Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 16 of 36 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Thread: Dak Prescott

If Iím Dallas, Iím resigning Jones/Cooper and replacing Dak with MM for 1/2 the cost. Draft your replacement.

Quote Originally Posted by hugepatsfan View Post
    I donít agree with this. When I hear someone say theyíre about the team, the things that stand out to me are caring about winning more than your stats, putting in work with receivers that need it after practice, taking blame upon yourself to shield others, etc.

Itís obviously great if someone wants to take less to help the team but Iíll never hold it against someone for wanting top dollar. I separate that from the actual football team aspect.
    I'm not talking about Tom Brady less in a contract because your wife is worth half a billion, I'm talking about not pushing the envelope so far you end up with a lesser team because your salary allows for less cap flexibility....it's not team-oriented to weaken the team around you for a bit more money, not when you're already offered tens of millions. I mean I get it, short shelf life and all (less true however for QBs), get what you can while you can, but is his life changed much getting 33mil vs 36mil per year?
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    I'm not talking about Tom Brady less in a contract because your wife is worth half a billion, I'm talking about not pushing the envelope so far you end up with a lesser team because your salary allows for less cap flexibility....it's not team-oriented to weaken the team around you for a bit more money, not when you're already offered tens of millions. I mean I get it, short shelf life and all (less true however for QBs), get what you can while you can, but is his life changed much getting 33mil vs 36mil per year?
    The flip side to that is 3 million extra for the cowboys going to change the team? Thatís not even enough to upgrade one position out of 22. I get that every dollar counts but I think itís exaggerated a bit.

Gil Brandt must be getting a piece of Daks contract . He just did a QB list for Cowboys and has Dak 3rd . Ahead of Romo . Iím not so sure about all that . I know the guys pretty respected throughout football but ... I think Iíll take Romo .

Quote Originally Posted by surf and turf View Post
    Gil Brandt must be getting a piece of Daks contract . He just did a QB list for Cowboys and has Dak 3rd . Ahead of Romo . Iím not so sure about all that . I know the guys pretty respected throughout football but ... I think Iíll take Romo .
    the funny thing is, Dak actually ruined the cowboys only recent shot at a superbowl.

he did well in the regular season when Romo got injured, so they kept him in during the playoffs, and he was predictably not all that great.

I have no doubt that if they started Romo again they'd have a very great shot at a superbowl
    Quote Originally Posted by NormSizedMidget View Post
    It's different now than it was.

When he won the second one, Giants fans are here we're outside of their minds.
    That quote always cracks me up.

Quote Originally Posted by mariner4life View Post
    The flip side to that is 3 million extra for the cowboys going to change the team? Thatís not even enough to upgrade one position out of 22. I get that every dollar counts but I think itís exaggerated a bit.
    33-36 isn't that big of a deal... but a very solid backup player 2-5 mil is a huge difference or spread that 3 mil out among 3 backups at a mil. each, yea that's a big deal to them.
    YOU JUST MADE THE LIST!!!!!

HAPPY RUSSEV DAY!!!

2019 PSD Fantasy Nascar Champion

Quote Originally Posted by basch152 View Post
    the funny thing is, Dak actually ruined the cowboys only recent shot at a superbowl.

he did well in the regular season when Romo got injured, so they kept him in during the playoffs, and he was predictably not all that great.

I have no doubt that if they started Romo again they'd have a very great shot at a superbowl
    You must be thinking of a different player Dak was outstanding in his first playoff game . He had over 300 yards and 3 TD . In fact he became the first rookie to throw for 3 TD in his first playoff game since 1966 .

Quote Originally Posted by surf and turf View Post
    You must be thinking of a different player Dak was outstanding in his first playoff game . He had over 300 yards and 3 TD . In fact he became the first rookie to throw for 3 TD in his first playoff game since 1966 .
    dude, no. They had 13 points in the first 3 quarters and scored 18 in the 4th when the game was already over.

so no, he did not have a good first playoff game.

he got a bunch of garbage time stats
    Last edited by basch152; 02-21-2020 at 04:31 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by NormSizedMidget View Post
    It's different now than it was.

When he won the second one, Giants fans are here we're outside of their minds.
    That quote always cracks me up.

Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    If Iím Dallas, Iím resigning Jones/Cooper and replacing Dak with MM for 1/2 the cost. Draft your replacement.
    why wouldnt you just pay rivers then? MM is trash.. if you are drafting your replacement you should just go get rivers and trade dak and the cowboys are a legit superbowl threat the next 2 seasons

Quote Originally Posted by basch152 View Post
    dude, no. They had 13 points in the first 3 quarters and scored 18 in the 4th when the game was already over.

so no, he did not have a good first playoff game.

he got a bunch of garbage time stats
    The game was tied ??? Lol
    The packers won on a FG with no time left.
    Is garbage time coming back to tie the game?

The game was tied ??? Lol
    The packers won on a FG with no time left.
    Is garbage time coming back to tie the game?
    when you look at how the packers have played under MM... yes. I have only been screaming it for years and screaming for him to be fired FOR YEARS by the way while getting **** on around here.. I mentioned constantly as soon as we are up 2 scores even if its 9 points MM plays clock the start of the 2nd half which is run/run/pass or run on 3rd and 3 etc just to milk clock and it costs him... it has cost him so many ****ing times that it was annoying listening to packer fans... we fired that pos about 6 years to late. So yes when the other team is playing clock up 2 scores to start the 2nd half which was MMs MO its trash time because he is basically saying HERE take the yards and points and get back in the game so i can rely on a late score by rodgers or a bend but dont break defense to win us the game on a last second stop... idiot ****ing coach

trust me just walk the **** away because i have proof for days with him doing this stupid **** time and time again

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    why wouldnt you just pay rivers then? MM is trash.. if you are drafting your replacement you should just go get rivers and trade dak and the cowboys are a legit superbowl threat the next 2 seasons
    Rivers is absolutely washed. So yes, please pay him.

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    when you look at how the packers have played under MM... yes. I have only been screaming it for years and screaming for him to be fired FOR YEARS by the way while getting **** on around here.. I mentioned constantly as soon as we are up 2 scores even if its 9 points MM plays clock the start of the 2nd half which is run/run/pass or run on 3rd and 3 etc just to milk clock and it costs him... it has cost him so many ****ing times that it was annoying listening to packer fans... we fired that pos about 6 years to late. So yes when the other team is playing clock up 2 scores to start the 2nd half which was MMs MO its trash time because he is basically saying HERE take the yards and points and get back in the game so i can rely on a late score by rodgers or a bend but dont break defense to win us the game on a last second stop... idiot ****ing coach

trust me just walk the **** away because i have proof for days with him doing this stupid **** time and time again
    That game was one great catch away from going to overtime. MM being conservative or coaching poorly doesnít make it garbage time.

That game was one great catch away from going to overtime. MM being conservative or coaching poorly doesnít make it garbage time.
    yes.... yes it does... he played for clock AT HALF.... He always did it.. he made garbage time his best friend for the opposing team in big situations... THANK GOD rodgers either bailed us out or our bend but dont break defense stopped them.... MM was ****ing garbage and he will make dak seem legit but it wont equate to ANYTHING... He wasted the arguable GOAT... Dak is ****ed

Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    Rivers is absolutely washed. So yes, please pay him.
    he just came off of a great year before this year and didnt have a ton of help this past season... MM cant even stay on the field... if you are going to draft a QB for the future nobody and i mean nobody with brain cells is taking MM over rivers nomatter the price on a team with as much help as the cowboys

Page 16 of 36 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast