Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 119 of 185 FirstFirst ... 1969109117118119120121129169 ... LastLast
Results 1,771 to 1,785 of 2769
  1. #1771
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    16,019
    Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    I agree , donít forget most if not all players are in such good shape that the virus likely wonít make them sick
    A fate short of death is an acceptable risk?

    Just playing devils advocate on this one.

  2. #1772
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    38,201

  3. #1773
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Tacoma, Wa
    Posts
    13,263
    Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    Its to bad he and Cole hate each other so much from their time in college. Bauer would be a hell of a upgrade to the rotation if the Reds fall out of the race.

  4. #1774
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    8,287
    Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    A fate short of death is an acceptable risk?

    Just playing devils advocate on this one.
    If the risk were actually high do you really think mlb would even discuss having a season this year ?

  5. #1775
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    16,019
    Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    If the risk were actually high do you really think mlb would even discuss having a season this year ?
    You said: "....donít forget most if not all players are in such good shape that the virus likely wonít make them sick",

    I disagree. I replied "A fate short of death is an acceptable risk?" I believe there is some risk, particularly in a club house environment for more serious illness. Now you shift the narrative to "if the risk were actually high."

  6. #1776
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    8,287
    Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    You said: "....donít forget most if not all players are in such good shape that the virus likely wonít make them sick",

    I disagree. I replied "A fate short of death is an acceptable risk?" I believe there is some risk, particularly in a club house environment for more serious illness. Now you shift the narrative to "if the risk were actually high."
    Common sense says that if the risk were truly a big factor then mlb would not even discuss having a season this year . And by the way , it is a known fact that most people who get infected donít get sick .

  7. #1777
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    16,019
    More "known" facts Jorge! Known by who? I suggest, as others have, if they are so "well" known you provide documentation. Shouldn't be hard to find. I understand asymptomatic infection, do you understand that it can also spread the virus?

    Sometimes common sense ain't so common.
    Last edited by drt1010; 05-21-2020 at 08:09 AM.

  8. #1778
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    8,287
    Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    More "known" facts Jorge! Known by who? I suggest, as others have, if they are so "well" known you provide documentation. Shouldn't be hard to find. I understand asymptomatic infection, do you understand that it can also spread the virus?

    Sometimes common sense ain't so common.
    Then why is the main thing keeping baseball from starting up being the pay instead of the virus ? Why is the union complaining more about the players pay than the risk of the virus ?

  9. #1779
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Posts
    41,269
    Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    Common sense says that if the risk were truly a big factor then mlb would not even discuss having a season this year . And by the way , it is a known fact that most people who get infected donít get sick .
    Another "known fact" from Posada.



    Ignorance is bliss

  10. #1780
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Cold Spring, NY
    Posts
    6,164
    Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    Common sense says that if the risk were truly a big factor then mlb would not even discuss having a season this year . And by the way , it is a known fact that most people who get infected donít get sick .
    Yeah, I guess those thousands that went to the hospitals was because they were doing so well.
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

  11. #1781
    OhSoSlick's Avatar
    OhSoSlick is offline Formerly RCSownsU - PSDs Sexiest Fireman
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    A Firehouse
    Posts
    37,406
    Yay the covid nonsense is also in this thread. Cool.

    Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

    Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

    I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

  12. #1782
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Clearwater, Fl
    Posts
    20,977
    Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    A fate short of death is an acceptable risk?

    Just playing devils advocate on this one.
    The players are not 65 yrs old or have underlying conditions.
    My favorite Top 10 Rolling Stones songs
    1. Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo ( Heartbreaker)
    2. Gimme Shelter
    3. Miss You
    4. Angie
    5. Sympathy for the Devil
    6. Anybody seen my Baby
    7. Paint it Black
    8. Rock and a Hard Place
    9. (I canít get no) Satisfaction
    10. Undercover of the Night


  13. #1783
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Clearwater, Fl
    Posts
    20,977
    Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    Thousands were hospitalized , over a million infected . I rest my case
    Also we have a world of 7.2 billion.

    Only 1.4 million were affected.
    My favorite Top 10 Rolling Stones songs
    1. Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo ( Heartbreaker)
    2. Gimme Shelter
    3. Miss You
    4. Angie
    5. Sympathy for the Devil
    6. Anybody seen my Baby
    7. Paint it Black
    8. Rock and a Hard Place
    9. (I canít get no) Satisfaction
    10. Undercover of the Night


  14. #1784
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    38,201
    Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    Also we have a world of 7.2 billion.

    Only 1.4 million were affected.
    Ya, **** those 1.4M.

    Mush, I'm disappointed I used to actually defend you.

  15. #1785
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Clearwater, Fl
    Posts
    20,977
    Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    Ya, **** those 1.4M.

    Mush, I'm disappointed I used to actually defend you.
    Just saying the numbers are actually low. And 1 single death is too many.
    My favorite Top 10 Rolling Stones songs
    1. Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo ( Heartbreaker)
    2. Gimme Shelter
    3. Miss You
    4. Angie
    5. Sympathy for the Devil
    6. Anybody seen my Baby
    7. Paint it Black
    8. Rock and a Hard Place
    9. (I canít get no) Satisfaction
    10. Undercover of the Night


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •