Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 12 of 102 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    Completely agree changing the strength and conditioning culture is going to take time. These new guys are just starting to implement their new practices, protocols and procedures. No way can u judge them on 7-10 days

As far as Sevy well have to see how this all plays out. When he was coming up there was always a concern about his delivery and the way he kind of short arms his pitches. Most scouts thought he was a reliever long term. Ive always said give him every opportunity to start until its proven he can't do it. He could easily still end up as one of the dominant relievers in baseball. That FB/SL mix would absolutely play way up.in short bursts

Only thing i know for sure is im very glad we have alot of pitching depth and are loaded with high ceiling pitching specs.

Im starting to feel like Monty, German, King, Garcia and Schmidt may play a much bigger role this season than i thought they would 3 weeks ago
    German is gone 1/2 the season. Scratch him.

In reality Monty and Cessna will be in the rotation. Wishful thinking for the kids. They are not ready.

1. Cole
    2. Tanaka
    3. Happ
    4. Monty
    5. Cessa

Also, Cashman should trade some of the young pitching talent and get a proven 30 year old. I’m tired of waiting for kids with regards to starting pitching.

Send King, Schmidt and Garcia and get a proven #1-2 starter. We don’t have time to wait for Sevy, German and Paxton. We get Cole for $324 million and then before March 1 we lose Paxton and probably Sevy for a while.

We have position players who can’t stay healthy. The window is closing before the season even starts. What a freaking debacle this season in already turning into.
    Last edited by rrzubnyy; 02-21-2020 at 10:58 AM.
    My Top 3 Rush Guitar solos

1. La Villa Strangiato
    2. Limelight
    3. Between the Wheels

Yeah barring a miracle with sevy , I say it’s time to trade for another starter and make sevy a reliever

Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    Yeah barring a miracle with sevy , I say it’s time to trade for another starter and make sevy a reliever
    You don’t get it. He is made of glass. He would be a terrific setup/ closer but reliability would eventually be in question. Just send him packing to SD and end it now!

1. La Villa Strangiato
    2. Limelight
    3. Between the Wheels

Were all.going.to feel really stupid if this forearm stuff turns out to be NBD

Nick can we wait and see what the results of further testing find before we ship him out? According Bryan Hoch, the team had Severino travel to New York twice during the offseason for an MRI and CT scan. These tests took place in December and January. Both came back negative. I realize it looks grim at this juncture, just not ready to throw in the towel. Just too reactionary a decision.
    “Farts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.” — Aldous Huxley
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Albert Einstein
    “Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.”---- James Baldwin

Yep.
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Albert Einstein
    “Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.”---- James Baldwin

Cole signing was awesome to see.

But let’s look at a few things.

Paxton’s back failed
    Sevy has a tight forearm, which means an elbow issue and a possible TJ.
    Hicks is a broken record.
    German was suspended 1/2 the season.

The projected rotation months ago

1. Cole
    2. Tanaka
    3. Sevy
    4. Paxton
    5. German

3/5 will be gone for a while or longer.

We have yet to see a 1st pitch in Spring training games and the worry is all over Yankee fan. I sure miss 1996-2001

Every Spring you knew what you had and didn’t have these question marks with health. Blame PEDs or whatever excuse you want but those years are a far cry from 2017-2020. Then add the cheating scandal and a possible 2-3 WS appearances by the Yankees is wiped out.

Whoever is on here now and didn’t witness 1996-2001 in full as you were too young then you certainly missed a fun time for Yankee fan.

I went to Steinbrenner Stadium, Legends Field back in the 96-2001 season and the practices with 6000 people just watching the workouts was an experience itself. I didn’t have time to go this year but I can guarantee you 6000 people didnt get there by 10-11am each day and watch players stretch and do drills.

Those were the Yankees! We doNot have that anymore.

1. La Villa Strangiato
    2. Limelight
    3. Between the Wheels

Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    Yep.
    Glass always half full.

Let’s cut to the chase Dr.

TJ is more of a possibility than Sevy seeing 30 starts in 2020.

Paxton’s back and Sevy’s forearm. These issues were happening last Oct, LAST OCT.

I realize you do surgery as the last resort but why is the resort always the reality with our players?

Paxton, Hicks? Take it slow and see what happens.......hmmmmmmmmm

1. La Villa Strangiato
    2. Limelight
    3. Between the Wheels

Day, what I am hoping the loose body discovered in his throwing elbow is the culprit. Hopefully at the worst they need to scope it and clean it up. (As you know, loose bodies are a common finding in the elbows of pitchers and sometimes cause pain, inflammation and dysfunction.) Just hoping for the best possible outcome, but am also prepared for the worst.

Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    Glass always half full.

Let’s cut to the chase Dr.

TJ is more of a possibility than Sevy seeing 30 starts in 2020.

Paxton’s back and Sevy’s forearm. These issues were happening last Oct, LAST OCT.

I realize you do surgery as the last resort but why is the resort always the reality with our players?

Paxton, Hicks? Take it slow and see what happens.......hmmmmmmmmm
    Seems to me someone keeps dropping the ball with actions taken for injuries

Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    Give it a rest. Who gloats over being right about an injury to a former staff ace?

And he has forearm stiffness / pain, you claimed his shoulder was falling apart.
    It isn't exactly going out on a limb to predict a pitcher gets hurt in general, especially after he just dealt with arm problems the entire previous season and never had surgery to fix it. But let him gloat.

https://www.mlb.com/news/luis-severi...t-arm-soreness

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

Hoping it’s nothing and it being nothing are two different things

Only time will tell what the cause of his soreness is. It is not in the correct location to be a UCL injury (on the lateral portion of the forearm as opposed to the medial). He has had the same exact pain before that turned out to be a nothing burger. Of course it could be a UCL tear and/or require surgery. On the other hand, all of the evidence is pointing away from that as of now. I would put the chances of a UCL injury at less than 50%, probably around 33% at this point in time. That is not particularly comforting but it is a far cry from what some are suggesting in the posts on this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoba Rama View Post
    Only time will tell what the cause of his soreness is. It is not in the correct location to be a UCL injury (on the lateral portion of the forearm as opposed to the medial). He has had the same exact pain before that turned out to be a nothing burger. Of course it could be a UCL tear and/or require surgery. On the other hand, all of the evidence is pointing away from that as of now. I would put the chances of a UCL injury at less than 50%, probably around 33% at this point in time. That is not particularly comforting but it is a far cry from what some are suggesting in the posts on this thread.
    Wouldn't a slight tear show on MRI? Dynamic ultrasound ?

Page 12 of 102 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast