Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: XFL Week 1

Quote Originally Posted by MidwestJimmy View Post
    I think the Chargers will last only one or two seasons in the new shared LA stadium due to poor attendance. "St. Louis Chargers" has a good ring to it.
    There would have to be a division realignment for that to happen imo. I don't think the NFL would want two teams in Missouri to be in the same conference... Much less the same division.

Quote Originally Posted by mgjohnson7851 View Post
    There would have to be a division realignment for that to happen imo. I don't think the NFL would want two teams in Missouri to be in the same conference... Much less the same division.
    The Philadelphia Phillies and Pittsburgh Pirates have always been in the same division. Same with the LA Dodgers and San Diego Padres, who are less than 100 miles from each other. But that's MLB; the NFL might feel differently about it.

Quote Originally Posted by MidwestJimmy View Post
    The Philadelphia Phillies and Pittsburgh Pirates have always been in the same division. Same with the LA Dodgers and San Diego Padres, who are less than 100 miles from each other. But that's MLB; the NFL might feel differently about it.
    Cleveland and Cincinnati. Different states but Philadelphia and Washington. Pittsburgh and Cleveland (137 miles stadium to stadium). All teams incredibly close and in the same division. IIRC Philly and New York are the closest two (95 miles) in the same division.

I think two teams 250 miles apart will be fine.

After week 2 of watching it Iím starting to like it. Really digging the Seattle Dragons Color Scheme & logo. Still wish there was a NE team though.

Vince to Gronk

The defense can be terrible to watch at times but i still find it entertaining.

Such awful QB play across the board.

XFL only has 8 teams so for me right now it would be more exciting if they had more teams within the league like let's say if they started out as a 16 team league I wouldn't have a problem with it. The fact that it is only 8 teams is why I can't get into it. But if the XFL is here to stay, then I can see more expansion teams within the next 5 to 10 years assuming it sticks around this time. If it were to become a 30 or even 32 team league within the next 20 years, then I can definitely see it rivaling the NFL.

Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    Such awful QB play across the board.
    Yeah that's been the biggest problem imo

Hoping they bring a team to Memphis.

#24ever

It's like watching a league with 8 Daks.

Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    It's like watching a league with 8 Daks.

If the XFL were to expand, I hope more non-NFL cities are considered. Louisville would be good. Vince McMahon likes using (unnecessarily) big stadiums, and UL's Cardinal Stadium has 100% real chair seating -- rare for a college stadium.

But here's the real question: could any of the XFL teams beat LSU (with Joe Burrow and all the other players from the 2019 season)?
    Last edited by MidwestJimmy; 02-17-2020 at 06:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    XFL only has 8 teams so for me right now it would be more exciting if they had more teams within the league like let's say if they started out as a 16 team league I wouldn't have a problem with it. The fact that it is only 8 teams is why I can't get into it. But if the XFL is here to stay, then I can see more expansion teams within the next 5 to 10 years assuming it sticks around this time. If it were to become a 30 or even 32 team league within the next 20 years, then I can definitely see it rivaling the NFL.
    would it be more exciting tho to have that many teams? or would the current available talent level just be uber diluted to the point of unwatchable

What it really comes down to is that the AAF was on the right track- a true minor league system for NFL teams to keep some control of players not ready to make their rosters....with some NFL backing, that could be good for everyone involved AND the fans
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

If they were good they'd be chilling waiting training camp next year.......

Good to see they have BS PI calls as well

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    One More Time

Watched the St Louis game today... Was pretty entertained. They had a pretty good fan turnout too

most games i have checked in on have like no fans which sucks... i pray this succeeds so the nfl can be better

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast