Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 40 of 41 FirstFirst ... 3038394041 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoba Rama View Post
    I was agreeing with you. Never said you are not as good at posting as I am.
    I meant that you were better at explaining what I was trying to say to someone else earlier in this thread .

Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    Its actually scary that they polled something like 10,000 people and upwards of 20% believed that you could get the virus from Corona and since this virus has become a major issue Corona sales have dropped of tremendously.
    You telling me it's a lie? Corona virus doesn't come from Corona beer?

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoba Rama View Post
    Also re: COVID-19. One very important thing is that the government steps in to make sure health care workers are protected. Some of the personal protective equipment (PPE) needed to defend nurses, techs, PAs, NPs, and physicians when treating patients with this illness are in short supply and will run out quickly if COVID-19 spreads, which I believe it will. The government needs to take whatever aid they have and put it towards appropriate PPE. If health care workers start to go down with this and have to be quarantined for lengths of time, it will be a huge problem. Also, health care workers are in prime position to spread it to the most vulnerable people, those who are already sick, old, and/or immunocompromised. The rest of the money can and should go to community education on prevention of the spread of infection, and most importantly working on a vaccine and a cure. I have faith that we will be taking the right steps here. This has more to do with the CDC than it does the POTUS or Mike Pence though.
    I love what Cuomo did in NY. Waiving the cost of the test and any copay associated with it. Also suggesting that all workers get two weeks paid sick leave to prevent people from going to work and infecting others.

I agree that this is the CDC and WHO more than the Pres or VP.

Your perspective regarding health care workers, is very true and scary.
    It's easy for healthy and younger people to say it's no big deal, because it very likely isn't for them. But people in facilities for the elderly, sick or immunocompromised have a very different reality.

My hope is that it quickly peaks and peters out like SARS but this is spreading more quickly, so that may not be the case.

The world is coming to an end and I don't even care. As long as I can have my limo and my orange hair"

Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    You telling me it's a lie? Corona virus doesn't come from Corona beer?
    Then why did I switch to Tecate?

The world is coming to an end and I don't even care. As long as I can have my limo and my orange hair"

Quote Originally Posted by sauronthepower View Post
    According to Paul Begala..........and I can’t believe that A) I’m actually going to post in this thread and B) that I’m actually going to agree with that circus freak, but Trump could be setting up Pence being dumped from the tocket in favor of Nikki Haley with this move.

Pence invariably handles what may well be unhandleable, terribly, and Trump bumps him thereby A) deflecting criticism away from what may well be an untenable, unwinnable situation and B) completely deflates the invariable Democrat media love fest on July 16 (Begala very specifically mentions this date) by usurping the news cycle and bending it back to him.

This would definitely cause frictional rift with the conservative religious right but I think Trump is banking on that faction never bolting or abstaining when the possibility of a Biden or Bernie presidency is in the wind.
    That would be genius. Doing that attacks Biden in his own backyard.

I also wonder if Trump may start returning to his well documented, moderate views.
    If he gets re-elected, I could see him doing a 180 on many issues.

What a shock....a completely civil conversation cause someone wasn’t involved.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    I love what Cuomo did in NY. Waiving the cost of the test and any copay associated with it. Also suggesting that all workers get two weeks paid sick leave to prevent people from going to work and infecting others.

I agree that this is the CDC and WHO more than the Pres or VP.

Your perspective regarding health care workers, is very true and scary.
    It's easy for healthy and younger people to say it's no big deal, because it very likely isn't for them. But people in facilities for the elderly, sick or immunocompromised have a very different reality.

My hope is that it quickly peaks and peters out like SARS but this is spreading more quickly, so that may not be the case.
    Normally I am not in favor of the government imposing rules about sick leave, especially on private businesses. I also am not usually in favor of the government covering any type of health care costs. There are extenuating circumstances though and this is one of them. It is a potential public health crisis that could be damaging both in terms of mortality of the physically weak and to our economy. I do not agree with Cuomo 9/10 times in politics, but I do agree with him on this. I also agreed with him on his approach to Surprise Medical Billing, for the record. The arbitration process was the right thing to do and saved everyone except insurance companies money (ironically this does tie into the Yankees forum loosely, as the style of arbitration used in this approach is described as "baseball style arbitration).

Derek Jeter is a lucky man.

Leo, I. Hate. You.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

Quote Originally Posted by RCSownsU View Post
    Leo, I. Hate. You.

Well played!
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

Support Every President & The Country!

Quote Originally Posted by LeoYankee View Post
    Well played!
    [emoji144]

He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

Kamala Harris throws her support to Joe Biden "with great enthusiasm - I believe in Joe, a leader who cares about people - join me in supporting Joe"
    “Farts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.” — Aldous Huxley
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Albert Einstein
    “Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.”---- James Baldwin

They are all so ****ing FOS.

Not one of them liked Biden two months ago. Not one of them thought he should even be running. The one;y people who thought he should be running were the Dems higher ups.

Now it's time for him to make his offers of positions and get people to his side. It's so absurd and stupid to watch.
    Our Gov needs to crash and rebuild with actual people not beholden to an ideology but instead the people that actually live In this country

They might be full of ****, but given the choice what exactly should they do? Is any party or political process immune from patronage?

Sure they will all be angling for position. The luxury (?) of being a front runner. Or watch them run like lemmings (R's) once they perceive the ship going down.
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Albert Einstein
    “Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.”---- James Baldwin

Hey....look who bumped his own thread cause nobody cared anymore!
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

Support Every President & The Country!

#infected

Page 40 of 41 FirstFirst ... 3038394041 LastLast