Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 31 to 44 of 44
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Hell on Earth- Missouri
    Posts
    13,365
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Be careful. Despite the Trump/Republicans who use that term as a synonym for citizen of the United States, an American is any individual across the North and South American continent including people from Mexico and other Central American countries that they fight so hard to keep out of the United States. So when they say America First, it's weird that they use that as an attack on their fellow Americans.
    Pretty certain that the entire world uses the term 'American' when defining a citizen of the United States of America. The fact that you are representing this as a Trump/Republican mistake is literally one of the most partisan takes you've had to date. And you've had a zillion of them.

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    31,130
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Be careful. Despite the Trump/Republicans who use that term as a synonym for citizen of the United States, an American is any individual across the North and South American continent including people from Mexico and other Central American countries that they fight so hard to keep out of the United States. So when they say America First, it's weird that they use that as an attack on their fellow Americans.
    North "America" shouldn't be part of America at all. Amerigo Vespucci never came to this continent. The naming was done in error. He also thought South America was Asia.

    We need a new name for our continent.

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    31,130
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncsinmo View Post
    Pretty certain that the entire world uses the term 'American' when defining a citizen of the United States of America. The fact that you are representing this as a Trump/Republican mistake is literally one of the most partisan takes you've had to date. And you've had a zillion of them.
    If all your friends jumped off a bridge would you? Lots of people being wrong doesn't mean we have to be wrong too does it?

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Hell on Earth- Missouri
    Posts
    13,365
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    If all your friends jumped off a bridge would you? Lots of people being wrong doesn't mean we have to be wrong too does it?
    The fact that the entire world regards citizens of the United States of America as 'Americans' just got compared to 'would you jump off to'. You simply can't make this **** up.

    And the poster I replied to said that it was Trumpeters/Republicans making this mistake. You chose the jumping off a bridge analogy to this?
    Last edited by dbroncsinmo; 02-11-2020 at 12:36 AM.

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Rogers Centre
    Posts
    21,527
    Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Have you guys decided if you are French or Canadian yet?

    Also, what's going on with the Moose? (the plural of Moose is Moose right?)
    I’d say Canadian. All the frenchies want to make Quebec like Puerto Rico or something.

    Mooses sounds weird as hell but wouldn’t that be the right way of saying it because the singular form ends with an e?

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    31,130
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncsinmo View Post
    The fact that the entire world regards citizens of the United States of America as 'Americans' just got compared to 'would you jump off to'. You simply can't make this **** up.

    And the poster I replied to said that it was Trumpeters/Republicans making this mistake. You chose the jumping off a bridge analogy to this?
    Your sense of humor is not engaged.

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    31,130
    Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    I’d say Canadian. All the frenchies want to make Quebec like Puerto Rico or something.

    Mooses sounds weird as hell but wouldn’t that be the right way of saying it because the singular form ends with an e?
    Meese.

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    6,038
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    Meese.
    He was more an elephant than a moose.

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    73,344
    Quote Originally Posted by Daaaarryyl View Post
    Canada?? LOL

    I'm an American and most of us here are from the USA.


    You think I care about another countries domestic issues/politics/disagreements when I'm a citizen of the United States of America? LOL!!!

    I like Canada, but we have our own problems inland to concern ourselves with before stepping our toes into what's going on upland.

    Besides it would be embarrasing to discuss something that has nothing to do with me, my family, my job, my paycheck or my life.

    Quite the take coming from a guy who isn't an active member of this forum.

    Top notch posting. I love it.
    PSD'S RESIDENT BERNIE BROTHER

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    7,767
    Well, that was off topic for a bit.

    Any thoughts from the other Canadians in here about the impact the protests and blockades against the pipelines are having.

    https://www.cbc.ca/news/business/dis...nomy-1.5461212

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    73,344
    Surprised FNK, this forum's most prominent Canadian, has nothing to say about Canadian politics? Is there just not anyone repugnant enough for him to worship up there? Poor fella.
    PSD'S RESIDENT BERNIE BROTHER

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    West Side
    Posts
    12,383
    Quote Originally Posted by Bramaca View Post
    Well, that was off topic for a bit.

    Any thoughts from the other Canadians in here about the impact the protests and blockades against the pipelines are having.

    https://www.cbc.ca/news/business/dis...nomy-1.5461212
    The contrast between Canada and the US is funny sometimes. In the US, they just go ahead and blow up native burial grounds for a border wall, while in Canada our natives shut down our entire rail network because of a remote community's objections to a pipeline that was already approved by the governing bands lol.


    The Lost Boys of PSD

  13. #43
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    45,689
    Quote Originally Posted by ManRam View Post
    Surprised FNK, this forum's most prominent Canadian, has nothing to say about Canadian politics? Is there just not anyone repugnant enough for him to worship up there? Poor fella.
    He simply doesn't care about the politics or politicians of the country he actually lives in. Commenting on American race relations and Donald Trump is a form of escapism entertainment and nothing more for him.

    "there's no scraps in my scrapbook"

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    North Shore
    Posts
    10,670
    Quote Originally Posted by Bramaca View Post
    Well, that was off topic for a bit.

    Any thoughts from the other Canadians in here about the impact the protests and blockades against the pipelines are having.

    https://www.cbc.ca/news/business/dis...nomy-1.5461212
    It's an interesting situation. I didn't know much about it somive done some reading and from what I gathered is that the majority of band chiefs want the pipeline while the hereditary chiefs do not want it on their land, parts of which are untouched. The Hereditary Chiefs proposed an alternate route which Coastal Gas Link turned down because of the added cost and time it would add to the project. I personally think it should be built but if the hereditary chiefs don't and they have final say then they will be at a stalemate. I'm pretty sure a lot of the pipeline is already built? I know I applied to work at Kittimat a year and a half ago. There's a lot of misinformation out there as well, it's a natural gas pipeline which is clean energy a d it's for export to China. So basically, if you want China to become more green, we should provide them with a clean natural resource. I'm guessing this gets resolved somehow, I just don't know how.

    I also don't agree with any of the protests either, a lot of people don't even know what they are protesting

    I just read this morning that Teck has pulled out of building the mine as well, so I suspect the wexit movement will pick up some steam. As far as I'm concerned, creating another right wing national party is just going to split the vote and ensure the Liberals a probable majority in tbe next election.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •