Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 77 of 185 FirstFirst ... 2767757677787987127177 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,155 of 2769
    Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    I do hope Happ pitches very well this yr because were going to need him to. I still dont want him reaching his starts or IN pitched reached so we are forced to pickup his option next yr. If he pitches well enough this yr and his option is vested hopefully we could trade him for something decent this winter.
    With all the starters that have a legit shot at being ready next yr i would rather see them get a shot than a 38yr old Happ in 21.

I saw a report that Monty has been 93-95 even touching 96 this spring. I haven't watched him pitch yet, has anyone else seen him throwing that hard? That would be a hell of a velo jump from him when he pitched in 17. If i remember correctly he sat more 89-91 then. If that velo jump is legit his ceiling has gone from a backend starter to a 2-3 with the quality and command of his other pitches

Also anyone know what pitch it is that Schmidt throws around 90mph. His FB is 94-96 and iwhatever it is doesn't seem to have the action of a 2 seem or cutter. Does he throw a straight CU that hard or is it something else?
    I think Montgomery was more 91-94 with the occasional 95 mph. 93-96 mph would still be an uptick.

Derek Jeter is a lucky man.

Dayne I think the 90 mph pitch is a 2-seam. His changeup is not that fast and neither is his slider.

Derek Jeter is a lucky man.

Thats what makes the sense velo wise but i just haven't seen it have the usual 2 seam action unless it's very late im just not seeing it. It seems to have more of a sinking action but i didn't think he threw a sinker. Its a very good pitch for him when he isn't opening his front side 2 early.

The kid has great stuff and is going to be e very good starter soon but after that last start u can see he needs to get some more innings in AAA.

He's got to work on keeping his front side closed longer and that should really help with command, especially when he doesn't have his best stuff

Well, you all seem to keep this buried on page 14 in between ads. I guess I’ll have to bring it out today.

It is starting to look like The Yankees screwed up by NOT signing Didi to continue to play SS.

Glyber Torres has already made 4 errors in just 9 games so far. And those 9 games are not even full games for the kid. If you break it even further down he averages about 3-4 innings per games so that comes down to just 4 games.

Then break it down even further. 4 errors in basically 4 games is projected to be 162 errors for a 162 games.

Not good folks. All I hear on here is the talk of run prevention and air tight defense.
    AND WAR..Is Torres giving us good defense so far?

At that rate his WAR will be in the negatives.....

You can say what you want to say about Didi and how his bat declined after his surgery. But his defense will always be better than Torres ever will.

Way to go Hal and Cashman, trying to save a buck.

Well, it looks like it burned them! It’s going to be a long season folks.....
    Last edited by rrzubnyy; 03-10-2020 at 05:38 AM.
    My Top 3 Rush Guitar solos

1. La Villa Strangiato
    2. Limelight
    3. Between the Wheels

It is not what everybody wants but this is what you people will be seeing if everybody gets through the rest of the spring unscathed.

1. Cole
    2. Tanaka
    3. Happ
    4. Monty
    5. Loaisiga

I expect a little decline in Cole from 2019 but he will be the ace no doubt. I don’t think playing in NY evens bother this guy. He is a machine.

Tanaka will be good if not very effective and the elbow worries are long gone.

Happ will be a roller coaster. I think he will start out hot and cool off mid summer and then turn it up in the 2nd half and finish with a nice season.

Monty will have his ups and downs. I don’t expect him to last when Pax returns.

Lasagna will be the surprise. He will be there all season and may force German to the pen. I think the kid will be so good that they can’t remove him from the rotation.
    Last edited by rrzubnyy; 03-10-2020 at 05:47 AM.

1. La Villa Strangiato
    2. Limelight
    3. Between the Wheels

Hopefully the Coronavirus subsides in warmer weather. At the very least the games could still go on with no fans in the seats. We can watch on TV. Just keep the games going.

I have my auction for my fantasy team in a week. I currently have Judge from last season as I paid $30 for him and we can keep 7-9 players in our league with our freeze system on where you finished in the standings. If Finished 6th and can keep 8 players if I want.

Now with his injury and doubt I might dump him and try to get him cheaper in the auction but people always overbid with power guys.

Should I dump him or keep his $30 price? We play the standard $260 cap with 23 in the starting lineup. 14 hitters and 9 pitchers....Our 17 reserves are not bought, we have lightning rounds after the initial auction to fill your 40 man team. This league has been going on since 1989. I joined in 2001 with my buddy who was looking for an auction league to get in.
    Last edited by rrzubnyy; 03-10-2020 at 05:56 AM.

1. La Villa Strangiato
    2. Limelight
    3. Between the Wheels

Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    Hopefully the Coronavirus subsides in warmer weather. At the very least the games could still go on with no fans in the seats. We can watch on TV. Just keep the games going.

I have my auction for my fantasy team in a week. I currently have Judge from last season as I paid $30 for him and we can keep 7-9 players in our league with our freeze system on where you finished in the standings. If Finished 6th and can keep 8 players if I want.

Now with his injury and doubt I might dump him and try to get him cheaper in the auction but people always overbid with power guys.

Should I dump him or keep his $30 price? We play the standard $260 cap with 23 in the starting lineup. 14 hitters and 9 pitchers....Our 17 reserves are not bought, we have lightning rounds after the initial auction to fill your 40 man team. This league has been going on since 1989. I joined in 2001 with my buddy who was looking for an auction league to get in.
    Economically speaking, perhaps you should dump him due to the risk factor, but I would probably keep him, so that I could root for him wholeheartedly. Imagine, if you dump him and the guy who picks him up and you are going for the championship and you are partly hoping for Judge to flop. I wouldn't want to do that with Judge.

Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    Well, you all seem to keep this buried on page 14 in between ads. I guess I’ll have to bring it out today.

It is starting to look like The Yankees screwed up by NOT signing Didi to continue to play SS.

Glyber Torres has already made 4 errors in just 9 games so far. And those 9 games are not even full games for the kid. If you break it even further down he averages about 3-4 innings per games so that comes down to just 4 games.

Then break it down even further. 4 errors in basically 4 games is projected to be 162 errors for a 162 games.

Not good folks. All I hear on here is the talk of run prevention and air tight defense.
    AND WAR..Is Torres giving us good defense so far?

At that rate his WAR will be in the negatives.....

You can say what you want to say about Didi and how his bat declined after his surgery. But his defense will always be better than Torres ever will.

Way to go Hal and Cashman, trying to save a buck.

Well, it looks like it burned them! It’s going to be a long season folks.....
    Four errors in 9 games in ST no less at a position he hasn't played regularly in years

In 5 minor league seasons he played in 321 games at SS, 2739 innings, had 1391 chances, 459 PO and 860 Assists with a total of 72 E's for a fld% of .948. Not great but not trash. Ozzie the wizard only played 1 season in the minors, he had 23 E's in 65 games for a fld% of .943 !

I miss Didi as much as anyone. Give Torres some time before you throw him under the bus. After watching Didi hit for Philly.....
    “The greatest menace to freedom is an inert people.” - Ruth Bader Ginsburg
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Albert Einstein
    “Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.”---- James Baldwin
    “The greatest blessings of mankind are within us and within our reach. A wise man is content with his lot, whatever it may be, without wishing for what he has not.” --- Seneca

Kristie Ackert@ByKristieAckert

If everything goes well Paxton will begin throwing on Wednesday. #Yankees
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Albert Einstein
    “Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.”---- James Baldwin
    “The greatest blessings of mankind are within us and within our reach. A wise man is content with his lot, whatever it may be, without wishing for what he has not.” --- Seneca

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    Four errors in 9 games in ST no less at a position he hasn't played regularly in years

In 5 minor league seasons he played in 321 games at SS, 2739 innings, had 1391 chances, 459 PO and 860 Assists with a total of 72 E's for a fld% of .948. Not great but not trash. Ozzie the wizard only played 1 season in the minors, he had 23 E's in 65 games for a fld% of .943 !

I miss Didi as much as anyone. Give Torres some time before you throw him under the bus. After watching Didi hit for Philly.....
    Or
    Lindor and the tribe are no longer talking.
    They may want to get rid of him

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    Or
    Lindor and the tribe are no longer talking.
    They may want to get rid of him
    That too!

Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    Corona virus ain't scary. It's a mild flu.
    Yeah, just ask the families of all those that have died so far. Mild flu?
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

Quote Originally Posted by YANKSGUY View Post
    There are more people dying from the flu though .

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by YANKSGUY View Post
    In people under 65 and not with immunodeficiency, it is still serious but not nearly as deadly as to those within the above categories
    Right now numbers have it at a 3% mortality rate
    The flu, I believe is closer to 1%.
    That is not an insignificant difference but still nothing to get terrified by

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    In people under 65 and not with immunodeficiency, it is still serious but not nearly as deadly as to those within the above categories
    Right now numbers have it at a 3% mortality rate
    The flu, I believe is closer to 1%.
    That is not an insignificant difference but still nothing to get terrified by
    I also think, while yes this is obviously an issue. Not everyone who has it has been tested. Meaning that the fatality rate is probably lower. While still obviously a concern, we don't have all the #s.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.