Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 28 of 39 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast

Thread: Dak Prescott

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    If they really want to stick it to Dak, they would place the transition tag on him and let him go out and find out what the market is for him. Heíll find itís not that great. Doing that however would guarantee that Dak isnít going to play for the Cowboys beyond this season (if at all).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Nor is it a smart move.

The thing that is nuts to me is that all cowboys fans dont care they want him even at 34 million a season... Cowboys fans wanted Romo gone for years when he got paid less with less help and did more... within 3 seasons dak will be hated by a good bit of cowboys fans because the cowboys wont be able to put a super team around him

Quote Originally Posted by CasperX22 View Post
    Nor is it a smart move.
    id franchise him/sign rivers/trade Dak for a haul and draft a QB in the draft

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    The thing that is nuts to me is that all cowboys fans dont care they want him even at 34 million a season... Cowboys fans wanted Romo gone for years when he got paid less with less help and did more... within 3 seasons dak will be hated by a good bit of cowboys fans because the cowboys wont be able to put a super team around him
    They can tag Dak this year take the 35 million dollar cap hit and still over 40 million in cap space . They have no dead money . All 4 stud o linemen are signed . I say 4 because L Collins was quietly one of the best RT in the NFC this year and just signed a extension. No one talks to much about that but he had a outstanding year . Having 4 guys like that on the o line signed for the near future is incredible. Zeke is signed , Cooper is about to sign they have Gallup for 2 more seasons LVE for 3 , JSmith is signed , Tank is signed . Thatís the core of the team . Thatís 11 above average players if Dak signs . They will lose BJones but itís got nothing to do with Dak . They have plenty of cap space to make each 1 the highest paid players at thier position they just donít want to .

Plus your completely ignoring the fact that they have consistently been among the best teams in football come draft time . Unless MM screws that up somehow Iím not expecting that to change .

Iíll tell you what though and Iím calling this right now. Dallas could use a upgrade at QB2 . I bet MM takes a QB maybe round 4 or 5 . Maybe with 1 of the comp picks . And he will try to groom that qb.

Quote Originally Posted by CasperX22 View Post
    Nor is it a smart move.
    True, but would giving in to his latest contract demands be the smart move? Word is his agent submitted a counter proposal of 4 years for $160M. They did not mention what the guarantees are.

Thatís not true. There is actually a HUGE portion of the fan base that wants the Cowboys to move on from Dak. I personally would love to have Dak back but not at his current demands (4yrs $160M). You canít kill your cap like that.

He really is forcing them to move on from him. At this point they really do have to star looking at all their options. In my opinion they should franchise Dak. Make him play the year on the franchise tag and draft a QB in this draft. And if need be franchise him again next season while your young QB is still being groomed. Then after that you just let Dak walk.

Quote Originally Posted by surf and turf View Post
    Plus your completely ignoring the fact that they have consistently been among the best teams in football come draft time . Unless MM screws that up somehow Iím not expecting that to change .

you wont ever hit on a first rounder thats for damn sure.

Hopefully they keep letting Will Mclay do his thing .

Quote Originally Posted by surf and turf View Post
    Iíll tell you what though and Iím calling this right now. Dallas could use a upgrade at QB2 . I bet MM takes a QB maybe round 4 or 5 . Maybe with 1 of the comp picks . And he will try to groom that qb.
    wow. This guy is a genius!

It's Time for Prescott to move on

Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    It makes me wonder if because of his contract situation could Dak end up leaving the Cowboys especially if Jerry doesn't pay Dakota his money? I mean if Dak holds out long enough where the situation becomes untenable and the Cowboys cut their losses, where can Dak go?
    The Cowboys have been reluctant to pay Prescott because he's simply not worth it.

NFL teams, starting with the Cowboys, are realizing that paying 30 million or more a year for a guy who is just so-so is a team killer. If you pay that much, the guy should be able to carry you. Prescott has a ton of talent around him and he still can't win. Once you give him the 30 or 40 million, you no longer can surround him with that much talent and then you're really screwed.

Pay Dalton half that much and keep the few primo players you would have to let go if you signed Prescott for that exorbitant amount of money.

Look at the Rams with Gott. He's mediocre and LA is paying him a fortune and they're now hamstrung. That will be Dallas if they sign Prescott for what he's asking for.

Mahomes, Wilson, Watson and a couple others, the big bucks are worth it. Otherwise forget about it. Especially with the glut of QBs out there right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Giannis94 View Post
    wow. This guy is a genius!
    I am pretty good .. lol

You calling Lamb a bust so soon ?

Page 28 of 39 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast