Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 29 of 41 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast
Results 421 to 435 of 609
  1. #421
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    982
    Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    Thanks for the history lesson. However I was speaking specifically about more recent history. Your characterization of my words distort their meaning and intent. We can agree to disagree about the role sexism played in the 2016 election. Imo yes we should have had a woman president at this point in our history. Long overdue.

    You may interpret this differently than I, but it certainly seems like sexism is in play.

    For example, there was Trump accusing Clinton of playing the "woman's card."

    "Well, I think the only card she has is the woman's card," Trump said in April during a victory speech after sweeping five primaries. "She's got nothing else going on. And frankly, if Hillary Clinton were a man, I don't think she'd get 5 percent of the vote. The only thing she's got going is the women's vote. And the beautiful thing is that women don't like her, OK?"

    He doubled down on that, telling a crowd in Spokane, Wash., a couple weeks later: "If she didn't play the woman's card she would have no chance, I mean zero, of winning."

    https://www.npr.org/2016/04/27/47589...-2016-election

    Well what you quoted was the truth . It may be offensive but it’s the truth .

  2. #422
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    10,836
    Quote Originally Posted by LeoYankee View Post
    I cannot believe any human votes for Democrats. Last night was the most pathetic thing I’ve ever seen.

    I have yet to meet a super successful Democrat. Like, not even one.

    Trump wins in the biggest landslide since Mondale got wrecked.

    So satisfying to watch Dems slowly realize they are losers yet again.
    Thank you for the insightful but reactionary comment. What you fail to realize, almost 4M more people voted against Trump and for Clinton. In addition 5.7% (over 7M) voted for the third party candidates, (Gary Johnson, Jill Stein, and Evan McMullin et al.) in the final analysis more people voted against him than for him!

    I'm not sure how you would define successful, but I would venture to guess it's in terms of a bank account balance and material wealth given your predilection. Simplistic, shallow and judgemental. The fact you haven't met any doesn't mean they don't exists. You simply need to broaden your horizon and areas of influence. You may also find when you stop judging people based on net worth, but net value to humanity, your definition of success might change.
    “Farts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.” — Aldous Huxley
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Albert Einstein
    “Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.”---- James Baldwin



  3. #423
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    10,836
    Quote Originally Posted by LeoYankee View Post
    I cannot believe any human votes for Democrats. Last night was the most pathetic thing I’ve ever seen.

    I have yet to meet a super successful Democrat. Like, not even one.

    Trump wins in the biggest landslide since Mondale got wrecked.

    So satisfying to watch Dems slowly realize they are losers yet again.
    One other thought. Early on you objected to this thread because you felt it was a vehicle for hate towards Trump.

    How would you characterize your words above? Love? Warm and cuddly? Endearing? Just asking for a friend.
    “Farts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.” — Aldous Huxley
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Albert Einstein
    “Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.”---- James Baldwin



  4. #424
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    10,836
    Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    Well what you quoted was the truth . It may be offensive but it’s the truth .
    “Farts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.” — Aldous Huxley
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Albert Einstein
    “Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.”---- James Baldwin



  5. #425
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    982
    Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    One other thought. Early on you objected to this thread because you felt it was a vehicle for hate towards Trump.

    How would you characterize your words above? Love? Warm and cuddly? Endearing? Just asking for a friend.

    Politics threads are never any of those so why are you getting on his case ?

  6. #426
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    10,836
    Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    Politics threads are never any of those so why are you getting on his case ?
    Really Jorge? You find nothing hypocritical in his comments?

    I don't object to the comment, just the hypocrisy. OK to hate as long as they are D's?
    “Farts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.” — Aldous Huxley
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Albert Einstein
    “Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.”---- James Baldwin



  7. #427
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Creepyville, USA
    Posts
    42,244
    Anyone notice the infected guy? Hope there’s ointment for him. He’s suffering badly.

    I own him.

  8. #428
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    982
    Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    Really Jorge? You find nothing hypocritical in his comments?

    I don't object to the comment, just the hypocrisy. OK to hate as long as they are D's?
    How is he being hypocritical ? He complained that the politics thread in a baseball forum was bad amongst other things . What he said wAsnt terrible . It only bothered you so much because what he said was atleast partly true . I mean you and clown just said earlier in this thread that the debate last night was crap and that for the most part the people left running in the dem party are not unified enough in message . Now do I totally agree with what Leo said ? No I don’t but I can’t deny there is truth to what he said . If anyone is being hypocritical it’s you since it seems the only politician bashing allowed in here is trump bashing . Everytime someone you politicially disagree with bashes the Dems , here you come complaining about it being hypocritical .

  9. #429
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Creepyville, USA
    Posts
    42,244
    Ding ding ding.

    The blind hatred cannot see.
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

    Support Every President & The Country!


  10. #430
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    10,836
    Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    How is he being hypocritical ? He complained that the politics thread in a baseball forum was bad amongst other things . What he said wAsnt terrible . It only bothered you so much because what he said was atleast partly true . I mean you and clown just said earlier in this thread that the debate last night was crap and that for the most part the people left running in the dem party are not unified enough in message . Now do I totally agree with what Leo said ? No I don’t but I can’t deny there is truth to what he said . If anyone is being hypocritical it’s you since it seems the only politician bashing allowed in here is trump bashing . Everytime someone you politicially disagree with bashes the Dems , here you come complaining about it being hypocritical .
    No Jorge he objected to the "hate" towards Trump as defined by him that a thread devoted to politics would engender. Most of which was directed toward me. I found the comment hypocritical based on his previous proclamation regarding hate. His comment was seething with disdain and contempt for anything democrat. Which is fine, but hypocritical in context. You are correct what he said wasn't terrible, just hypocritical. You can not denounce hate on one hand but endorse it on the other when it suits your argument. Hate is hate is hate.

    Your assertion that only Trump bashing is allowed is absurd. I am out numbered at least 5-1. I try to provide reasoned, rational arguments. I try to stay out of the gutter. I enjoy a spirited debate based on fact and grounded in reason. I try to remain civil. I believe in my position, I will defend it. My arguments are documented when needed, not pure opinion or reactionary nonsense. I believe you reap what you sow. Pedal BS expect to get called on it.
    “Farts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.” — Aldous Huxley
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Albert Einstein
    “Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.”---- James Baldwin



  11. #431
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Creepyville, USA
    Posts
    42,244
    Pure hate thread. Super valuable in a Yankee forum.
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

    Support Every President & The Country!


  12. #432
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    982
    Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    No Jorge he objected to the "hate" towards Trump as defined by him that a thread devoted to politics would engender. Most of which was directed toward me. I found the comment hypocritical based on his previous proclamation regarding hate. His comment was seething with disdain and contempt for anything democrat. Which is fine, but hypocritical in context. You are correct what he said wasn't terrible, just hypocritical. You can not denounce hate on one hand but endorse it on the other when it suits your argument. Hate is hate is hate.

    Your assertion that only Trump bashing is allowed is absurd. I am out numbered at least 5-1. I try to provide reasoned, rational arguments. I try to stay out of the gutter. I enjoy a spirited debate based on fact and grounded in reason. I try to remain civil. I believe in my position, I will defend it. My arguments are documented when needed, not pure opinion or reactionary nonsense. I believe you reap what you sow. Pedal BS expect to get called on it.
    Only hypocrisy I can see from Leo is him posting at all in this forum when he doesn’t even like this forum .

  13. #433
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Creepyville, USA
    Posts
    42,244
    Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    Only hypocrisy I can see from Leo is him posting at all in this forum when he doesn’t even like this forum .
    Because it should be closed. It’s ridiculous and breeds hate and negativity daily.
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

    Support Every President & The Country!


  14. #434
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    982
    Quote Originally Posted by LeoYankee View Post
    Because it should be closed. It’s ridiculous and breeds hate and negativity daily.
    Well that I already knew but I also accepted that it’s not going anywhere .

  15. #435
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    10,836
    Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    Only hypocrisy I can see from Leo is him posting at all in this forum when he doesn’t even like this forum .
    OK. But don't decry the hatred on one hand and contribute to it with the other.
    “Farts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.” — Aldous Huxley
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Albert Einstein
    “Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.”---- James Baldwin



Page 29 of 41 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •