Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 116
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Tacoma, Wa
    Posts
    8,682

    Yankees @ Orioles 7/29 -30

    Wed, Jul 29 ē 7:35 PM EDT
    At Oriole Park at Camden Yards
    Yankees 2-1
    Gerrit Cole
    RHP
    1-0, 1.80 ERA, 5 SO
    Cole was credited with a complete-game victory in a rain-shortened Opening Day start at Washington. He threw 75 pitches in that outing and should be permitted to work in the 100-pitch range at Baltimore.

    VS

    Orioles
    TBD

    Game 2
    Thu, Jul 30 ē 7:35 PM EDT
    At Oriole Park at Camden Yards
    TV: MASN 2, YES
    Moved from 8/4


    Yankees
    J.A. Happ
    LHP
    0-0, -.-- ERA, 0 SO
    Happ will make his season debut against the Orioles, a team that hit him hard in 2019. In five starts vs. the O's, Happ pitched to a 6.85 ERA in 22 1/3 innings, permitting seven homers -- his most against any opponent.

    VS

    Orioles
    John Means
    LHP
    0-0, -.-- ERA, 0 SO
    A rookie All-Star in 2019, Means earned the O's Opening Day assignment this summer, but missed that start with arm fatigue. This will be the 2020 debut for the lefty, who went 12-11 with a 3.60 ERA in '19.

    Lets hope Torres picks up where he left off against the O's last yr
    My bad i thought i read it was a double header
    Last edited by dayners81; 07-29-2020 at 12:07 AM.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    A Firehouse
    Posts
    35,197
    Base

    Balls

    Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

    Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

    I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    3,375
    Cool a double header . Lots of baseball . Canít wait

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    23,639
    Did they make it a double header? I thought it was games Wednesday and Thursday.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Tacoma, Wa
    Posts
    8,682
    Quote Originally Posted by EAGLES3658 View Post
    Did they make it a double header? I thought it was games Wednesday and Thursday.
    My mistake, sorry guys

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    3,375
    Either way I look forward to watching some baseball

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    37,000
    Should've saved Cole for Boston. Their pitching staff is a joke but the lineup is still solid.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    A Firehouse
    Posts
    35,197
    Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    Should've saved Cole for Boston. Their pitching staff is a joke but the lineup is still solid.
    Not this year. At least not yet.

    Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

    Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

    I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Tacoma, Wa
    Posts
    8,682
    From what i remember, while is was learning about Cole before we signed him, is that its very important to him to get his starts in and he much prefers it on normal rest. One of the reason's i wanted him is he always talked about his desire to get the ball every 5 day and get as many innings in as he can to lead his team/staff. He talked about Verlander teaching him that and as the leader of a staff u can't ask your guys behind u to step up and do what u won't. For whatever its worth. This early in the season, especially as badly as both Baltimore and Boston have been its just better to let Cole go with his normal routine, IMO

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    2,684
    Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    Should've saved Cole for Boston. Their pitching staff is a joke but the lineup is still solid.
    lineup does not scare me no betts benintendi has not been good since his rookie year..

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    3,375
    Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    From what i remember, while is was learning about Cole before we signed him, is that its very important to him to get his starts in and he much prefers it on normal rest. One of the reason's i wanted him is he always talked about his desire to get the ball every 5 day and get as many innings in as he can to lead his team/staff. He talked about Verlander teaching him that and as the leader of a staff u can't ask your guys behind u to step up and do what u won't. For whatever its worth. This early in the season, especially as badly as both Baltimore and Boston have been its just better to let Cole go with his normal routine, IMO
    I agree with you , with such a short season already , there is no valid reason to use a starter on extra days rest

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Cold Spring, NY
    Posts
    4,225
    Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    Cool a double header . Lots of baseball . Canít wait


    LOL!!! Why would they have a DH with he Orioles?
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    3,375
    Quote Originally Posted by YANKSGUY View Post
    LOL!!! Why would they have a DH with he Orioles?
    Again you donít bother to read do you ? The creator of this thread has already apologized for mistakingly posting that the two games were a double header . It is right there 2 posts after mine .

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Tacoma, Wa
    Posts
    8,682
    Quote Originally Posted by YANKSGUY View Post
    LOL!!! Why would they have a DH with he Orioles?
    This time it was very much my misreading that caused his error, not on him

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Tacoma, Wa
    Posts
    8,682
    Looks like the Marlins are going to be lucky to win 5 games this yr

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •