Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 27 of 185 FirstFirst ... 1725262728293777127 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    The Sevy part of this is over and done. The real question is can the Yanks hold off an excellent Rays team while they are waiting for Paxton and German to get back.

Once those two are back our rotation is still very strong and pretty deep. Do they go with an opener till May when Paxton is back or do they give King, Devi or Schmidt a chance out of camp. Im hoping one of those guys can step up and we can get 10 decent starts from them. So far King would be my guess but who knows.

Cole like pressure and expectations and being in the leadership role. He's going to have to do a hell of a job not only pitching but being a leader of this staff to keep us at the top of our division.

Were going to have to hope our bats and pen can keep us going till May
    My only concern with Cole is can he duplicate his 2019 season? Not 24 starts( team won) in a row but overall numbers?

Tanaka and Happ have to be at their best IMO to stay within 5 games of the Rays..

IMO the Rays will have a lead on the Yankees before we get Pax and German back...

If Cole, Tanaka and Happ are at their best then we will have a 5 game lead on the Rays when we get back Pax and German. Or the lineup stays fully healthy and we destroy teams.
    My top workout songs all by Avenged Sevenfold. These will guarantee to wake you up for your 5am workout.

1. Unholy Confessions
    2. Darkness Surrounding
    3. Second Heartbeat
    4. Remenissions
    5. Chapter Four

Quote Originally Posted by Phoba Rama View Post
    Sorry to say but that is an absurd theory. If he needed Tommy John how did he come back throwing as hard and pitching as well as he did? Doesn't make any sense.
    Then explain how he missed nearly the whole season if he didnít need TJ surgery since atleast last summer? He was in pain since atleast the alcs . I think at the very least his other injuries last season caused him to overcompensate on his elbow and then needed the TJ surgery . Either way all the injuries he has had over the last year are related . Those injuries were not just coincidences and come up out of nowhere

Hilarious!

We signed Cole and Yankee fan bragged about weakening the Astros.

Sevy, Pax and German are out!

It looks like weíre weakened. Houston lost Cole but did get back Lance McCullers for the rotation.
    My top workout songs all by Avenged Sevenfold. These will guarantee to wake you up for your 5am workout.

1. Unholy Confessions
    2. Darkness Surrounding
    3. Second Heartbeat
    4. Remenissions
    5. Chapter Four

Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    If Tanaka goes down then you should be banned from here for jinxing him
    Did I also jixn Seve and Panton? I was just pointing out the validity of the old saying"you can never have to much pitching" relating to all those who called for trading Happ for "a box of balls", etc during the off season.

Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    Hilarious!

We signed Cole and Yankee fan bragged about weakening the Astros.

Sevy, Pax and German are out!

It looks like weíre weakened. Houston lost Cole but did get back Lance McCullers for the rotation.
    did not have sevy all last year so that is a wash and i assume the yanks won't have the ridiculous amount of injuries they had last year plus they added the great cole...

Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    My only concern with Cole is can he duplicate his 2019 season? Not 24 starts( team won) in a row but overall numbers?

Tanaka and Happ have to be at their best IMO to stay within 5 games of the Rays..

IMO the Rays will have a lead on the Yankees before we get Pax and German back...

If Cole, Tanaka and Happ are at their best then we will have a 5 game lead on the Rays when we get back Pax and German. Or the lineup stays fully healthy and we destroy teams.
    cole was great in 2018 as well if your worrying about whether cole will be great in 2020 you clearly have not been paying attention to what he has done the last 2 years....

tanaka will be tanaka inconsistent and happ will be garbage does not matter yanks are clearly superior to the rays lineup wise and in the pen...
    Last edited by johnny ny; 02-26-2020 at 12:08 AM.

Mush.....we werenít much better with Cole than last years team anyway.

We have a slim shot at winning it all with our offense and injuries.

Iím pretty sure I got skewered for saying that last year too.....but hey, Iím not a doctor so what do I know!?

Basically, we traded Cole for Didi, Dellin, Fatty, Romine and all our cap space.

Still a good move obviously but are we better today than October 2019? Not so sure.
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

Support Every President & The Country!

Quote Originally Posted by LeoYankee View Post

Iím pretty sure I got skewered for saying that last year too.....but hey, Iím not a doctor so what do I know!?

Basically, we traded Cole for Didi, Dellin, Fatty, Romine and all our cap space.

Still a good move obviously but are we better today than October 2019? Not so sure.
    Considering they replaced cc with Cole , I would say yes .

Quote Originally Posted by johnny ny View Post
    did not have sevy all last year so that is a wash and i assume the yanks won't have the ridiculous amount of injuries they had last year plus they added the great cole...
    Judge
    Sevy
    Paxton
    Hicks
    German
    Before we even played a ST game
    isnít exactly a great start to that theory.
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    Considering they replaced cc with Cole , I would say yes .
    No way.....Fatty was the best ace ever. I was told that for a decade.
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

Quote Originally Posted by Phoba Rama View Post
    Sorry to say but that is an absurd theory. If he needed Tommy John how did he come back throwing as hard and pitching as well as he did? Doesn't make any sense.
    Leo may have sources but I have a hard time believing this one. Predicting TJ for any pitcher is hardly bold, anytime a pitcher gets any type of arm injury everyone is screaming TJ before they know anything about it. Sadly, they are right a lot because it seems like every pitcher gets it at some point. Like it or not, Severino is a key piece on the Yankees and I doubt they let him pitch through a serious injury last year if he needed TJ. Maybe it was a Tanaka situation where he could rehab and pitch through it until it completely tears? Yanks didn't hide that with Tanaka though so why would they hide it with Severino now? Also, if Severino was trying to pitch through an injury to help the team I would hardly call that selfish.

Also if Severino was absolutely told he needed surgery I cannot imagine a player flat out refusing and if he did I'd imagine it would become an issue that we heard about. The Yankees have no issues throwing a great player under the bus: see Dellin Betances.

Quote Originally Posted by Stevemil505 View Post
    Did I also jixn Seve and Panton? I was just pointing out the validity of the old saying"you can never have to much pitching" relating to all those who called for trading Happ for "a box of balls", etc during the off season.
    If Seve and Panton get hurt then we are REALLY ****ed.

Quote Originally Posted by LeoYankee View Post

We're also getting back Mike, Andujar and Monty. Plus Voit should be healthy. Plus a full seasons worth of Talk man (who also got hurt at the end of the year) and Chevy. And I think Ben Heller has better stuff than any of the other non main bullpen guys.

I'd for sure say the team right now on paper is much better than it was in the ALCS. It'll be even better when Paxton and Sunday return.

Then Sevy comes back summer of 2021!

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLES3658 View Post
    The Yankees have no issues throwing a great player under the bus: see Dellin Betances.
    His name is Dylan.

Leo.....................just rememb.........you know what.....nevermind.

I, for one, would just like to thank you for the continued source support, which has proven invaluable time and time again.

Now I have to lay out this scenario.

Imagine if Daynersí source was correct (who has been reliable in his own right) and Cashman actually did go full chest puff and b**ls swinging in the breeze trying to strongarm Coleís people and tried to walk away in favor of his own delusions of growing rotational spots from within.

Sounds eerily like 2008, doesnít it.

Picture in how absolutely an atrocious scenario we would be in right now if Cashman was actually left to make the big girl decisions on Cole after this (which, by all accounts, front office has been aware of for several months).

Think how absolutely horrendous a rotation anchored by a structurally barely hanging on Tanaka and a 57 year old Happ would look right about now and how Brianís ďbaseball acumenĒ would effect yet another lost year on that rapidly closing, cost-controlled window we have with the 2016-2017 youth purge if Hal hadnít actually stepped in and finished the negotiations.

Just ponder this for a moment.

This is your general manager folks.

Hasnít learned a thing in 22 seasons on the job and still rolling around in the effluent of his own delusional incompetence.
    Last edited by sauronthepower; 02-26-2020 at 01:57 AM.
    THE EMPIRE IS BACK BABY!!!!!!!!