Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 85 of 133 FirstFirst ... 3575838485868795 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,275 of 1981
    The 2013 opening day lineup was the peak of the last 10 years. Nothing better than:

Brett Gardner, CF
    Eduardo Nunez, SS
    Robinson Cano, 2B
    Kevin Youkilis, 1B
    Vernon Wells, LF
    Ben Francisco, DH
    Ichiro Suzuki, RF
    Jayson Nix, 3B
    Francisco Cervelli, C

That squad should have won 110 games easily.

Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    The 2013 opening day lineup was the peak of the last 10 years. Nothing better than:

Brett Gardner, CF
    Eduardo Nunez, SS
    Robinson Cano, 2B
    Kevin Youkilis, 1B
    Vernon Wells, LF
    Ben Francisco, DH
    Ichiro Suzuki, RF
    Jayson Nix, 3B
    Francisco Cervelli, C

That squad should have won 110 games easily.
    Puppy!!

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    So you only have good things to say about the team if they get to/win a WS. I never said anything about anything amazing in the last 10 - 16 yr although they did win that WS they went to. I said our GM did an amazing job rebuilding the team and we didn't have multiple down yrs to do a rebuild never finishing below .500. No one else in baseball can say that

If you don't recognize all the incredibly impressive things that have gone on in the last 4 plus yrs there is zero point detailing it for you because you'll never agree with it
    Don't worry. He doesn't watch games but knows it all.

He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

Lol yep and we've been a bad team for the last 3yrs also since lost in the playoff to 2 different teams of cheaters

Lol yep and we've been a bad team for the last 3yrs also since lost in the playoff to 2 different teams of cheaters
    So you are saying Derek Jeter was wrong when he said the years they didn’t win the ws were failures ?

Quote Originally Posted by RCSownsU View Post
    Bruised right wrist for Britton. Xray and CT scan were negative.

Teix was negative for the first 3 tests. Then bam!
    My Top 3 Rush Guitar solos

1. La Villa Strangiato
    2. Limelight
    3. Between the Wheels

Quote Originally Posted by johnny ny View Post
    there have been young healthy people who have died form the coranavirus not as many as in sars because no one has any immunity to this new virus..and there are many people with compromised immune systems who are middle age not even considered elderly who are at great risk of this new virus..plus again there is a vaccine for the flu.. only a idiot who is either old or has a compromised immune system would not get a flu shot...and dr fauci said the new coranavirus is 10 times deadlier then the flu...
    No vaccine for a year.

Looks like we are paralyzed!

No baseball season! Watch, they will suspend the start of the season next week.

1. La Villa Strangiato
    2. Limelight
    3. Between the Wheels

The NCAA just announced that they are going to play March Madness with no fans in attendance. California is also voting right now on no events over 500 people. So that very likely means no West Coast teams will be playing in their home parks. Were likely going to either see the start of the season delayed or played at neutral sights or ST facilities
    I can see where this is starting to go but I still feel they can play in empty stadiums and we watch on TV. They can pump in Stadium noise to make it sound like there are people in there. Hell, the Rays played to an empty a stadium.

But MLB will panic and just play 120 games.
    Last edited by rrzubnyy; 03-12-2020 at 06:00 AM.

1. La Villa Strangiato
    2. Limelight
    3. Between the Wheels

Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    So you are saying Derek Jeter was wrong when he said the years they didn’t win the ws were failures ?
    with the team he had, the competition they had and the era they were in, no Jeter wasn't wrong. The Yanks can't simply sign the most expensive/ best FA every yr or take on salary dump after salary dump to fill whatever holes or weaknesses they think they might have. Every team in the MLB is capable of throwing around huge money in they choose to now so the competition for the top players is much tougher. The Yanks can't treat the rest of the MLB like their farm system anymore and the luxury tax prevents the Yanks from using their huge financial advantage like they used to. Its much tougher to win or even get to the WS yr after yr. The Era and the way the game is played, run and managed has changed a great deal since DJ said that

While the teams the last 3yrs had flaws we really can't say those season where failures because they lost to teams that were gaining a massive advantage by cheating.

I absolutely consider the last 3yrs as being huge successes overall for us. We went from the oldest team with very expensive roster on the down sides of their careers, to a much younger team full of home grown, cheap talent which is the key to being successful yr after yr.

Btw i thought u were the one who wanted to drop this but you still didn't stop. If u want to drop it then drop it

Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    Yes. That's dumb. I get that the goal is to win every year, but it's not a failure of your don't. It's just not a reasonable goal at all.

Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    Yes. That's dumb. I get that the goal is to win every year, but it's not a failure of your don't. It's just not a reasonable goal at all.
    Jeter won 4 of 5 and was in 6 WS in his first 8 seasons.

Why would Jeter even lower the standard?

Plus that was King George’s standard.

1. La Villa Strangiato
    2. Limelight
    3. Between the Wheels

Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post

Jeter won 4 of 5 and was in 6 WS in his first 8 seasons.

Why would Jeter even lower the standard?

Plus that was King George’s standard.
    Yep. Very high standard.

However to consider the last three seasons a failure is absurd. Cheating scandals aside, they exceeded expectations. Any objective measure would consider them successful. Just the start of good things on the horizon.
    “Farts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.” — Aldous Huxley
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Albert Einstein
    “Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.”---- James Baldwin

What would think of trading King. Florial plus a lower level spec for Jon Gray?

Empty stadiums would suck,then the cheating astros would get off easy,I'm look forward to seeing them razzed and harrassed unmercifully

Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    Yep. Very high standard.

However to consider the last three seasons a failure is absurd. Cheating scandals aside, they exceeded expectations. Any objective measure would consider them successful. Just the start of good things on the horizon.
    2017 was a MASSIVE success. That team was predicted to finish 3rd in the east by almost everyone and to be around 500 record wise.
    For them to end up one game away from the WS was far more than anyone expected before the season.

Page 85 of 133 FirstFirst ... 3575838485868795 ... LastLast