Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 186
  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    48,626

    Game #53- Knicks @ Piston- Knicks going for 4 straight wins

    vs


    Tonight @ 7PM MSG



    Marc Berman‏ @NYPost_Berman · 1h1 hour ago

    Allonzo Trier didn’t make trip with illness. Harkless flying in later to Detroit.
    Marc Berman‏ @NYPost_Berman · 56m56 minutes ago

    RJ Barrett expected back in starting lineup tonight in Detroit after making his return from ankle sprain off bench.



    An eventful week has obscured the fact that the New York Knicks have equaled their longest winning streak of the season.

    The Knicks have won three in a row entering their game at the Detroit Pistons on Saturday.

    They've made plenty of headlines in other ways this week. They fired president Steve Mills and replaced him with longtime agent Leon Rose. They also traded their leading scorer, forward Marcus Morris, to the Los Angeles Clippers.

    New York erased a double-digit, fourth-quarter deficit on Thursday to edge the Orlando Magic 105-103. The Knicks were coming off road victories against the Indiana Pacers and Cleveland Cavaliers.

    "We are still a team. We've still got to keep pushing," rookie guard RJ Barrett said. "We've still got to play every day and do our jobs, and we did that."

    Barrett returned to action on Thursday after missing nine games with a sprained right ankle. He had 12 points, three assists and three rebounds in 18 minutes off the bench.

    "I was sore, but fighting through it," Barrett said. "It was great to be back out there with my teammates. I just had a lot of fun out there."

    Barrett is averaging 14.0 points per game. With Morris out of the picture, New York will rely even more on him and forward Julius Randle (19.0 points per game). Randle, who has started all 50 games in which he's played this season, is averaging 19.3 points, 11.3 rebounds and 3.3 assists during the modest winning streak.

    This will be the second of four meetings between the Knicks and Pistons. Detroit won 122-102 at home on Nov. 6 behind Andre Drummond's 27 points and 12 rebounds.

    The Pistons will be playing their first home game since dealing their longtime center to Cleveland on Thursday.

    Drummond, the league's premier rebounder, held a player option on his contract for next season, and the front office preferred having salary-cap room during the offseason.

    "We are looking to rebuild," Pistons senior adviser Ed Stefanski said to NBA.com and other media members in a conference call. "What the future holds is going to be interesting. We haven't had the luxury the last two seasons of having any real cap flexibility."

    The Pistons originally hoped to make the playoffs in back-to-back seasons but they were ravaged by injuries.


    "We haven't had our projected starting lineup one time," Stefanski said. "The coach [Dwane Casey] has had to juggle lineups constantly. We were always discussing that we were probably going to have to rebuild here because we were in the middle of the pack. It's not the place we want to be in or the fans want to be in."

    Drummond's replacement in the lineup, Christian Wood, had a big statistical game against the Oklahoma City Thunder on Friday, compiling 27 points, 12 rebounds and five assists. But it wasn't enough as Detroit lost the road game 108-101.

    The Pistons played short-handed, as Derrick Rose, Svi Mykhailiuk and Markieff Morris, among others, missed the game due to injuries. The players acquired from the Cavaliers, Brandon Knight and John Henson, have not yet joined the club but could be available on Saturday.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    842

    Thumbs up #53 New York Knicks (16-36) at Detroit Pistons (19-35): Post Trade Deadline Fallout


    The Knicks travel to Motown for a showdown with the Pistons sans Drummond & Griffin, hoping to extend the win streak and come within striking distance of the #8th seed in the playoffs.

    Coming out of the trade deadline, no one...I mean, no one blinked an eye when the Pistons basically traded Andre Drummond to the Cleveland Cavs for a bag of balls. The Jump talked about the trade for 6 seconds. The Ringer just shrugged. That makes me wonder...

    Detroit has made the playoffs 42/72 seasons with three championships. Last season they were 86'd from the first round. Similarly they didn't get anywhere in the first round of the 2015 playoffs. It has management convinced that they need to break up the roster and look to the draft. There's a problem...

    The 2020 NBA Draft is thin on talent.

    Meanwhile the Knicks are hoping a big name agent as Team President whose connections to a firm and clients will make the Knicks more appealable to unrestricted free agents. None of Leon Rose's alpha clients are UFA for at least 2-4 seasons. Hiring Leon Rose who has a sub .500 Knicks team with mediocre youth and a boatload of First Rounders...

    Yes, New York will be returning to the Isiah Thomas years where the Knicks will trade assets for superstars and big contracts. Dolan is hoping, this time it works.

    Having moved Marcus Morris Sr, the Knicks haven't missed a beat and best Orlando Magic. With RJ Barrett back and a soft schedule the Knicks can now, see themselves as Playoff hopefuls.
    Last edited by Dr. Detfink; 02-08-2020 at 01:51 PM.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    65,720

    Game #53- Knicks @ Piston- Knicks going for 4 straight wins

    You guys are gonna have to do rock, paper, scissors next time nice work though!

    Lets go for 4 tonight!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    48,626
    Hey Young

    Don't really care you can delete my thread, only need one or we will be all over the place lol.

    thanks

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    48,626
    oops sorry it's been a while forgot it take a few minutes lol to move things.

    Great job

  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    48,626
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    You guys are gonna have to do rock, paper, scissors next time nice work though!

    Lets go for 4 tonight!
    nah he can do it believe me lol.......but he was 49 min behind the times lol

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    48,626
    Actually and in sports I've always been superstitious but Dr has won 3 straight and the last loss was my thread..........oh boy lol

    I would have kept his lol

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    7,727
    Knicks finally have some pretty good perimeter defenders and have been playing good team defense. With Pistons, Hawks and Wizards to play before the all-star break the Knicks could have 19 wins and in the 9th seed.

    Payton / DSJ
    RJ / Frank
    Harkless / Bullock
    Randle / Knox
    Mitch / Gibson

    I like Dot and Trier but Frank and Bullock are better defenders and Knox is probably better off as a stretch 4.

    Time for Mitch to start because Gibson can do what he did against the Cavs from off the bench.

    This should be a win, I don't know how the Pistons will match our inside presence and they have no one protecting the paint now.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    65,720

    Game #53- Knicks @ Piston- Knicks going for 4 straight wins

    Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post
    oops sorry it's been a while forgot it take a few minutes lol to move things.

    Great job
    No problem.

    See, the little things

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    65,720

    Game #53- Knicks @ Piston- Knicks going for 4 straight wins

    Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post
    Actually and in sports I've always been superstitious but Dr has won 3 straight and the last loss was my thread..........oh boy lol

    I would have kept his lol
    If we lose tonight, I’m putting it on you Still lol

    Yours came first so I gave you priority haha

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    65,720
    Quote Originally Posted by Knicks Boogie View Post
    Knicks finally have some pretty good perimeter defenders and have been playing good team defense. With Pistons, Hawks and Wizards to play before the all-star break the Knicks could have 19 wins and in the 9th seed.

    Payton / DSJ
    RJ / Frank
    Harkless / Bullock
    Randle / Knox
    Mitch / Gibson

    I like Dot and Trier but Frank and Bullock are better defenders and Knox is probably better off as a stretch 4.

    Time for Mitch to start because Gibson can do what he did against the Cavs from off the bench.

    This should be a win, I don't know how the Pistons will match our inside presence and they have no one protecting the paint now.
    I forgot Harkless is playing tonight lol

    He’s a good, versatile defender who can guard 3s, 4s, and 5s and is efficient on offense.

    That’s why he’s been able to stay in the league.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    65,720

    Game #53- Knicks @ Piston- Knicks going for 4 straight wins

    This would be my realistic rotation tonight:

    Randle/Mitch
    Harkless/Knox
    Barrett/Bullock
    Dotson/Frank
    Payton/DSJ

    I think Harkless fits better with Randle than Morris actually. Harkless has a 7’2” wingspan and provides much more rim protection than Morris did. So I think we can get away with Randle at the 5 offensively. The floor spacing would be much better.

    Can mix in Portis/Gibson here and there if needed.
    Last edited by YoungStuna; 02-08-2020 at 03:07 PM.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    48,626
    Listen I'm one of the biggest St Johns you may ever see, many ties to them and Lou.

    Like Harkless but he's not going to move the dial, he's a SF that will play PF some. He is just another player we added that is not a threat from three, and terrible FT shooter.

    Starting him over Bullock? and starting him tonight Boogie when he is just flying in tonight for warmups?

    He's 26 been in the league since 19, and I don't understand for his career why he don't board more, I've followed him and he's been pretty consistent in most areas, and his assists well just say under 1 per that is not going to help any young guys develop.

    I think he'll get some minutes but how he got that 4 yr 40m contract, well have to ask Portland that question.

    If I had to guess though he may see some minutes as Randles back up maybe with Mitch on the court or could be better with Portis.

    I don't see Bullock losing minutes to Mo at this point

  14. #14
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    48,626
    Steve Popper‏Verified account @StevePopper · 1h1 hour ago


    Mike Miller said RJ Barrett will likely return to the starting lineup tonight with Bullock remaining the starter at small forward. Harkless will be available - and play if he feels he's ready.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    65,720

    Game #53- Knicks @ Piston- Knicks going for 4 straight wins

    Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post
    Listen I'm one of the biggest St Johns you may ever see, many ties to them and Lou.

    Like Harkless but he's not going to move the dial, he's a SF that will play PF some. He is just another player we added that is not a threat from three, and terrible FT shooter.

    Starting him over Bullock? and starting him tonight Boogie when he is just flying in tonight for warmups?

    He's 26 been in the league since 19, and I don't understand for his career why he don't board more, I've followed him and he's been pretty consistent in most areas, and his assists well just say under 1 per that is not going to help any young guys develop.

    I think he'll get some minutes but how he got that 4 yr 40m contract, well have to ask Portland that question.

    If I had to guess though he may see some minutes as Randles back up maybe with Mitch on the court or could be better with Portis.

    I don't see Bullock losing minutes to Mo at this point
    Moe shouldn’t play 3 anymore.

    He’s perfect as a stretch 4. Maybe he’ll grab more rebounds playing the 4. He’s shooting 37% from 3 this year, 35% in the last 4 years so not bad and definitely better than Randle. He’s gives much more defensive versatility. He and Frank could be dangerous on the floor together with some scorers.

    Bullock has been trash. Where’s that shot? He’s shooting a career worst from 3PT land (30.9%). I don’t know why he’s been playing so much, he had a few good games when he first came back from injury, but he’s been mostly bad ever since.
    Last edited by YoungStuna; 02-08-2020 at 03:55 PM.

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •