Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 93 of 185 FirstFirst ... 43839192939495103143 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,395 of 2769
    Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    No. He doesn't need to edit. He has 84 thoughts on every topic. One of them is always correct.
    Thats right, gotta love the way the guy thinks

We could always look at the bright side of the season being delayed. Barring any significant set back Judge, Stanton and Paxton will all be ready to go when there is an opening day, with Hicks only being a few weeks away. That puts us back at almost full strength. The bad news is German won't be back till around August. That part really sucks because this should have been a huge yr for him developmental wise that he won't get back. By the time he gets back it will be close to 11 months since he has thrown in a live game.

I wonder if the MLB will push back the trade deadline since there really won't be alot of time for teams to evaluate if there contenders or not and what their needs will be.

Thatís assuming there will be any baseball at all .

4. 03-17-2020, 02:21 AM
    Reason
    If you are going to talk politics create a separate thread for it.

5. 03-17-2020, 02:52 AM
    Reason

If were going to start *****ing and reporting sarcasm in here we may as well shut the whole thing down

7. 03-17-2020, 07:20 AM
    Reason

Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    We could always look at the bright side of the season being delayed. Barring any significant set back Judge, Stanton and Paxton will all be ready to go when there is an opening day, with Hicks only being a few weeks away. That puts us back at almost full strength. The bad news is German won't be back till around August. That part really sucks because this should have been a huge yr for him developmental wise that he won't get back. By the time he gets back it will be close to 11 months since he has thrown in a live game.

I wonder if the MLB will push back the trade deadline since there really won't be alot of time for teams to evaluate if there contenders or not and what their needs will be.

Butthe bad part is that sometimes the BEST TEAMS ON PAPER donít peak until Games 140-162.

The Yanks might be trailing after 90 games and could be on the outside looking in if they donít have urgency right out of the gate.

If we only have 95-110 games then we really canít be disappointed if we have a rotten 2020 season.

Iíve seen this before back in 1981. Some of the better teams didnít have urgency until it was too late.

We might be a 3rd place team after 100 games during a normal season but the cream usually rises to the top and after 162 we win by 7 games.

In 2020 we will need urgency right out of the gate. Also, what if we have a very slow start and never fire and then get hot at games 90-100 and then just miss out by a game or two?

This is very concerning for me.

2021 canít come sooner!
    Soundgarden
    1. Fell on Black Days( Cornell with vocal perfection)
    2. Outshined
    3. Spoonman
    4. Black Hole Sun
    5. Loud Love
    6. Ugly Truth

Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    German is gone 1/2 the season. Scratch him.

In reality Monty and Cessna will be in the rotation. Wishful thinking for the kids. They are not ready.

1. Cole
    2. Tanaka
    3. Happ
    4. Monty
    5. Cessa

Also, Cashman should trade some of the young pitching talent and get a proven 30 year old. Iím tired of waiting for kids with regards to starting pitching.

Send King, Schmidt and Garcia and get a proven #1-2 starter. We donít have time to wait for Sevy, German and Paxton. We get Cole for $324 million and then before March 1 we lose Paxton and probably Sevy for a while.

We have position players who canít stay healthy. The window is closing before the season even starts. What a freaking debacle this season in already turning into.
    Quote Originally Posted by RCSownsU View Post
    If Frazier out plays Andujar this spring, it probably means he out played Tauchman as well.

That was my point. You also said you hope he gets a shot. Can't have it both ways.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    Day, the new training has failed with Judge and Stanton.

You donít seem to get it. These players are made of glass. I donít care who is the training staff. These type of players, while very talented and terrific sculpted bodies, will always break down. They are all in the Ellsbury camp.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    Awesome stuff Day. Thanks!

Did you ask about Stanton? Grade 1 calf strains don't usually take that long to heal.
    Lasagna belongs in the pen. He isn't starter material imo. I think he can be a lights out reliever though.
    Butthe bad part is that sometimes the BEST TEAMS ON PAPER donít peak until Games 140-162.

The Yanks might be trailing after 90 games and could be on the outside looking in if they donít have urgency right out of the gate.

If we only have 95-110 games then we really canít be disappointed if we have a rotten 2020 season.

Iíve seen this before back in 1981. Some of the better teams didnít have urgency until it was too late.

We might be a 3rd place team after 100 games during a normal season but the cream usually rises to the top and after 162 we win by 7 games.

In 2020 we will need urgency right out of the gate. Also, what if we have a very slow start and never fire and then get hot at games 90-100 and then just miss out by a game or two?

This is very concerning for me.

2021 canít come sooner!
    I get your point but its one the players and especially Boone to create that sense of urgency right out of the gate. When they start the season we will be, barring any major set backs pretty much healthy, with Hicks close to being ready when the season starts. This team is loaded are really won't have an excise to play poorly for an extended period of time. I have a very tough time seeing how we could not possibly be a playoffs team even if the season is only 100 games or so.

My biggest concern is if Torres will be able to figure out his defensive issues for the season. If he continues to struggle as badly as he has during ST it would shock me if we didn;t make a big play for Lindor at some point

Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    I get your point but its one the players and especially Boone to create that sense of urgency right out of the gate. When they start the season we will be, barring any major set backs pretty much healthy, with Hicks close to being ready when the season starts. This team is loaded are really won't have an excise to play poorly for an extended period of time. I have a very tough time seeing how we could not possibly be a playoffs team even if the season is only 100 games or so.

My biggest concern is if Torres will be able to figure out his defensive issues for the season. If he continues to struggle as badly as he has during ST it would shock me if we didn;t make a big play for Lindor at some point
    Didi was a nice safe option.

Letís admit it!

Cashbox screwed up by not scratching a check to Didi.
    Soundgarden
    2. Outshined
    3. Spoonman
    4. Black Hole Sun
    5. Loud Love
    6. Ugly Truth

OhSoSlick is offline Formerly RCSownsU - PSDs Sexiest Fireman
    Second Yankee prospect has texted positive for the COVID-19

He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

That is best case scenario.

What if we are worse than China and Italy?

We could be doomed bro.

I don't think China or Italy has the pitching to beat us. Not to worry.
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by YANKSGUY View Post

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by YANKSGUY View Post
    Loooool well done mazda

It also gives Judge, Mike, Hicks, Paxton, and the other 47 players who will likely get injured in the next few weeks extra time to heal up/fewer games missed.
    It looks good with the pause that we might have the entire lineup intact for Opening Day, if we even get one.

But on the flip side these players are also injury prone and when they start ramping up workouts again you need to expect injuries to happen again to these injured riddled players, so much talent but always hit with injury. So if we get an Opening Day expect a few players not there.
    Soundgarden
    2. Outshined
    3. Spoonman
    4. Black Hole Sun
    5. Loud Love
    6. Ugly Truth

Quote Originally Posted by RCSownsU View Post
    Second Yankee prospect has texted positive for the COVID-19

And we have our entire roster around those players.

Send them all home Cashman!
    Soundgarden
    2. Outshined
    3. Spoonman
    4. Black Hole Sun
    5. Loud Love
    6. Ugly Truth

Yanks bs Mets with Game 1 of the 2000 Subway Series on YES

Pettitte vs Leiter

This is my all time favorite Yankees era

96-01

The best!

Going into this Game 1 those Yankees had won 12 straight WS games

12 straight!
    Soundgarden
    2. Outshined
    3. Spoonman
    4. Black Hole Sun
    5. Loud Love
    6. Ugly Truth

Yanks bs Mets with Game 1 of the 2000 Subway Series on YES

Pettitte vs Leiter

This is my all time favorite Yankees era

96-01

The best!

Going into this Game 1 those Yankees had won 12 straight WS games