Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Quote Originally Posted by Bramaca View Post
    https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/tru...-ban-1.5552131

So Trudeau has brought in the assault gun ban. Being from western Canada this is not a popular move. I understand both sides but some of the arguments coming out are ridiculous. A friend on FB posted about the “massive wave of murders, rape, and home invasion” that is coming because of this.

Imo for this to have much impact we have to either crack down on border control with the US or hope they tighten up their gun laws. Otherwise there’s no shortage of nice easy, cheap guns coming across the border.

This could definitely ramp up the Wexit movement even more
    Last I looked the guns were grandfathered, and the ones in stock in stores were quickly sold. Also, it's not, from what I heard, and assault weapon ban but a ban on 1500 specific weapons that are considered assault weapons. What is to keep manufacturers from making a slightly different gun with a different model and selling it legally?

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    Last I looked the guns were grandfathered, and the ones in stock in stores were quickly sold. Also, it's not, from what I heard, and assault weapon ban but a ban on 1500 specific weapons that are considered assault weapons. What is to keep manufacturers from making a slightly different gun with a different model and selling it legally?
    I don’t think there is any grandfathering of the guns. People have two years to either sell them out of country or turn them in. After that anyone in possession of them can be criminally charged. Also think the law has specifications that describes what is included beyond just the listed weapons which would cover a lot of slight changes manufacturers can make.

Quote Originally Posted by Bramaca View Post
    https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/tru...-ban-1.5552131

So Trudeau has brought in the assault gun ban. Being from western Canada this is not a popular move. I understand both sides but some of the arguments coming out are ridiculous. A friend on FB posted about the “massive wave of murders, rape, and home invasion” that is coming because of this.

Imo for this to have much impact we have to either crack down on border control with the US or hope they tighten up their gun laws. Otherwise there’s no shortage of nice easy, cheap guns coming across the border.

This could definitely ramp up the Wexit movement even more
    I'm from western Canada too. I'm indifferent to it because nobody should have assault weapons, but it isnt going to stop mass murders or criminals from getting them because the US manufactures them by the millions in anticipation for the coming British invasion and our border can't be sealed.

And Wexit is ridiculous.

The Lost Boys of PSD

Quote Originally Posted by statquo View Post
    I'm from western Canada too. I'm indifferent to it because nobody should have assault weapons, but it isnt going to stop mass murders or criminals from getting them because the US manufactures them by the millions in anticipation for the coming British invasion and our border can't be sealed.

And Wexit is ridiculous.
    I’m sort of indifferent to it also. I don’t have any guns and this doesn’t affect me in any way but I know a lot of people who are and see why they aren’t happy. A lot of the weapons banned are sort of iffy about falling into the assault gun category.

As for Wexit, I wouldn’t push for it but I don’t think I’d fight it either if it happened. The biggest issue I have with the idea is how partisan it is. I’m not conservative and the entire idea right now is based on hard right grievances.
    There are certainly a lot of issues that Ottawa does a really poor job on concerning the west.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234