Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 17 of 103 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767 ... LastLast
    Sevy needs surgery. Doesnít matter what kind. Lat, shoulder, TJ. It was recommended to him already and heís refused to do it to this point.

I love how people think Iím lying to impress an Internet forum.

Itís true. 100%.

I believe he needs surgery of some kind . I mean how else can you explain him feeling pain in that area for so long?

Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    I believe he needs surgery of some kind . I mean how else can you explain him feeling pain in that area for so long?
    It's so funny to hear non-medical people trying to talk about medicine. It's like the moms who don't vaccinate their kids because of the fake news they read on the internet, or the patients who come into my ER having read web MD which told them they have cancer because they have a sore throat.

In response to Leo. I've said it before and I'll say it again, no physician who is not a quack is recommending surgery to any patient, let alone a professional athlete, with no proof that there is a legitimate problem. No one recommended surgery to Luis Severino. It makes no sense whatsoever. Leo is not lying to impress anyone. He is lying to stir the pot. And by the way if Severino does end up needing surgery, that doesn't in any way prove Leo right. Unless a credible source reports it, now or later, Leo's claim has no merit!!!

Derek Jeter is a lucky man.

Isn't the more likely thing is that those loose bodies in his elbow are causing pain/inflammation because of the motion he makes throwing his CU?
    I know zero about the medical part of it but my buddy had to have 2 TJS before he retired. When he needed the surgery he absolutely wasn't able to thow ANY kind of pitch pain free

When pitchers start coming back from an injury the first pitch that they have them start throwing after the FB is the CU because because its not as hard on the arm/elbow/ shoulder vs a breaking ball. .Since Sevy had no problem throwing his SL according to reports and he said he felt that he was able to throw both the FB/SL as hard as he wanted pain free it just seems far more likely that if he does need surgery that he needs his elbow cleaned out not TMJ

If he needs the elbow cleaned out he should be 100% in 4-6 weeks and will still be able to contribute this season

Quote Originally Posted by Phoba Rama View Post
    It's so funny to hear non-medical people trying to talk about medicine.
    I had a slight headache yesterday so I took a few Advil. I did not consult a medical professional beforehand. It was wild.

Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    Isn't the more likely thing is that those loose bodies in his elbow are causing pain/inflammation because of the motion he makes throwing his CU?
    I know zero about the medical part of it but my buddy had to have 2 TJS before he retired. When he needed the surgery he absolutely wasn't able to thow ANY kind of pitch pain free

When pitchers start coming back from an injury the first pitch that they have them start throwing after the FB is the CU because because its not as hard on the arm/elbow/ shoulder vs a breaking ball. .Since Sevy had no problem throwing his SL according to reports and he said he felt that he was able to throw both the FB/SL as hard as he wanted pain free it just seems far more likely that if he does need surgery that he needs his elbow cleaned out not TMJ

If he needs the elbow cleaned out he should be 100% in 4-6 weeks and will still be able to contribute this season
    Let me guess. You're one of those moms who didn't vaccinate your kids? Smh.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoba Rama View Post
    It's so funny to hear non-medical people trying to talk about medicine. It's like the moms who don't vaccinate their kids because of the fake news they read on the internet, or the patients who come into my ER having read web MD which told them they have cancer because they have a sore throat.

In response to Leo. I've said it before and I'll say it again, no physician who is not a quack is recommending surgery to any patient, let alone a professional athlete, with no proof that there is a legitimate problem. No one recommended surgery to Luis Severino. It makes no sense whatsoever. Leo is not lying to impress anyone. He is lying to stir the pot. And by the way if Severino does end up needing surgery, that doesn't in any way prove Leo right. Unless a credible source reports it, now or later, Leo's claim has no merit!!!
    Your claims have no merit either since you arenít a professional with inside info on sevy . I was just stating an opinion nothing more .

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    I bet it's actually his ACL, MCL and PCL that are torn. All 3 are causing major elbow and forearm pain.
    I have an answer for this but I don't want to sound like a soccer mom

The world is coming to an end and I don't even care. As long as I can have my limo and my orange hair"

At the risk of sounding like a soccer mom, I think the bolded is the key. If it is loose bodies, I think that a change in grip, angle of grip. pressure of grip could be the culprit. Too much pressure with the index finger could be it, if it is truly the lateral aspect of the elbow.
    If it's the back of the elbow? There is a tiny muscle that help stabilize and rotate the elbow that could be inflamed.

As I said in the other thread, my concern is that the issue in the elbow transferred some compensatory stress to the shoulder.

It's also important that people understand that it's never "just inflammation" Inflammation is a response to something going on in that area.

The world is coming to an end and I don't even care. As long as I can have my limo and my orange hair"

Just my opinion but of all the people commenting on Sevys possible diagnosis Phoba being a Doctor/Surgeon would know best what the protocols would be. Its pretty much common sense that since Sevy has yet to do his batteries of test yet and the MRI and CT scans were clean that he hasn't been told he needed surgery. As he said no way would any credible doctor would recommend surgery without having all the info. Dr Ahmad who is our team Doc is reguarded as.one of the very best in the sports world probably behind only Dr Andrews

The other side of this is they may have recommended Sevy get those lose bodies scoped last fall and he decided to go a different route

This is just my opinion but i find it highly unlikely that Sevy was reccomend TJ, shoulder or lat surgery last fall and then did nothing about it

Well findout in the next 3 days

Just my opinion but of all the people commenting on Sevys possible diagnosis Phoba being a Doctor/Surgeon would know best what the protocols would be. Its pretty much common sense that since Sevy has yet to do his batteries of test yet and the MRI and CT scans were clean that he hasn't been told he needed surgery. As he said no way would any credible doctor would recommend surgery without having all the info. Dr Ahmad who is our team Doc is reguarded as.one of the very best in the sports world probably behind only Dr Andrews

The other side of this is they may have recommended Sevy get those lose bodies scoped last fall and he decided to go a different route

This is just my opinion but i find it highly unlikely that Sevy was reccomend TJ, shoulder or lat surgery last fall and then did nothing about it

Well findout in the next 3 days
    Doubt anyone recommended a scope. If they did, the procedure would have been done and he would have been ready for the season. A scope is a minor procedure with little to no recovery. It is already known what he was told by the docs. He was told that almost every pitcher in the league has those loose bodies and it is rare for them to affect pitching in any way. He was told that the loose bodies were not the cause of his pain, and he should not have surgery. Aaron Boone has said this publicly. There is no reason not to believe the information the Yankees have put out to the media. What they have done so far makes perfect sense and is logical. Of course we should believe it. There is no incentive for them to lie. Cashman knows better that if he lies the truth will come out eventually and he will only have more egg on his face.

Derek Jeter is a lucky man.

They already tested him. You people believe the media. Moronic way to go through life.

As usual, Iíll be proven correct at some point.

And the doubters will hate it!
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

Support Every President & The Country!

Quote Originally Posted by LeoYankee View Post
    They already tested him. You people believe the media. Moronic way to go through life.

And right now the haters doubt it!

Quote Originally Posted by LeoYankee View Post

After how the yanks downplayed the injuries to yanks players so often last season , I donít understand how people can still take cashman and the front office for their word .

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    And right now the haters doubt it!
    Iswydt

Page 17 of 103 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767 ... LastLast