Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 158 of 185 FirstFirst ... 58108148156157158159160168 ... LastLast
Results 2,356 to 2,370 of 2769
    Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    Clarke Schmidt looked very good. Nasty. I realize it's early, but he made some veteran hitters look silly.
    He did look good. Looked mature and pitches had a lot of movement.

Personally I'll reverse judgment as it's obvious pitchers are way ahead of hitters.

But he definitely has a chance to start the season on the 30 man, probably out of the pen though.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

Clarke Schmidt looked very good. Nasty. I realize it's early, but he made some veteran hitters look silly.
    He's doing his best to force the Yanks to give him a shot in the rotation. He made Torres look silly and i haven't seen to many pitchers be able to do that before.

If he stays healthy Schmidt is going to be a big part of our rotation for the next 5plus yrs .

Doc, RC, do u think he has Ace/ front of the rotation type stuff/ ability or do u think he's more of a 2/3?

Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    He's doing his best to force the Yanks to give him a shot in the rotation. He made Torres look silly and i haven't seen to many pitchers be able to do that before.

If he stays healthy Schmidt is going to be a big part of our rotation for the next 5plus yrs .

Doc, RC, do u think he has Ace/ front of the rotation type stuff/ ability or do u think he's more of a 2/3?
    Based on what I saw today he looked like he could help this year. Is he a torp? Too early to tell. He does show very good stuff and as RC said, carries him self with confidence and maturity beyond his years. I would hope with more experience he can be that torp. Right now?
    “When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross,” --- Unknown
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Albert Einstein
    “Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.”---- James Baldwin

Also it's early and pitchers have the advantage over the hitters. I would like to see him in a month or so still doing what he did tonight.
    “When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross,” --- Unknown
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Albert Einstein
    “Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.”---- James Baldwin

Based on what I saw today he looked like he could help this year. Is he a torp? Too early to tell. He does show very good stuff and as RC said, carries him self with confidence and maturity beyond his years. I would hope with more experience he can be that torp. Right now?
    I was more thinking do u think he's capable both stuff wise and mentality when he's on the mound to be a TORP in a couple yrs or do u think he settles in as a 2/3?

IMO he has the mentality to be a TORP and the more and more i see his stuff this spring i think he has a chance to develop into a TORP. If he can get a little more consistency and he learns to keep his front side from opening up to quickly, IMO he can be very good.

Anything we get from Schmidt or any of the kids this yr is pure bonus for us.

Potential is there. Mind set and ability are there. In a few years I would say yes it's very possible if he continues to progress. Again it's very early. He looked good. Let's see in a month or so when hitters are dialed in. I will say his stuff looked nasty.

I think it’s too early to determine what potential Schmidt has when he has almost no experience in the majors yet .

its just nice to talk about something actual baseball related.. Interesting that Gio and Lindor are best friends, lets hope that leads Lindor here

Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    I think it’s too early to determine what potential Schmidt has when he has almost no experience in the majors yet .
    alot of baseball is trying to determine what a players potential is or can be, often from an extremely early age.

alot of baseball is trying to determine what a players potential is or can be, often from an extremely early age.
    Yeah but it is too early to determine if a pitcher like Schmidt with little to no major league experience has tor stuff . I mean not many people thought that about cole when he was with Pittsburg.

I mean I'm not sure how someone can make that statement when they don't watch the games.

His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    Yeah but it is too early to determine if a pitcher like Schmidt with little to no major league experience has tor stuff . I mean not many people thought that about cole when he was with Pittsburg.
    Yes they did thats why he was drafted #1 overall and if one of the very few players ever to be drafted in the 1st round Twice... they draft and sign players as young as 15 based on what they believe there potential is. You don't give a guy like Dominguez 5m like they did based on what he is now, its all about projecting what he's going to be. Thats what scouting, drafting and analytics is about trying to figure out and unlock a players "potential"

They wouldn't have drafted Schmidt, who needed TJS, in the middle of the 1st round if they didn't see TOR potential in him

Honest question, how much do you actually know about baseball?

Yes they did thats why he was drafted #1 overall and if one of the very few players ever to be drafted in the 1st round Twice... they draft and sign players as young as 15 based on what they believe there potential is. You don't give a guy like Dominguez 5m like they did based on what he is now, its all about projecting what he's going to be. Thats what scouting, drafting and analytics is about trying to figure out and unlock a players "potential"

They wouldn't have drafted Schmidt, who needed TJS, in the middle of the 1st round if they didn't see TOR potential in him

They drafted Schmidt because they saw potential in him period . I am not saying Schmidt doesn’t have tor potential I just said it may be early to say He has tor potential. I mean how many guys Who had TJ surgery in the minors ended up being a tor pitcher in the majors ?

Hard to know much when you don't watch.

I mean, at least that's what I hear.

Quote Originally Posted by RCSownsU View Post
    Hard to know much when you don't watch.

I mean, at least that's what I hear.

TMML
    For some reason i think he's trying to bait us into another "pull the ball to RF" conversations