gradually improving with Donnie Walsh then we pushed him out, we were gradually improving before going all in on Noah and Rose, we were moving in the right direction before we ruin our relationship with KP and made a terrible trade. We have not being doing the same thing ever year for 20 years


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    For the last 20 years theyíve prioritized free agency and trades, constantly chasing other teamís players, while failing to build a foundation of their own.

    The draft has never been a priority and theyíve constantly operated like they are a better team than they are.

    What did I miss?

    The right directions that you speak of were always with free agency in mind over anything else.

    Only certain types of players can move franchises forward. If you donít draft them, you have to trade for them or sign them. For the last 20 years, the Knicks have mostly finished with 29-33 wins taking them out of position to draft any of the top guys in the years that theyíve had their pick. Instead, theyíve been forced to chase them in other ways and it hasnít worked. Theyíve come close, but it hasnít worked.

    Whatís the harm in putting the team in a better position to maybe get their own star player instead of ignoring that possibility to just hope that one becomes disgruntled?

    Unlike any other league, the NBA is usually dominated by a select few players for generations at a time and most of them were not drafted where the Knicks typically pick.

    You know what teams donít operate like this, small market teams. They know where they stand and donít pretend like they are going to land a big fish via free agency. Because of that, they try to build organically. Despite the amount of times theyíve been burned, the Knicks still continue to go big game hunting and thatís how we end up in this position over and over again.

    Even if they donít intend on going that route initially, constantly missing out on the top players in the draft forces them to.
    Last edited by smood999; 02-09-2020 at 12:48 PM.

  9. #144
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    47,067

    Game #53- Knicks @ Piston- Knicks going for 4 straight wins

    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    57 is not higher than 45?
    57 in 8 games with one terrible shooting night in Milk. Take that one game out and Iím sure he is over 70% lol. Zion is the best finisher in the NBA. Him and Randle are comparable but curry and Ellington are to. They can both shoot


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by ewing; 02-09-2020 at 02:27 PM.
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

  10. #145
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    33,785
    we could be taking a look at Lamar Peters, instead Ellington is playing over him & Dotson too.

    we could be taking a look at Wooten, instead Portis & Taj are playing.

    We could be starting Mitch like we did last year after the ASB, but he doesn't fit with Randle so he's on the bench, hasn't even played 20 minutes during this win streak because meaningless wins against tanking teams are priority numero uno right now.

    we could be taking a look at Frank at the wing for once, instead Bullock is playing 30mpg.

    we are not even trying or experimenting, Miller has had the same lineup and rotation that Fiz had.

    yes I disagree with playing Payton big minutes over frank & dsjr also, but it's not just about Payton. there's so many other things we aren't even trying.
    Last edited by nycericanguy; 02-09-2020 at 12:32 PM.

  11. #146
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    1,494
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    we could be taking a look at Lamar Peters, instead Ellington is playing over him & Dotson too.

    we could be taking a look at Wooten, instead Portis & Taj are playing.

    We could be starting Mitch like we did last year after the ASB, but he doesn't fit with Randle so he's on the bench, hasn't even played 20 minutes during this win streak because meaningless wins against tanking teams are priority numero uno right now.

    we could be taking a look at Frank at the wing for once, instead Bullock is playing 30mpg.

    we are not even trying or experimenting, Miller has had the same lineup and rotation that Fiz had.

    yes I disagree with playing Payton big minutes over frank & dsjr also, but it's not just about Payton. there's so many other things we aren't even trying.
    Sadly I agree but Miller's job is to win. And I think he is a good Coach.

    GM should not have signed all these middling FA last summer.

    They win you 5-10 games and get you out of the top end of the lottery.

  12. #147
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    7,884
    Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post
    I hear you, but you also at the same time don't want to see ugly BB and have vets getting minutes.

    This is not new, it happens every year and to the bottom teams.......when to start playing the young players to see if they belong. But around here they'd keep doing it 4-5-6 years lol. Frank's in year 3, Dot's in year 3, DsJ is in year 3, I mean there are what 29 games left, these guys almost have 3 seasons under their belts, and I don't see the alarm clock going off.

    And what's ironic is when you say hey this guy closed out the year good last year, you get well those were meaningless minutes on a bad team?

    So why play the young guys if it's so meaningless? Too many damn clichť's, it's not meaningless games when teams your playing are vying for a playoff position and home court.............that comment always gets me.
    I agree, every game is meaningful to 19-21 year players who are still adjusting to their bodies. These guys are kids just coming out of puberty... I think every player should get until 25 years old to show their worth. Plus we can keep them for cheap.

    Still you said you like Woods, well he is the prime example... Been bouncing around the NBA for 5 seasons and now at 25 he looks like he could be a consistent 20-10 guy moving forward. Still young too.

    Guys like Knox and Frank just haven't found their role yet but guys like DSJ and Dot just have to be more consistent.

    I like all 3 of those young guys and feel like we should keep them for cheap a few more years... Look how Monk has been playing lately. Confidence comes with experience.

  13. #148
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    7,884
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    we could be taking a look at Lamar Peters, instead Ellington is playing over him & Dotson too.

    we could be taking a look at Wooten, instead Portis & Taj are playing.

    We could be starting Mitch like we did last year after the ASB, but he doesn't fit with Randle so he's on the bench, hasn't even played 20 minutes during this win streak because meaningless wins against tanking teams are priority numero uno right now.

    we could be taking a look at Frank at the wing for once, instead Bullock is playing 30mpg.

    we are not even trying or experimenting, Miller has had the same lineup and rotation that Fiz had.

    yes I disagree with playing Payton big minutes over frank & dsjr also, but it's not just about Payton. there's so many other things we aren't even trying.
    We are winning with a lot of young players Payton and Julius are 25, Portis is 25.... DSJ, Knox, Mitch are doing their part and getting good meaningful minutes. The extra scoring we are getting from Taj, Ellington and Bullock is ok too because every team needs good vets.

    Indiana and Orlando are playoff teams so half of the teams on this winning streak are playoff teams which the Knicks should want to be.

    This draft sucks... Ball, Anthony, Wiseman... All of those kids are projects at best. You literally have NO FOOTAGE of them playing any good competition. Anthony Edwards is the jewel of the draft but I bet you there will be some 2-3 year college players with star potential available in the middle of the draft where we have 2 picks and a high 2nd rounder.

    Most of you are stuck in tank/draft mode like some kind of computer glitch.... "Max Headroom"... lol

    For all you youngsters go look it up

  14. #149
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    47,067
    Quote Originally Posted by nyknicks1969 View Post
    Sadly I agree but Miller's job is to win. And I think he is a good Coach.

    GM should not have signed all these middling FA last summer.

    They win you 5-10 games and get you out of the top end of the lottery.
    I agree. Being mad at Miller is ridiculous. The guy is doing his job.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

  15. #150
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    9,113

    Red face

    Quote Originally Posted by Knicks Boogie View Post
    Quit being a Zion Homer without looking at the facts... Zion's fg% is not higher than Julius, Zion turns the ball over just as much because of his style of play which is exactly like Julius with the same spin and fake moves. You must not watch any Pelicans games.

    Julius also passes the ball just as much as Zion, he is longer than Zion so he doesn't need to be as athletic and lately, Julius has been playing good Defense.

    Give it up when Randle plays well man damn... I don't like Payton but I give it up when he plays well because he is a Knick and I want him to be a good player.

    See you are star struck with the Zion hype from sports center with all the catchy tunes and highlight dunks but dive into the film and the numbers and no one in the NBA is as similar as Zion as Randle. Who is better, we will see. I would venture to say that Zion is playing with much better talent around him too. Ingram is who we wish Knox would be, Ball is a lot like Payton, Haynes is a lot like Mitch but where is our Jrue Holiday? Frank may never get there. Where is our favors? Portis maybe. Teams are structured very similarly though.
    You keep saying this stuff man. I just donít get it.

    Seems everyone here 100% disagrees with you.

    Iím not star struck, a homer, a highlight watcher, any of that. Iíve seen him play plenty (full games, both NBA, and at Duke). Heís coming into the league, still rounding into game shape, still learning the league at 19. And his team is winning games, heís a plus player, and heís playing his same game very efficiently, and effectively. Right now heís already several notches over Randle. Dude was a generational talent coming into the draft, and heís still looking like one. If he was playing 30+ minutes, he would be putting in all-star level work right now

    You think thereís a chance (besides injury) Zion ever signs a similar deal to what Randle did? Heís going to be a max level player forever. And if we had a better team, Randle would get the ball less, and numbers/minutes would go down. Because he would be treated like the #3/#4 option he should be.
    Last edited by ShadyOne; 02-09-2020 at 01:33 PM.

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •