Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    Going for 5....

...And 5 games out.

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba313 View Post
    Knicks postgame talking playoffs in case any one thought we were concerned about playing the young guys/draft position.

I guess when you beat an overtly tanking team by 3 on the second night of a back to back, you gotta try to make the playoffs.
    No when you win 4 in a row and possibly 3 games out of the playoffs, you talk playoffs...

The young players played more than usual that game and Ellington just went off. You know why they were highlighting him so they could waive him, save money and send him off to a contender.

Making the playoffs for the Knicks is more about building culture than anything else... Screw the draft. RJ was 1-9 tonight and he was the freaking 3rd pick... We have 2 first round draft picks, our Tony Parker, Kyle Lowry, Donovan Mitchell, K.Leonard, Jimmy Butler, Giannis, Jokic, Siakim, Gasol... Is out there in this coming draft. Knicks FO just has to identify true talent by the eye test instead of drafting popular players who will probably be projects like Melo Ball or Hampton. Only player in this draft that I'm confident will be good on the NBA level is Anthony Edwards... Outside of him it's a crap shoot and Knick haven't won a prize player in 4 straight years of draft selections.

No free agent wants to sign with a team consistently trying to tank... It's not a good look

Quote Originally Posted by Knicks Boogie View Post
    Julius... Bully Ball to it's fullest!

Zion does the exact same thing but people hate Julius for his strong moves
    Zion is already better than Randle 8 games into his career. And heís stronger, and more athletic. Plays smarter as well, and more team oriented. Thatís why.

No one hates Julius for ďstrong movesĒ. People hate Julius for destroying the flow of the offense. Making 13 moves, spins, fakes. Turning the ball over a lot. And playing bad defense. I wish he would get the ball, and make a quick, decisive move. Would make him a lot more efficient

Youíre not doing Randle any favors by comparing him to Zion. Heís coming in and doing exactly what people expected
    Last edited by ShadyOne; 02-08-2020 at 11:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kartyea View Post
    the pro tankers are sick right now, and to yall i say last season showed tanking doesn't work!

Quote Originally Posted by Knicks Boogie View Post
    Not really, is Harden, Lavine, Lillard, Walker, Towns, Curry, LeBron awful?

Those players all have potential to be good defenders but usually conserve their energy towards the offense.
    I must have missed Randle being like those guys.

I actually hope the knicks can go after Wood in FA, man would he fit with Mitch really well.

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba313 View Post
    Knicks postgame talking playoffs in case any one thought we were concerned about playing the young guys/draft position.

I guess when you beat an overtly tanking team by 3 on the second night of a back to back, you gotta try to make the playoffs.
    Yeah Iím furious

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

I just donít get why are we winning lol

Game #53- Knicks @ Piston- Knicks going for 4 straight wins

If we ever want to be good we need to play Frank big minutes until it pays off in the lottery

Last edited by ewing; 02-09-2020 at 09:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Yeah Iím furious

Look, I canít bring myself to actually be mad about the Knicks winning.

But I do wish we had some semblance of a direction for the franchise. This ainít working.

I just want to see good,winning basketball and with some of the young guys winning is not possible but even watching decent basketball is not possible either. Knox will make his few plays each game but he is hard to watch. Frank will have his good defense but offense is non-existent. DSjr. will have his flashes but his blunders will equal them. Even RJ is hard to watch at times. OK, they are young, but to give them the majority of the minutes sucks to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post
    IT waived as projected, wonder if a contender picks him up, it amazes me how a player goes from MVP caliber not long ago to being waived.
    injury is obviously a factor but also goes to show you how much a good coach & team system can help role players. so many guys (bradley, Crowder, Olynk, IT, Turner...) have left BOS/Stevens recently and just fallen off a cliff.

Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    injury is obviously a factor but also goes to show you how much a good coach & team system can help role players. so many guys (bradley, Crowder, Olynk, IT, Turner...) have left BOS/Stevens recently and just fallen off a cliff.
    was it that or maybe Boston got him at the right time at age 25? At 23 in his 3rd season with SAC he had his best career assist year and still scored 20.3, so I'm not sure coach does so much, timing and situations have a lot to do with it and in his case injury a lot.

I'd love to see him bounce back again but he's what 31? I'm sure there is a team out there that may need a quick punch off the bench for real cheap?

Quote Originally Posted by PJAF View Post
    I just want to see good,winning basketball and with some of the young guys winning is not possible but even watching decent basketball is not possible either. Knox will make his few plays each game but he is hard to watch. Frank will have his good defense but offense is non-existent. DSjr. will have his flashes but his blunders will equal them. Even RJ is hard to watch at times. OK, they are young, but to give them the majority of the minutes sucks to watch.
    I hear you, but you also at the same time don't want to see ugly BB and have vets getting minutes.

This is not new, it happens every year and to the bottom teams.......when to start playing the young players to see if they belong. But around here they'd keep doing it 4-5-6 years lol. Frank's in year 3, Dot's in year 3, DsJ is in year 3, I mean there are what 29 games left, these guys almost have 3 seasons under their belts, and I don't see the alarm clock going off.

And what's ironic is when you say hey this guy closed out the year good last year, you get well those were meaningless minutes on a bad team?

So why play the young guys if it's so meaningless? Too many damn clichť's, it's not meaningless games when teams your playing are vying for a playoff position and home court.............that comment always gets me.

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast