Results 1,921 to 1,935 of 2769
    OhSoSlick is offline Formerly RCSownsU - PSDs Sexiest Fireman
    Sources: MLB intends to propose shorter season, full prorated salaries
    http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/2...rated-salaries

via @ESPN App http://espn.com/app

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

50 game season is a joke , might as well cancel the season

Quote Originally Posted by RCSownsU View Post
    If the season is canceled for the minors, I wonder if teams will lose that year of control.

Could mean a lot of talented minor leaguers become free agents soon.

alot of teams already have started releasing quality MILB players. Fangraphs had an article, can't find it at the moment, that was talking about some borderline top 100 guys available. The article said that they expected for teams to keep the kids that are closer to being ready than some of the lottery ticket types.

Also the way some analysits and agents are talking that alot of the bottom earning teams will be looking to move some of their big salaries because of all the lost revenue. They also think FA's this winter, other than the top 5 or so, are going to have to take big time salary cuts.
    I'd jump all over Paxton and or Tanaka for 2yrs25m or in that range and to resign DJLM for a couple more yrs on the same deal he has now.
    I really hope that the Yanks can finally use their financial advantage again and maybe be able to pick up some elite talent both in the MILB and MLB levels

Sources: MLB intends to propose shorter season, full prorated salaries
    http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/2...rated-salaries

via @ESPN App http://espn.com/app

There's no point in a 50 game season. What happened to them being willing to play into Nov?

These greedy azz players are going to duck this thing up and end up being the only professional sports league not to play this yr. Whats really going to hurt the players if they don't play is how badly this is going to hurt them in the CBA that coming next yr. If they continue this unreasonable stance based on money the players are going to get zero public support when they need it during negotiations.

Its been a long time since the fans were on the owners side when it comes to money issues. Whats funny is the NBA stars make way more money on average than the MLB players and yet i have yet to hear 1 word on how much they aren't making

The one issue i have with the owners is that they haven't figured out a way to pay the MILB players. These kids hardly make anything and for many of them thats their only source of income. Somehow they should figure a way to keep paying them something instead of just cutting them loose and say best of luck.

OhSoSlick is offline Formerly RCSownsU - PSDs Sexiest Fireman
    Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    alot of teams already have started releasing quality MILB players. Fangraphs had an article, can't find it at the moment, that was talking about some borderline top 100 guys available. The article said that they expected for teams to keep the kids that are closer to being ready than some of the lottery ticket types.

Also the way some analysits and agents are talking that alot of the bottom earning teams will be looking to move some of their big salaries because of all the lost revenue. They also think FA's this winter, other than the top 5 or so, are going to have to take big time salary cuts.
    I'd jump all over Paxton and or Tanaka for 2yrs25m or in that range and to resign DJLM for a couple more yrs on the same deal he has now.
    I really hope that the Yanks can finally use their financial advantage again and maybe be able to pick up some elite talent both in the MILB and MLB levels

There's no point in a 50 game season. What happened to them being willing to play into Nov?

These greedy azz players are going to duck this thing up and end up being the only professional sports league not to play this yr. Whats really going to hurt the players if they don't play is how badly this is going to hurt them in the CBA that coming next yr. If they continue this unreasonable stance based on money the players are going to get zero public support when they need it during negotiations.

Its been a long time since the fans were on the owners side when it comes to money issues. Whats funny is the NBA stars make way more money on average than the MLB players and yet i have yet to hear 1 word on how much they aren't making

The one issue i have with the owners is that they haven't figured out a way to pay the MILB players. These kids hardly make anything and for many of them thats their only source of income. Somehow they should figure a way to keep paying them something instead of just cutting them loose and say best of luck.
    The players/union and owners are hoping to have a longer season than that.

When they say 50 games from the MLB, that's from commissioner douchenozzle.

Apparently in the march agreement between the owners and union, If the players/union and owners can't come to an agreement, the commish has the power to have them play a 50 game season with pro rated salaries.

He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

The players/union and owners are hoping to have a longer season than that.

When they say 50 games from the MLB, that's from commissioner douchenozzle.

Apparently in the march agreement between the owners and union, If the players/union and owners can't come to an agreement, the commish has the power to have them play a 50 game season with pro rated salaries.

And I bet most players would tell commissioner *** wipe to F off. 50 games is pointless.

Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    These greedy players are going to screw this up to the point the MLB will be the only league not playing this yr.

Baseball cannot afford to take a hit like that with the fans. If they aren't careful there may never be huge contracts to worry about because the loss in revenue will be tremendous.

Btw has anyone heard if the Yanks have started releasing MILB players like other teams. I know some other teams have cut some pretty high ceiling specs, let hope we dont have to and maybe we could sign some of these guys that have been released

The Yankees with the money they have should never released anybody in 2020 with regards to the minor leagues, they are a pathetic organization that is an embarrassment IMO.
    My top workout songs all by Avenged Sevenfold. These will guarantee to wake you up for your 5am workout.

1. Unholy Confessions
    2. Darkness Surrounding
    3. Second Heartbeat
    4. Remenissions
    5. Chapter Four

Quote Originally Posted by runnermjr1296 View Post
    Have you ever seen his interview with Michael Kay on Centerstage? It really is terrific and gives a different perspective of him. he really is a terrific humble man,and quite humorous
    Yes, a good show.

I liked Kay better with John Sterling on the radio than him on TV.
    My top workout songs all by Avenged Sevenfold. These will guarantee to wake you up for your 5am workout.

1. Unholy Confessions
    2. Darkness Surrounding
    3. Second Heartbeat
    4. Remenissions
    5. Chapter Four

Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    I agree. I suspect it's all about money and less about the game and the fans. This may be fatal for BB.
    Iím to the point where I donít care anymore......

Iíd rather play my simulation game than watch pathetic individuals who play and who run the game. The entire MLB is a fckn disgrace!

1. Unholy Confessions
    2. Darkness Surrounding
    3. Second Heartbeat
    4. Remenissions
    5. Chapter Four

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    It's a mess and the players are to blame.

This isn't rocket science.
    Spring training for the rest of June.
    Opening day July 1
    25 games in each of July, august and September for a total of 75 games.
    Then a post season in October..
    They just try to justify their pay...

I sure miss the Dynasy Yankees of the late 90s....

Iím starting to not care about baseball anymore. When you lose me you are dead!

1. Unholy Confessions
    2. Darkness Surrounding
    3. Second Heartbeat
    4. Remenissions
    5. Chapter Four

Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    Mad Dog Ruosso is obnoxious
    Yes, but comical at times. His style worked and he is the one who helped Francesa.

1. Unholy Confessions
    2. Darkness Surrounding
    3. Second Heartbeat
    4. Remenissions
    5. Chapter Four

Quote Originally Posted by kinkotheclown View Post
    it's a mess and the players are to blame.

This isn't rocket science.
    Spring training for the rest of june.
    Opening day july 1
    25 games in each of july, august and september for a total of 75 games.
    Then a post season in october..

this

1. Unholy Confessions
    2. Darkness Surrounding
    3. Second Heartbeat
    4. Remenissions
    5. Chapter Four

Quote Originally Posted by johnny ny View Post
    i am all for cancelling the season but if they have to play 80 games will do.. the idea of playing the regular season to october 31 is absurd...
    Who cares how long the play?

2020 would be unique for a **** ton of sports in the Fall. The Masters in November is going to be awesome as well.

1. Unholy Confessions
    2. Darkness Surrounding
    3. Second Heartbeat
    4. Remenissions
    5. Chapter Four

Been saying for weeks that the players are greedy sobs . Just imagine stupid the players will be when they ďnegotiateĒ the new agreement for next season .

I started to lose total respect for the Yankees with their stance on people who had bought tickets for the 2020 season. I canít believe they are making fans jump through hoops instead of a simple reimbursement policy. A total joke!

With how bad people are suffering with the virus the Yankees could have been the leader on how to treat their fans...and their minor league players.

2020 was not the year to pull this bullspit!

1. Unholy Confessions
    2. Darkness Surrounding
    3. Second Heartbeat
    4. Remenissions
    5. Chapter Four

Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    Yes, but comical at times. His style worked and he is the one who helped Francesa.
    Francesca is the worst