Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 125 of 185 FirstFirst ... 2575115123124125126127135175 ... LastLast
Results 1,861 to 1,875 of 2769
    Any player's that don't realize this is a very unique situation and they need to adjust as such. Split the earnings 50/50, like the ownership has proposed and figure out a way to play.

This is just a thought and not meant to be racist just an honest question. Do u guys think there is a chance MLB players aren't as interested in playing this yr because close, if not a majority of players are not from the US?

No matter what they need to play in some form if all the other professional sports league can figure out how to play IMO
    Last edited by dayners81; 05-28-2020 at 11:47 PM.

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    Any player's that don't realize this is a very unique situation and they need to adjust as such. Split the earnings 50/50, like the ownership has proposed and figure out a way to play.

This is just a thought and not meant to be racist just an honest question. Do u guys think there is a chance MLB players aren't as interested in playing this yr because close, if not a majority of players are from the US?

No matter what they need to play in some form if all the other professional sports league can figure out how to play IMO
    Yes.
    I think that as a nation we are *****es. If you wan t the guy I the supermarket to work an d you want a haircut and you want factories to be open, STFU and go back to work for your poor, poor salary of 500K+

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    Well, if the owners lose money for no fans on the stands why canít the players lose some money too?
    They can. But asking someone making $35M to be okay with $7M is ridiculous.

Season length is cut in half, cut players salaries in half. Easy solution.

Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post

Tough time getting anyone to agree with that when you are talking about paying a guy 7 million to play a childís game . Mlb players are being greedy plain and simple

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang

I have to disagree.

**** them. 7 mil for 82 games of baseball?

The fans who pay for this salaries are the same people working in grocery stores, cops, nurse...

If they were smart, they would take the 50-50 split and then just split the money evenly between the players.

Show us you are grateful to us for paying you to play a game.

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    I would if my original pay was in the millions and had about half the year off . These players are greedy sobs who get paid all that money to play a childrenís game

Looks like the answer is no.
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    I have to disagree.

**** them. 7 mil for 82 games of baseball?

The fans who pay for this salaries are the same people working in grocery stores, cops, nurse...

If they were smart, they would take the 50-50 split and then just split the money evenly between the players.

Show us you are grateful to us for paying you to play a game.
    Don't get me wrong, I think athletes are all WAYYYYYYYYY overpaid. But if the season is being cut in half, imo their salaries should do the same. I have a hard time siding with billionaire owners who just sit on their ***** and write the checks.

OhSoSlick is offline Formerly RCSownsU - PSDs Sexiest Fireman
    Don't get me wrong, I think athletes are all WAYYYYYYYYY overpaid. But if the season is being cut in half, imo their salaries should do the same. I have a hard time siding with billionaire owners who just sit on their ***** and write the checks.
    Regardless if there are fans or not?

I think that has to matter. To what extent, idk.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

Quote Originally Posted by YANKSGUY View Post
    Looks like the answer is no.

Actually the answer is yes since unemployment benefits are only temporary and 1/5 of something is better than 0 of something and I am sure most of the neatly 30 million unemployed agree

Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    Actually the answer is yes since unemployment benefits are only temporary and 1/5 of something is better than 0 of something and I am sure most of the neatly 30 million unemployed agree
    Bullspit

OhSoSlick is offline Formerly RCSownsU - PSDs Sexiest Fireman
    Bullspit
    You forgot the !!!!

Really drives home the spit.

He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

!!!! °°°°!!!!! °°°°°!!!!! °°°°°°!!!!! °°°! °! °!! °! °! °! °!! °! °!!!!! °°°!!! °°°!!! °°!!!

Quote Originally Posted by RCSownsU View Post
    Only way I see there being a season is the players take more cuts for the season.

But, the salary is deferred with interest.

So kind of a win win situation.

Bottom line is, baseball has been losing fans for years.

If they don't play this year, possible they strike in a year or so if a new CBA isn't reached.

I could see this being the downfall of major league baseball.

I was young. But the same downfall was expected after the 1981 Strike. It never materialized.

The same from the 1994 strike, it never materialized

If there is no baseball in 2020 some fans will say they are finished with baseball and by spring training 2021 those same fans will be back.

It is usually heat of the moment talk for most fans. Now some will leave but not enough to ruin MLB IMO.
    My top workout songs all by Avenged Sevenfold. These will guarantee to wake you up for your 5am workout.

1. Unholy Confessions
    2. Darkness Surrounding
    3. Second Heartbeat
    4. Remenissions
    5. Chapter Four

But they were never losing their full salaries. It would have been paid back in deferred payments.
    My top workout songs all by Avenged Sevenfold. These will guarantee to wake you up for your 5am workout.

1. Unholy Confessions
    2. Darkness Surrounding
    3. Second Heartbeat
    4. Remenissions
    5. Chapter Four

Iím hearing that the players proposal is that they would accept playing 100 games as long as they get their prorated salaries.

Deep down most players are not concerned with CORONAVIRUS they are more concerned with their salaries.

Just figure it out and play the fckn games, geez.

The owners do not want to play because of no organic revenue from fans. They do get TV revenue but not enough to cover losses during a season when they would have to pay the players. No season means nobody gets paid for 2020. Why would any owner want to pay people with basically nothing coming in for revenue?

1. Unholy Confessions
    2. Darkness Surrounding
    3. Second Heartbeat
    4. Remenissions
    5. Chapter Four