Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 33 of 39 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 ... LastLast

Thread: Dak Prescott

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    The offer on the table for him right now would make him the highest paid player in the NFL. The last report was 5 yrs/$175M with $110M guaranteed. It matches Wilsonís over all money and equals Goffís guaranteed money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mahomes and Watson contract talks are heating up. I think Dallas has to get this done before one of them sign otherwise I think the average per year and guaranteed money will both go up for dak.

Your baby can't do this

Quote Originally Posted by jaydubb View Post
    Mahomes and Watson contract talks are heating up. I think Dallas has to get this done before one of them sign otherwise I think the average per year and guaranteed money will both go up for dak.
    It will likely still take a year or so before they agree to an extension. Their contracts expire the year there is supposed to be a huge increase in the cap. Honestly if Mahomes signs for anything less than $45M-$50M a season with $150 guaranteed Iíd be surprised.

The guy that is really going to regret signing early is Wentz. Heís signed until 2025. The first huge increase in the cap is expected in 2022. At $22M that year heís going to be vastly underpaid. Would not be surprised if he wants a new deal at that time.

The guy that is really going to regret signing early is Wentz. Heís signed until 2025. The first huge increase in the cap is expected in 2022. At $22M that year heís going to be vastly underpaid. Would not be surprised if he wants a new deal at that time.

Team guy.

According to surf half his career is already over so he will retire by then anyways.

A healthy Wentz doesn't sign that deal. He got the benefit of long-term guarantees.

Wentz already received $50 million out of the contract he signed last year (it just won't show up as cap hits until later into the contract), which dwarfs Dak playing on the franchise tag this year, especially if he's smart with his money.

It seems to me what's holding up the Dak contract talk is that the Cowboys likely don't want to guarantee him a lot of money beyond 2021. (In terms of cap hits, i.e. low signing bonus.)

They probably *want* to tag Dak twice, while also making it look in the public like Dak forced them to do this.
    Last edited by QB_Eagles; 05-29-2020 at 08:47 AM.

Yeah itís nice that he took one for the team. It would suck if he got super greedy and became a locker room distraction because he was trying to squeeze every penny out of the eagles front office.

Your baby can't do this

Yeah itís nice that he took one for the team. It would suck if he got super greedy and became a locker room distraction because he was trying to squeeze every penny out of the eagles front office.
    A couple of eagle posters have said this but I canít really agree. Wentz was in a totally different situation.
    There must of been days with his sore back that he literally needed help to go to the bathroom.
    The ACL injury too is an exhausting rehab. With all the injuries he had the guaranteed money was to much to risk for a few extra millions per year. Not talking about the talent cause itís obviously there but Wentz probably didnít want to bet on himself.
    Thereís no evidence that Wentz took less money for the team. He took the best deal for him.
    Hard to turn down 100 million plus in guaranteed money with that injury history.
    He valued the security and rightfully so IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by mariner4life View Post
    A couple of eagle posters have said this but I canít really agree. Wentz was in a totally different situation.
    There must of been days with his sore back that he literally needed help to go to the bathroom.
    The ACL injury too is an exhausting rehab. With all the injuries he had the guaranteed money was to much to risk for a few extra millions per year. Not talking about the talent cause itís obviously there but Wentz probably didnít want to bet on himself.
    Thereís no evidence that Wentz took less money for the team. He took the best deal for him.
    Hard to turn down 100 million plus in guaranteed money with that injury history.
    He valued the security and rightfully so IMO.
    Not gonna disagree, we canít prove his intentions either way. I do think the deal he got was good for his situation and for the eagles so itís win/win in my opinion

Your baby can't do this

Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    A healthy Wentz doesn't sign that deal. He got the benefit of long-term guarantees.

Wentz already received $50 million out of the contract he signed last year (it just won't show up as cap hits until later into the contract), which dwarfs Dak playing on the franchise tag this year, especially if he's smart with his money.

It seems to me what's holding up the Dak contract talk is that the Cowboys likely don't want to guarantee him a lot of money beyond 2021. (In terms of cap hits, i.e. low signing bonus.)

They probably *want* to tag Dak twice, while also making it look in the public like Dak forced them to do this.
    According to latest report theyíve offered $110M guaranteed. That would match what Goff got, and at $35M a year he would match what Wilson is getting. What is really messing all of this up is the new TV contract coming up in two years. Dak is basing what he wants on what the cap will be. The Jonesí are basing their offer on the current market. The market is going to change significantly in two years. Thatís why there has been all this talk about Dak only wanting a 2-3 year deal. He wants to not only get paid now on what the cap will be but he also wants to be able to jump right back in the FA pool again in 3 years.

According to latest report theyíve offered $110M guaranteed. That would match what Goff got, and at $35M a year he would match what Wilson is getting. What is really messing all of this up is the new TV contract coming up in two years. Dak is basing what he wants on what the cap will be. The Jonesí are basing their offer on the current market. The market is going to change significantly in two years. Thatís why there has been all this talk about Dak only wanting a 2-3 year deal. He wants to not only get paid now on what the cap will be but he also wants to be able to jump right back in the FA pool again in 3 years.

Pretty selfish.

The Eagles are going to have make a really hard decision at that point. Howie Roseman said they drafted Hurts because they had visions of Russell Wilson, who they missed out on. If best case scenario happens and Hurts turns out to actually be a good QB, he would also need an extension at that time. Heís a 2nd round pick so there is no 5th year option on his rookie contract. If Hurts turns out to be good theyíre going to have a hard decision to make.

Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    Pretty selfish.
    Thatís the sentiment that everyone is starting to get. There was even a statement that came out where Dak said, Iím going to get my money, either from the Cowboys or some other team.

Thatís the sentiment that everyone is starting to get. There was even a statement that came out where Dak said, Iím going to get my money, either from the Cowboys or some other team.

I know this wonít happen and I like Dak and want to keep him long term but a small part of me would love for the cowboys to pull the the tag away and see the look on his face.

That reported contract was later said to have never been on the table according to other sources.

I find it hard to believe that the Cowboys wouldn't sign Dak to a 2-3 year contract. They're clearly not sold on paying him franchise money else the deal would have been done a while ago. The Redskins in 2016 would have gladly signed Cousins to a 3-year deal; I'm sure.

Page 33 of 39 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 ... LastLast