Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 34 of 39 FirstFirst ... 243233343536 ... LastLast

Thread: Dak Prescott

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    There was even a statement that came out where Dak said, Iím going to get my money, either from the Cowboys or some other team.
    Every player should have that attitude. NFL front offices approach team building like a business so why shouldn't players? It's just that most players don't have the privilege to make big demands and often see the value in staying with a team long-term. But they should never make that public in contract talks. Even Brandon Graham last year said he wouldn't give the Eagles a hometown-discount but then he did. Kelce hinted at retirement before getting a new deal and he's one of the leaders in the locker room. He knew he wasn't joining another team but still made the decisions that gave him the most money.

I'm not going to argue Wentz is a team guy because of the contract he took. He could play on the veteran minimum if he was such a team guy. He and his agent simply saw the value in getting lots of money up front.
    Last edited by QB_Eagles; 05-29-2020 at 08:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    That reported contract was later said to have never been on the table according to other sources.

I find it hard to believe that the Cowboys wouldn't sign Dak to a 2-3 year contract. They're clearly not sold on paying him franchise money else the deal would have been done a while ago. The Redskins in 2016 would have gladly signed Cousins to a 3-year deal; I'm sure.
    Dakís agent is the one that said that wasnít true. There has been a lot of back and forth between the two sides this week.

Dakís agent apparently said that Dak felt hurt by the team because the he (the agent) made a proposal to the Jonesí. He said that they not only balked at the idea of giving him an extension but that Jerry seemed offended that he would even ask for a new deal.

Stephen Jones then responded that after they won those first 3 games. He approached Dakís agent to discuss the contract extension and that the agent had increased the demand to $40M plus. Remember, this was last year that he wanted $40M+.

Keep in mind that the source for all of this is a total dip ****, Skip Bayless. Even though heís a dip **** he actually is pretty plugged in to all things Cowboys and he used to be a reporter in Dallas so what heís saying could be true.

Dak is going to let pride get him traded to Jacksonville.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Every player should have that attitude. NFL front offices approach team building like a business so why shouldn't players? It's just that most players don't have the privilege to make big demands and often see the value in staying with a team long-term. But they should never make that public in contract talks. Even Brandon Graham last year said he wouldn't give the Eagles a hometown-discount but then he did. Kelce hinted at retirement before getting a new deal and he's one of the leaders in the locker room. He knew he wasn't joining another team but still made the decisions that gave him the most money.

I'm not going to argue Wentz is a team guy because of the contract he took. He could play on the veteran minimum if he was such a team guy. He and his agent simply saw the value in getting lots of money up front.
    They absolutely should carry themselves and present themselves as a business just like the teams do. I agree with that. If a players demands are so outrageous though there comes a point where itís better to just cut bait. Move on from that player while your team is young enough to still be good while another long time QB is groomed (2 years).

They absolutely should carry themselves and present themselves as a business just like the teams do. I agree with that. If a players demands are so outrageous though there comes a point where itís better to just cut bait. Move on from that player while your team is young enough to still be good while another long time QB is groomed (2 years).
    Technically, in terms of competing for championships, it would be best to keep Dak for another 2 years while keeping the cap hits beyond that. Then they could roll year 3 without Dak while paying most of his contract. You can't do that with franchise tags.

If the Cowboys actually wanted to commit to Dak long-term the contract would have been done already. Dak either wants a long-term commitment or a short contract with lots of guarantees. There's nothing wrong with that; he's not making outrageous demands for a franchise QB. Dallas just doesn't agree with that assessment.

If the Cowboys actually wanted to commit to commit to Dak long-term the contract would have been done already. Dak either wants a long-term commitment or a short contract with lots of guarantees. There's nothing wrong with that; he's not making outrageous demands for a franchise QB. Dallas just doesn't agree with that assessment.
    Would you say they tagged him without the real intent to sign him? If so paging MGjohnson to call out the Cowboys

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Would you say they tagged him without the real intent to sign him? If so paging MGjohnson to call out the Cowboys
    Intent, yes. Just not the same type of deal Dak wants.

I would think the intent to sign him is there considering they reportedly offered him the highest contract in NFL history.

Quote Originally Posted by mariner4life View Post
    I would think the intent to sign him is there considering they reportedly offered him the highest contract in NFL history.
    And he didnít take it? Wow.. Maybe his intent is to leave Dallas

Your baby can't do this

Quote Originally Posted by mariner4life View Post
    Reportedly that report wasn't true.

Quote Originally Posted by jaydubb View Post
    And he didnít take it? Wow.. Maybe his intent is to leave Dallas
    I really donít think that his intent is to leave Dallas. It may end up being his reality though.

Dakís agent is the one that said that wasnít true. There has been a lot of back and forth between the two sides this week.

Dakís agent apparently said that Dak felt hurt by the team because the he (the agent) made a proposal to the Jonesí. He said that they not only balked at the idea of giving him an extension but that Jerry seemed offended that he would even ask for a new deal.

Stephen Jones then responded that after they won those first 3 games. He approached Dakís agent to discuss the contract extension and that the agent had increased the demand to $40M plus. Remember, this was last year that he wanted $40M+.

Keep in mind that the source for all of this is a total dip ****, Skip Bayless. Even though heís a dip **** he actually is pretty plugged in to all things Cowboys and he used to be a reporter in Dallas so what heís saying could be true.

Dak is going to let pride get him traded to Jacksonville.

I dont believe anything coming out of Stephen or Jerry's big mouths. Bob Sturm of the Ticket and The Athletic did a good story on this - no ownership group in the country does more to subvert his own players in the press than Jerra. He is a good ole southern redneck when he wants to be.

Quote Originally Posted by zookman65 View Post
    He is a good ole southern redneck when he wants to be.
    but the only time he wants to be.....is when he's awake
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    but the only time he wants to be.....is when he's awake
    Give him a break. He loves his Johnny Walker Blue

With all the endorsements being the starting QB of the cowboys you would think that the contract value shouldn't matter that much. Think he would be getting the same endorsement money if he was the Bengals or Jags QB?

If I was JJ I would throw that in his face, he wouldn't get nearly as much endorsement if he was on any other team.

#Hernandezing

Quote Originally Posted by bwallstreet View Post
    haha delusional
    Someone underestimated the jets!

Quote Originally Posted by scopepts View Post
    With all the endorsements being the starting QB of the cowboys you would think that the contract value shouldn't matter that much. Think he would be getting the same endorsement money if he was the Bengals or Jags QB?

If I was JJ I would throw that in his face, he wouldn't get nearly as much endorsement if he was on any other team.
    Stephen Jones says it all the time. Playing for the Cowboys gives you more opportunities for endorsements than most teams (because of their exposure). If Dak went to play for the Jags or Bengals no one outside those cities (and most within those cities) wouldnít give a crap about Dak.

Page 34 of 39 FirstFirst ... 243233343536 ... LastLast