Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 36 of 100 FirstFirst ... 2634353637384686 ... LastLast
    I believe you. That's not the pic it showed though, at least not for me. Showed your top pic then some random ish

2. 02-27-2020, 12:51 AM

I have no idea why that showed up that way. Sauron thanks. Far more interesting than me is that SI article on my uncle Kurt Marsh in SI if u want to read how bad team doctors can be. Definately worth the read. Now before someone turns me into a meme, probably happening while i type, probably earned on my part lol, can we get back to baseball?

Didn't Boone say today that Judge was progressing nicely and could be ready for the opening day ? if he can stay healthy that is. I'm desperately hoping these injuries are just a open week of ST issues and once the players get back to being used to baseball activities everyday. Not that were in for a repeat of last yr

Heard Miggy looked pretty good in LF today, anyone see it? If he can handle LF that would so huge for us and keeping his bat in the lineup

Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    Heard Miggy looked pretty good in LF today, anyone see it? If he can handle LF that would so huge for us and keeping his bat in the lineup
    First at batter against tanaka in the game was a fly ball to left field. Andujar had to call off Torres in the outfield. Andujar made the catch. Can't predict baseball, lol.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

Quote Originally Posted by RCSownsU View Post
    First at batter against tanaka in the game was a fly ball to left field. Andujar had to call off Torres in the outfield. Andujar made the catch. Can't predict baseball, lol.

well with this potential injury to Stanton it would be absolutely huge for us if Andujar was atleast league average in LF. From the reports from Boone whatever they are worth sound encouraging and Andujar seem excited by the challenge. If he can handle all 3 positions and hit like he did in 18 he would be an unbelievably valuable piece for us... thank God they didn't trade him

Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    Why donít you show proof that sevyís elbow suddenly got bad enough in the last month to need TJ surgery . I mean common sense will tell you that sevyís elbow injury didnít just come up in the last month . The front office KNEW about since atleast last summer . You keep forgetting that sevy was in pain in the alcs too. And it as very doubt full a lat sprain could cause a player to miss a whole season.
    https://www.instagram.com/tv/B9DBHzl...=15hvbc7fipqn2

Maybe you believe him, maybe you don't. Brian Cashman, however, agrees with me. Surgery WAS NOT recommended to Severino, not even in December and January. He was clear that the MRIs in December and January were negative for a tear. He even went as far as to say even if they had done the contrast MRI in December or January and they saw a partial tear at that time, doctors still would have recommended rest and rehab over surgery.

If you believe he is still lying, that's your choice and I don't fault you. I believe him though and it is backed by medicine. By the way, I spoke to my friend who is an orthopedic surgeon and he made it clear to me that an orthopedist would never recommend surgery on a torn UCL without both physical exam findings and a tear on MRI. Again, you are all entitled to believe or not believe whomever you want, but I do believe this video and extra information are useful in the ongoing debate. By the way, the physician I spoke to's name is Dr. Mohan Tripathi in case you would like to know the actual name of a reliable source (that's not a knock on anyone who doesn't name their sources but I definitely do).
    Last edited by Phoba Rama; 02-27-2020 at 03:08 AM.

https://www.nj.com/yankees/2020/02/h...-breakout.htmlCool article about Medina and his potential. It would be amazing if he continues with what he figured out his last 11 starts. If he did its not unrealistic to think he could see the MLB sometime this yr. This kids stuff is out of this world

Quote Originally Posted by Phoba Rama View Post

Maybe you believe him, maybe you don't. Brian Cashman, however, agrees with me. Surgery WAS NOT recommended to Severino, not even in December and January. He was clear that the MRIs in December and January were negative for a tear. He even went as far as to say even if they had done the contrast MRI in December or January and they saw a partial tear at that time, doctors still would have recommended rest and rehab over surgery.

If you believe he is still lying, that's your choice and I don't fault you. I believe him though and it is backed by medicine. By the way, I spoke to my friend who is an orthopedic surgeon and he made it clear to me that an orthopedist would never recommend surgery on a torn UCL without both physical exam findings and a tear on MRI. Again, you are all entitled to believe or not believe whomever you want, but I do believe this video and extra information are useful in the ongoing debate. By the way, the physician I spoke to's name is Dr. Mohan Tripathi in case you would like to know the actual name of a reliable source (that's not a knock on anyone who doesn't name their sources but I definitely do).
    His name sounds familiar. Does he work out of New York Presbyterian Hospital?

His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

Interestin interview for Cash. Phoba why considering all the trouble Sevy had last yr wouldn't they start with a contrast MRI? I would understand it more had it been the first sign of injury but he missed the majority of last yr

Also very encouraging to here how well Miggy looks in the outfield and they seem determined to find him a place to play, like they did with Soriano as he mentioned, because the bat is special

Interestin interview for Cash. Phoba why considering all the trouble Sevy had last yr wouldn't they start with a contrast MRI? I would understand it more had it been the first sign of injury but he missed the majority of last yr

Also very encouraging to here how well Miggy looks in the outfield and they seem determined to find him a place to play, like they did with Soriano as he mentioned, because the bat is special
    From my understanding. Contrast MRIs cause more irritation/inflammation and possible issues in the affected area.

So it's not normally a desired test unless absolutely necessary, which in this case at some point became necessary. Standard MRIs are 92-93% accurate compared to 99% for contrast MRIs

Cashman actually addresses this in the interview. Watch and you will find your answer. Long story short, if it was a large tear the MRI would have picked it up without contrast. At that point they knew a contrast study at worse would show a small tear. Even if it picked up a small tear it would not change the management, which would have been rest and rehab. So they essentially decided no point in doing the contrast study as it would not change management regardless of the result and could result in joint irritation.

Quote Originally Posted by RCSownsU View Post
    His name sounds familiar. Does he work out of New York Presbyterian Hospital?

That is correct.

Phoba do u have any idea how he could through his FB/SL full speed at his regular velo with no pain? the SL is significantly harder on the arm as you know than the circle change Sevy throws.. i've talked to multiple people who would know and they don't understand it either. Their only explanation was that he must of created that small tear this spring when he started throwing his CU but that doesn't seem to track with him feeling pain in his elbow during the playoffs

I still think cashman is covering up , why was sevy in pain back in the alcs then ?

Mohan is a spine surgeon. He doesn't know **** about UCLs. He's probably just as qualified as me to speak about them.

After graduating cum laude from Rutgers University with a BA in Genetics, Dr. Tripathi earned his Doctorate in Medicine at Jefferson Medical College in Philadelphia, PA.
    - #1 guzzler and college. Ya, like I'm gonna trust his opinion. No thanks.
    Last edited by dayners81; 02-27-2020 at 08:27 AM.

Page 36 of 100 FirstFirst ... 2634353637384686 ... LastLast