Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 191 of 194 FirstFirst ... 91141181189190191192193 ... LastLast
Results 2,851 to 2,865 of 2909
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    Okay. Your optimism knows no bounds.
    Your pessimism owns the Universe my friend! Other teams trash could be our biggest treasure and viceversa.Believe in the process!
    Caruso on steroids!

Quote Originally Posted by New Power House View Post
    Your pessimism owns the Universe my friend! Other teams trash could be our biggest treasure and viceversa.Believe in the process!
    Hehe ... I don't think it's pessimism to think LeBron might not play his last game in a Lakers jersey, and I REALLY don't think it's pessimism to think Westbrook isn't going to be traded for multiple good assets.

I love the rebuilding process for teams and hope for the best ... that said I don't have much faith in current Lakers leadership to do a good job at it.

Hehe ... I don't think it's pessimism to think LeBron might not play his last game in a Lakers jersey, and I REALLY don't think it's pessimism to think Westbrook isn't going to be traded for multiple good assets.

I love the rebuilding process for teams and hope for the best ... that said I don't have much faith in current Lakers leadership to do a good job at it.
    They got one ring out of 4 years in this process. There are like tons of teams that can not pull not even getting out of the conference finals and have a healthier more expensive roster. Letís wait and see what actually will come out out of the Westbrick failure in this summer.
    Caruso on steroids!

They got one ring out of 4 years in this process. There are like tons of teams that can not pull not even getting out of the conference finals and have a healthier more expensive roster. Letís wait and see what actually will come out out of the Westbrick failure in this summer.
    If you just want to "wait and see" then why are you here talking about it?

I have no choice but to wait and see, but in the meantime I go online and talk about what I think about it.

Yes the Lakers won a title, and the credit I give to the front office is that they were in the job when luck shown on them and delivered LeBron who delivered AD and then the pandemic delivered the rest break that team needed to be at their peak for the title run. Do you think the front office can re-create that luck? I have little faith in Pelinka or the Rambi or LeGM to remake this roster with so few assets left to maneuver with.

The situation the Lakers are in is this:
    -The best talent on the team are old or often injured, and they share the same position as their optimal or preferred position, and both have seen their defensive games fall off over recent years.
    -The young talent is thin and there are a lot of questions about how much they can develop
    -There is essentially no draft capital of value that can be moved until 2027
    -There is essentially no significant tradable value other than the top 2 players on the team and the 1st round picks for 27 and 29.
    -They are over the cap next year right now by $53M (including options and cap holds)
    -Pelinka, the GM, is battling in the office with the Rambi and none of them have a history of rebuilding a team
    -They don't have a coach, and whoever they hire is going to have to convince the players to play a more modern system and play together.
    -The rest of the NBA is better now at evaluating talent and building rosters than they used to be so it's harder to get lucky and the Lakers magic that would get players to come for cheap is possibly at it's weakest ever.
    -The free agents on the market who might come to the Lakers the next 2 years suck.
    -Even if the Lakers tank it doesn't help them in the draft for years.

Jeannie should kick the Rambi and Pelinka to the curb now. She should pay big money to steal a better GM who is a real basketball person and put them in charge of the basketball decisions. And make it absolutely clear that they are a team.

Now is the time to blow it up for draft picks, then go for good top free agents to build the team around.

On the positive side luck could happen again, but that's not the way to bet. But they are still the Lakers so they are going to have money and some players will want to play in the P&G.

I have no choice but to wait and see, but in the meantime I go online and talk about what I think about it.

Yes the Lakers won a title, and the credit I give to the front office is that they were in the job when luck shown on them and delivered LeBron who delivered AD and then the pandemic delivered the rest break that team needed to be at their peak for the title run. Do you think the front office can re-create that luck? I have little faith in Pelinka or the Rambi or LeGM to remake this roster with so few assets left to maneuver with.

-The best talent on the team are old or often injured, and they share the same position as their optimal or preferred position, and both have seen their defensive games fall off over recent years.
    -The young talent is thin and there are a lot of questions about how much they can develop
    -There is essentially no significant tradable value other than the top 2 players on the team and the 1st round picks for 27 and 29.
    -They are over the cap next year right now by $53M (including options and cap holds)
    -Pelinka, the GM, is battling in the office with the Rambi and none of them have a history of rebuilding a team
    -They don't have a coach, and whoever they hire is going to have to convince the players to play a more modern system and play together.
    -The rest of the NBA is better now at evaluating talent and building rosters than they used to be so it's harder to get lucky and the Lakers magic that would get players to come for cheap is possibly at it's weakest ever.
    -The free agents on the market who might come to the Lakers the next 2 years suck.

Jeannie should kick the Rambi and Pelinka to the curb now. She should pay big money to steal a better GM who is a real basketball person and put them in charge of the basketball decisions. And make it absolutely clear that they are a team.

Now is the time to blow it up for draft picks, then go for good top free agents to build the team around.

On the positive side luck could happen again, but that's not the way to bet. But they are still the Lakers so they are going to have money and some players will want to play in the P&G.
    Doesn't matter how simple you put it, NPH has the belief that there is a line all the way around the block of star free agents waiting to sign with the Lakers for the vets min. If they're lucky they can split the TMLE with another star to play for the Lakers. And every GM will be honored to trade their superstar players for our trash, so much so that they'll even sweeten the deal by adding 1st round picks.
    "I'm telling Mom"

The most heard phrase in my house

Those 1sts from Cleveland would have to be VERY protected.
    I think Lakers will not go the route of rebuilding from the bottom up. They will trade Westbrick to recover assets then play at least one more season their duo. Then, they will get a player or players to surround Davis. If Lebron stays two seasons then perhaps Davis gets traded if he does not improve his ability to stay healthy.
    Not a trade I really like, just pointing out a team that I believe would give up two 1sts for LBJ.

I'm holding strong for Phoenix to get bounced and wants to go all in this summer. Bridges & Johnson
    "I'm telling Mom"

It really comes down to this, if we're really gonna go with LBJ we have to be ready and expect a very unpopular "go all in" move coming. If we're not "going all in" with LBJ then what's the point in having him. Just trade the dude to a team willing to go "all in" with him.

That's why I'm on the blow it up train.
    "I'm telling Mom"

Her marching band named her as a visual tech, which means she has to teach them how to do the marching. This is Texas, they really yell at the kids here and they start months before school starts and practice more than the Texas football teams do. They put her in charge.
    Damn. Thank God I played football

Quote Originally Posted by McAllen Tx View Post
    Doesn't matter how simple you put it, NPH has the belief that there is a line all the way around the block of star free agents waiting to sign with the Lakers for the vets min. If they're lucky they can split the TMLE with another star to play for the Lakers. And every GM will be honored to trade their superstar players for our trash, so much so that they'll even sweeten the deal by adding 1st round picks.
    Ya. And?

It really comes down to this, if we're really gonna go with LBJ we have to be ready and expect a very unpopular "go all in" move coming. If we're not "going all in" with LBJ then what's the point in having him. Just trade the dude to a team willing to go "all in" with him.

That's why I'm on the blow it up train.
    And "going all in" would mean taking some big swings with big risks, and leave the team with nothing in the cupboard ... and still it would be a long shot to win it all.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteShadow42 View Post
    Damn. Thank God I played football
    Me too. It's funny watching the football team look at the band in august in Texas and think "Glad I'm not them!".

This summarize everything you just wrote there. We are the Lakers! We got 17 rings and the rest including Boston who has only won a few in the last 40 years fi not like. Yes, some teams win but we will always win too and the difference will always be there. Warriors is trying very hard to copy the model, but once Curry is done is over for them. Lakers will always attract more super stars like late Lebron Davis combo.
    Any way I am here to have fun!
    Caruso on steroids!

Not a trade I really like, just pointing out a team that I believe would give up two 1sts for LBJ.

I'm holding strong for Phoenix to get bounced and wants to go all in this summer. Bridges & Johnson
    Wouldn't it requires more than Bridges and Johnson to match Lebron's salary? More like Ayton and Bridges? Ayton could show a thing or two to AD on how to play in the paint...

Mamba Forever

Quote Originally Posted by Iron24th View Post
    Wouldn't it requires more than Bridges and Johnson to match Lebron's salary? More like Ayton and Bridges? Ayton could show a thing or two to AD on how to play in the paint...
    I don't think they give up Ayton in a deal for LeBron. Too big of a price.

More than likely salary fillers Saric & Craig to go with Bridges & Johnson.
    "I'm telling Mom"

I don't think they give up Ayton in a deal for LeBron. Too big of a price.

More than likely salary fillers Saric & Craig to go with Bridges & Johnson.
    Whatever I'd do it too.

Mamba Forever