Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 30 of 41 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast
Results 436 to 450 of 609
  1. #436
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    10,888
    Quote Originally Posted by LeoYankee View Post
    Because it should be closed. It’s ridiculous and breeds hate and negativity daily.
    I don't know Leo. It seems to be one of the most active threads this month. Some posters enjoy it and several complained about the political chatter in the OT thread, this was a compromise. You know this so why complain. It would be much easier for you to simply ignore the thread entirely if you find it upsetting and objectionable.

    What you define as hate and negativity is debatable. I would define it much differently. Politics are polarizing, more so now than ever. What you refuse to see is much of the angst and anger is the result of the corrupt person occupying the WH. You often accuse me of blindness, I can only say: none are so blind as those that refuse to see.

    #infected
    “Farts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.” — Aldous Huxley
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Albert Einstein
    “Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.”---- James Baldwin



  2. #437
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    1,011
    [QUOTE=drt1010;33392376]OK. But don't decry the hatred on one hand and contribute to it with the other.[/

    I don’t hate anyone though

  3. #438
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    10,888
    [QUOTE=Posada20;33392518]
    Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    OK. But don't decry the hatred on one hand and contribute to it with the other.[/

    I don’t hate anyone though
    Wasn't referring to you Jorge.
    “Farts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.” — Aldous Huxley
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Albert Einstein
    “Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.”---- James Baldwin



  4. #439
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    10,888
    The New York Times @nytimes
    Russia is aiding President Trump in the 2020 election, intelligence officials told lawmakers. Trump complained Democrats might exploit the news.
    https://nyti.ms/3bTBtXr

    After members of Congress were briefed about this threat, Trump fired the acting Director of National Intelligence.
    Trump is shredding the rule of law—and the integrity of our democracy.

    Cause for concern, even the most ardent Trump supporters can not be comfortable with this latest trappling of the rule of law.
    Last edited by drt1010; 02-21-2020 at 09:02 AM.
    “Farts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.” — Aldous Huxley
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Albert Einstein
    “Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.”---- James Baldwin



  5. #440
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    7,333
    Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    The New York Times @nytimes
    Russia is aiding President Trump in the 2020 election, intelligence officials told lawmakers. Trump complained Democrats might exploit the news.
    https://nyti.ms/3bTBtXr

    After members of Congress were briefed about this threat, Trump fired the acting Director of National Intelligence.
    Trump is shredding the rule of law—and the integrity of our democracy.

    Cause for concern, even the most ardent Trump supporters can not be comfortable with this latest trappling of the rule of law.
    Interesting article. However, I wouldn't be so quick to argue that the Russians are helping Trump by interfering in the Democratic primaries. To the degree that the intelligence committees jump to that conclusion and notify Adam Schiff and others of their theories is possibly problematic. I believe that it is equally possible that they would interfere to get Bernie Sanders the nomination and if they do, I wonder how it would be portrayed to the media. Also, if I were a betting man, they'd favor a Sanders Warren ticket over a Trump Pence reelection bid.

  6. 02-21-2020, 09:36 AM
    Reason
    off topic

  7. #441
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    1,011
    Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    The New York Times @nytimes
    Russia is aiding President Trump in the 2020 election, intelligence officials told lawmakers. Trump complained Democrats might exploit the news.
    https://nyti.ms/3bTBtXr

    After members of Congress were briefed about this threat, Trump fired the acting Director of National Intelligence.
    Trump is shredding the rule of law—and the integrity of our democracy.

    Cause for concern, even the most ardent Trump supporters can not be comfortable with this latest trappling of the rule of law.
    The Dems need to give up that Russia bs already .

  8. #442
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    10,888
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnyi View Post
    Interesting article. However, I wouldn't be so quick to argue that the Russians are helping Trump by interfering in the Democratic primaries. To the degree that the intelligence committees jump to that conclusion and notify Adam Schiff and others of their theories is possibly problematic. I believe that it is equally possible that they would interfere to get Bernie Sanders the nomination and if they do, I wonder how it would be portrayed to the media. Also, if I were a betting man, they'd favor a Sanders Warren ticket over a Trump Pence reelection bid.
    What is problematic is the way in which Trump dealt with the finding. Regardless of who it may or may not benefit, he refused to believe the intelligence report and fired acting Director of National Intelligence.

    The goal, quite simply, is to keep Trump in power. They interfered in 2016 on his behalf and appear to be doing the same in 2020. Adam Schiff happens to be the chair of the House Intelligence Committee, seems appropriate the report should be viewed in that setting.

    What is known at this juncture: American intelligence officials advised members of the House Intelligence Committee that Russia was interfering in the 2020 election in an effort to get Trump re-elected. The briefing was delivered by Shelby Pierson, the intelligence community's top election security official and an aide to acting Director of National Intelligence Joseph Maguire. Trump allies on the committee challenged the findings, and Trump was angered to learn of the briefing as he believed Democrats might "weaponize" the information against him. He chastised Maguire for allowing the briefing to occur, and days later he appointed Richard Grenell to replace Maguire.

    https://apps.washingtonpost.com/g/do...election/2433/
    “Farts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.” — Aldous Huxley
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Albert Einstein
    “Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.”---- James Baldwin



  9. #443
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    1,011
    And you say I believe in conspiracy theories lol

  10. #444
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    10,888
    Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    And you say I believe in conspiracy theories lol
    What are you talking about!? American intelligence officials advised members of the House Intelligence Committee that Russia was interfering in the 2020 election in an effort to get Trump re-elected.

    The 2016 interference is well documented, thousands of pages exist describing Russian interference on Trump's behalf. They appear to be at it again. No conspiracy, fact. Deny at your own peril.
    “Farts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.” — Aldous Huxley
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Albert Einstein
    “Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.”---- James Baldwin



  11. #445
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    10,888
    Trump's chief of staff Mick Mulvaney admitted Republicans are total hypocrites on cutting the federal deficit

    "My party is very interested in deficits when there is a Democrat in the White House ... Then Donald Trump became president, and we're a lot less interested as a party."

    https://markets.businessinsider.com/...0-2-1028924786
    “Farts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.” — Aldous Huxley
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Albert Einstein
    “Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.”---- James Baldwin



  12. #446
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    1,011
    Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    What are you talking about!? American intelligence officials advised members of the House Intelligence Committee that Russia was interfering in the 2020 election in an effort to get Trump re-elected.

    The 2016 interference is well documented, thousands of pages exist describing Russian interference on Trump's behalf. They appear to be at it again. No conspiracy, fact. Deny at your own peril.
    Well documented ? Why couldn’t mueller despite his 2 year long investigation find and factual proof of Russia interfering with the 2016 election ? Why did it have to take the Ukraine fiasco to impeach trump ? Come on man the Russia interference is total bs . You think it’s a coincidence that now that Bernie is the front runner for the dem nomination and right after the debacle that was the last dem debate that now the Dems are starting to cry about Russia again ? Come in this is nothing but a tired worn out conspiracy theory as an excuse to why the Dems can’t get their base together . Do you really think most people still believe this crap ?

  13. #447
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    10,888
    Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    Well documented ? Why couldn’t mueller despite his 2 year long investigation find and factual proof of Russia interfering with the 2016 election ? Why did it have to take the Ukraine fiasco to impeach trump ? Come on man the Russia interference is total bs . You think it’s a coincidence that now that Bernie is the front runner for the dem nomination and right after the debacle that was the last dem debate that now the Dems are starting to cry about Russia again ? Come in this is nothing but a tired worn out conspiracy theory as an excuse to why the Dems can’t get their base together . Do you really think most people still believe this crap ?
    Believe what you will. Personally I prefer Muellers actual finding to Trumps proclaiming "no collusion" from his Ivory Tower. Did Trump campaign collude, some say yes. Mueller didn't find enough evidence to conclude such and clearly stipulated it was NOT an exoneration of Trump campaign. Did Russia intervene, meddle, and interfere in the election, no question they absolutely did!

    Mueller’s long-awaited report hammered home a crucial reminder: The Kremlin mounted a massive online campaign to wreak havoc on U.S. democracy in 2016.

    It also underscored the urgency of fixing the nation’s election security gaps before 2020 — a task that state and local governments have been slow to take on.

    "The Russian government interfered in the 2016 presidential election in sweeping and systematic fashion," Mueller wrote in the 448-page document, which lays out new details about a Kremlin-backed plot that compromised Democrats' computer networks and targeted state and local election offices. Mueller wrote that investigators also found evidence of repeated communications — but not "coordination" — between associates of then-candidate Donald Trump and people claiming to have damaging information on Hillary Clinton.

    Although the investigation established that the Russian government perceived it would benefit from a Trump presidency and worked to secure that outcome, and that the Campaign expected it would benefit electorally from information stolen and released through Russian efforts, the investigation did not establish that members of the Trump Campaign conspired or coordinated with the Russian government in its election interference activities," Mueller wrote.

    https://www.politico.com/story/2019/...n-plot-1365568

    Russian Efforts Against Election Infrastructure - US Senate ...www.intelligence.senate.gov › files › documents › Report_Volume1
    “Farts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.” — Aldous Huxley
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Albert Einstein
    “Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.”---- James Baldwin



  14. #448
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    1,011
    Still a conspiracy theory and I still find it odd that Russia is being brought up so soon after the last dem debate .

  15. #449
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    10,888
    Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    Still a conspiracy theory and I still find it odd that Russia is being brought up so soon after the last dem debate .
    Simple question Jorge. Trump's reaction to the bombshell news that Russia is interfering in the 2020 campaign, he's angry (and fires Maguire) - not at Russia but at US intelligence for letting the news out. Why is that?
    “Farts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.” — Aldous Huxley
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Albert Einstein
    “Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.”---- James Baldwin



  16. #450
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Posts
    32,955
    Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    Still a conspiracy theory and I still find it odd that Russia is being brought up so soon after the last dem debate .
    That is also a conspiratorial thought.



    The world is coming to an end and I don't even care. As long as I can have my limo and my orange hair"

Page 30 of 41 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •